The Video Game Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sterlk
David Furner

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Sterlk »

I saw that site yesterday, its nice to see that overseas importing of games is going to become more mainstream, nobody should be paying what we get slugged in the stores.

However Skyrim can currently be found brand new and sealed on eBay from the UK for about $50, though the majority of listings are consistent with Harvey Norman's price... so if you're going to wait for shipping from overseas, HN is not a one-stop-shop, probably better prices to be had elsewhere for those that care.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Sterlk wrote:I saw that site yesterday, its nice to see that overseas importing of games is going to become more mainstream, nobody should be paying what we get slugged in the stores.

However Skyrim can currently be found brand new and sealed on eBay from the UK for about $50, though the majority of listings are consistent with Harvey Norman's price... so if you're going to wait for shipping from overseas, HN is not a one-stop-shop, probably better prices to be had elsewhere for those that care.
I'm still awaiting Skyrim in the mail, I reckon it will come on Wednesday-Friday. Since I started eBaying early this year I decided to never waste $100 on a new release game again, total rip off.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

The Video Game Thread

Post by Postman Pat »

Green_Hammock wrote:
Sterlk wrote:I saw that site yesterday, its nice to see that overseas importing of games is going to become more mainstream, nobody should be paying what we get slugged in the stores.

I'm still awaiting Skyrim in the mail, I reckon it will come on Wednesday-Friday. Since I started eBaying early this year I decided to never waste $100 on a new release game again, total rip off.
You only started ebaying this year? Really?
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Re: Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Green_Hammock »

Jason wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:

I turned 18 in january.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Green_Hammock wrote:
Jason wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:

I turned 18 in january.

i been buying stuff off ebay since i was 14.. albeit with my dads DOB..
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Re: Re: Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Green_Hammock »

Tim W wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:
Jason wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:

I turned 18 in january.

i been buying stuff off ebay since i was 14.. albeit with my dads DOB..
I used to get my Dad to buy me stuff.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Green_Hammock wrote:
Jason wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:I'm still awaiting Skyrim in the mail, I reckon it will come on Wednesday-Friday. Since I started eBaying early this year I decided to never waste $100 on a new release game again, total rip off.
I turned 18 in january. 
That and Goulburn finally discovered the internet :P

Got Madden as an Xmas present. Love it! So smooth and easy to play. Struggle a bit with timing when it comes to long distance passes, but got my running game perfected.

Debating whether to use my $65 of JB Vouchers to put toward a game or a new car stereo
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

I got Skyrim last week, I could spend endless hours on this although I wouldn't because I usually seem to get pretty frustrated with it. For example, I was doing the Missing In Action quest just then, travelled basically across the entire map to meet Avulstein in woop woop and when he gets there he is hostile against me but not attacking me and I can't talk to him (bug). Eventually I tried fast travelling away and back again and then took out my swords and randomely jumped around him for a minute until he said "I'll let you live this time" and boom I could talk to him... :lol: ****..
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

Bought star wars: the old republic digitally last week and have been having a ball. It's overly run of the mill gameplay wise (not bad but hardly revolutionary) but the story is really good. Got the digital deluxe edition for only $60 which really made my day.
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Yeah started playing it on the weekend, gotta love Bioware they know quality and always emphasize a good storyline. **** on WoW

Rolhai are you on the unofficial Australian servers "jeck jeck" and "harbinger"
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:
Jason wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:I'm still awaiting Skyrim in the mail, I reckon it will come on Wednesday-Friday. Since I started eBaying early this year I decided to never waste $100 on a new release game again, total rip off.
I turned 18 in january. 
That and Goulburn finally discovered the internet :P

Got Madden as an Xmas present. Love it! So smooth and easy to play. Struggle a bit with timing when it comes to long distance passes, but got my running game perfected.

Debating whether to use my $65 of JB Vouchers to put toward a game or a new car stereo
car stereo...

Ive been trying to find Madden and NHL 12's in Canberra.. noone has them..

Looks like ill have to resort to the net..
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

For anybody interested in Mass Effect 3, you get free in-game stuff for it if you complete the Kingdoms of Amalur demo to the end.

I actually really enjoyed the demo, will be buying that game, best RPG combat I've seen for a while, if not ever.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The other Mass Effects were great games as I'm sure 3 will be though with playing SWTOR not sure I'll get around to it, same makers, gameplay, great storylines but an MMO with a lot more depth and variety
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

manbush wrote:The other Mass Effects were great games as I'm sure 3 will be though with playing SWTOR not sure I'll get around to it, same makers, gameplay, great storylines but an MMO with a lot more depth and variety
SWTOR deff is very fun and absorbing. Just hit 50 with my vanguard last week!
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

I just bought UFC Undisputed 3 on eBay from an Aussie seller who will ship tomorrow ($59.95). I ended up being a bit bored with Undisputed 2010, mostly because I hated the submission system and the gamplay overall was annoying as well, I liked EA's MMA a lot better. From the review I read that convinced me to purchase this game it seems they made a big improvement, can't wait to get it.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

The Video Game Thread

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I bought it today , had 70 odd PS2 games to trade in at EB. I haven't played it yet but it may be a late night
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Tell me what you think, hoping to get it before my day off on Thursday.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The Video Game Thread

Loving it do far , getting my ass whipped
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Career mode any good? I think they removed the annoying deteriorating stats thank god.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The Video Game Thread

Yeah that's what I'm playing. It starts off easy then you make the UFC. I'm finding that harder . I'm 19 wins 9 losses and never lasted 3 rounds. I've had some good wins but I've been hammered as well . You join a camp and train with them and learn their moves.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

I always found it annoying that I could never avoid finishing the fight and go to a decision.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The Video Game Thread

If I fight differently I could probably make it last , but I'm going all in.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Just got it in the mail, gotta finish work first...
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The Video Game Thread

Enjoy , I haven't played for the last few days because of work. I hate how that interferes :)
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

I'm on holiday in melbourne/sydney for a week now... Played it for 5 hours last night haha. On experienced I was going good made it to the ufc on a seven fight streak but lost to hamill on my 3rd ufc fight, kickass fight though.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Green_Hammock wrote:I'm on holiday in melbourne/sydney for a week now... Played it for 5 hours last night haha. On experienced I was going good made it to the ufc on a seven fight streak but lost to hamill on my 3rd ufc fight, kickass fight though.

Found getting to the UFC easy but after that it got harder.

Wanderlei Silva has been my best fight. Clean him up and knocked him out cold.

Belcher did the same to me though :lol:
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

:lol:
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

[/b]
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:
Jason wrote:
I turned 18 in january. 

That and Goulburn finally discovered the internet
:P

Dude your from Penrith so u cant critisize Goulburn! :lol:
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Yeah skyrim rocks though. Wish I didnt murder my wife in it though!!!!
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Vanilla Bear
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by Vanilla Bear »

harveynorman.com.au currently has a 50% off sale on all games. The best part about it is, after you buy it online you can choose to pick it up in store. I got Saints Row 3 for $34 and Mass Effect 3 for $49 yesterday :D
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Nice, not sure what games I want right now, ufc 3 has got a little stale.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The Video Game Thread

I'm waiting for GTA5 , but I might check out what HN are offering
Poida_Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

The Video Game Thread

Post by Poida_Raider »

Ive been waiting for unchartered 3 to come down in price. Walked past EB Games today and they didn't have any preowned copies, but brand new for $109. Saw this thread a couple of hours ago and paid $29 for it!! Friggin stoked! I thought 58 must have been the already discounted price so was even happier when it went into the basket for 29! Massive deal.
cliffbag
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Jack and Papa

Post by cliffbag »

Got mass effect 3 for $39 in the Harvey Norman sale
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Raidersrawesome wrote:I'm waiting for GTA5 , but I might check out what HN are offering
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/grand-th ... x-360.html

88 for a preorder is pretty damn good