The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: The Television Thread

Post by dubby »

I thought Shane had a better idea than Rick in some cases. He was harsh, intolerable and looked out for his own with no regard for trouble or a threat to his group.
Shame he was overly consumed with Lori.

The thought of Shane vs Negan is interesting! And I bet he wouldn't have negotiated with the trash people, or Alexandria.

Do you think The Whisperers will appear on TV?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

The Television Thread

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah, I think Rick is just getting to the mindset Shane was at in Season 2, only without the insanity.

Had Shane beat Rick, I don't think he would have got by the Governor, but if he got this season, I agree he wouldn't have negotiated with anyone, Kingdom included.

Vs Negan, I think he would have ended up either in Abrahams place because Negan saw him as a threat, or siding with Negan. Negan would have loved Shane.

I haven't read the books, so I don't know who they are. That said, I hope they do haha

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote:Bushy are you still reading the walking dead comics?
Never actually read any just heard heaps about them and plots.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Dammit. Was looking forward to a chat. Thanks very much bushy.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched Episode 1 of Season 3 of Outlander. Love this show.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Loving American Vandal on Netflix, perfect for what it is!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Anyone watching the new "Outlander"?

I love this show. Brings out the Scottish heritage in me.

Also like Riverdale and the new Dynasty. Guilty pleasures.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

No. I’m watching the bachelorette finale like every other normal human being
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Is that on tonight?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't know why anyone wants to win this, to be honest!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That was the worst ever Bachelorette. I was like who cares who ends up with who?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Pigman wrote:No. I’m watching the bachelorette finale like every other normal human being
Normal?

I'm sure you mean demented. Or simply middle class folk without Netflix

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote:
Pigman wrote:No. I’m watching the bachelorette finale like every other normal human being
Normal?

I'm sure you mean demented. Or simply middle class folk without Netflix
That’s a revealing post
sorry for your hardship, Dubs
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

You're the one watching the bachelorette. I'm sorry for YOUR hardship!

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I’m comfortable in my own skin, there is no hardship in that, friend
I hope one day you can know that
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I was just yanking your chain mate

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Any Clive Barker fans will be stoked to hear he's making a "Nightbreed" tv show. :thumbsup
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched the latest episode of Outlander. How did pirates know they just needed to turn up on a remote island and grab Ian and the treasure, while Jamie and Clair are on the mainland shore? Why did Ian have to to swim to the island. Why didn't they just get a boat?!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It is now rare that I can watch a drama on FTA, but The Good Doctor has been good... the episodes I've seen.

It is like the good old days of network TV.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

yep, good doctor has started well

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm loving The Good Doctor. Very good show.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:I'm loving The Good Doctor. Very good show.
Im trusting you on this. Will download for my flight home.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

The Television Thread

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote:
greeneyed wrote:I'm loving The Good Doctor. Very good show.
Im trusting you on this. Will download for my flight home.
It is a network TV show... so it’s a bit glossy and commercial... but it is also off beat. Based on a Korean TV series.

On Rotten Tomatoes the critics rating is 55 per cent. Audience rating is 88 per cent.

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Stranger things is pretty strange. I love the 80s theme though.

Finished Longmire, waiting for The Punisher on Netflix

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Up to episode 10 of The Punisher on Netflix loving it so far.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Manbush wrote:Up to episode 10 of The Punisher on Netflix loving it so far.
It was great!!
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

So you’ve finished it mate? I’m guessing Jigsaw appearance will be season finale.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Manbush wrote:So you’ve finished it mate? I’m guessing Jigsaw appearance will be season finale.
Yeah mate, had a quiet weekend at home and smashed it!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Punisher is very good.

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

I’m up to episode 3,
And I still can’t get past how angry Shane is!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

He's nailing this role so far

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Finished it last night can’t wait for season 2, being an old fan of the comics though I guessed the ending as soon as I heard the characters name in episode 1.

Loving the Netflix marvel series and stoked they’ll retain the licenses even when Disney starts their own streaming service.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I love Jessica Mauboy... but The Secret Daughter really is bad. Whoever plays the father... get him off TV permanently!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Yeah, Good Doctor was fair viewing

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hah! How many eps did you watch?