Re: The Television Thread

Post by Dr Zaius »

It's Robb Stark!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Yes it is.

I also enjoyed Elite. In Spanish for those who are averse to subtitles.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The haunting of hill house is good. Also enjoying MaM#2

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: October 30, 2018, 7:55 pm
T_R wrote: October 30, 2018, 7:46 pm
greeneyed wrote: October 29, 2018, 7:48 pm Finished watching Bodyguard. This is definitely the best TV show I've seen this year. Absolutely gripping stuff. If you haven't seen it, you must see it.

Somehow, I still think there's bad guys out there!
I need something for an upcoming flight, so I'll download it. It's the English one, yeah?
Yep. Here are the reviews: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/bodyguard/s01/
Yeah, that first episode was fantastic!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote: October 31, 2018, 7:12 pm
greeneyed wrote: October 30, 2018, 7:55 pm
T_R wrote: October 30, 2018, 7:46 pm
greeneyed wrote: October 29, 2018, 7:48 pm Finished watching Bodyguard. This is definitely the best TV show I've seen this year. Absolutely gripping stuff. If you haven't seen it, you must see it.

Somehow, I still think there's bad guys out there!
I need something for an upcoming flight, so I'll download it. It's the English one, yeah?
Yep. Here are the reviews: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/bodyguard/s01/
Yeah, that first episode was fantastic!
I'm glad you liked it!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Watched the final series of House of Cards this weekend. It was one of my favourite shows... and the very appropriate loss of Francis... well it didn’t make a lot of difference. Only eight episodes, very good for the most part, but the final episode was a little disappointing as a way to end the series. I’d have like some more wrap up. Robin Wright was amazing. Anyway, it has been a great series.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I'm making my way through that as well GE.

Also watching Brooklyn 99. I can't believe that I haven't watched it before. Bloody brilliant.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Nine Nine is the best!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched Outlaw King on Netflix. Outstanding film.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

If you haven't taken GEs advice and watched Bodyguard yet, go and do it now.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Just watched Outlaw King on Netflix. Outstanding film.
I'm catching up with Ozark.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gergreg wrote:

Ozark Image
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:Watched the final series of House of Cards this weekend. It was one of my favourite shows... and the very appropriate loss of Francis... well it didn’t make a lot of difference. Only eight episodes, very good for the most part, but the final episode was a little disappointing as a way to end the series. I’d have like some more wrap up. Robin Wright was amazing. Anyway, it has been a great series.
Pretty underwhelming season really. Some of the plot lines went nowhere. Others were simply ludicrous.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Normally I don’t like docos much. But just watched ReMastered: Tricky Dick and The Man in Black.

It’s about Nixon inviting Johnny Cash to the White House for a concert.

Really very good.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Watching The Man in The High Castle on Amazon Prime. Set in a Nazi/Japanese ruled US in the 60s, after we lost WWII
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Outlander Season 4 after two episodes... as good as ever!
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Dr Zaius wrote:Watching The Man in The High Castle on Amazon Prime. Set in a Nazi/Japanese ruled US in the 60s, after we lost WWII
Fantastic series.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-GD- wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Watching The Man in The High Castle on Amazon Prime. Set in a Nazi/Japanese ruled US in the 60s, after we lost WWII
Fantastic series.
Oh my God. Such a good show.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dr Zaius wrote:
-GD- wrote:
Fantastic series.
Oh my God. Such a good show.
Series three gets a little wandering and lost, unfortunately.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Been watching Jack Whitehall: Travels with my father on Netflix. A bit cheesy and very obviously staged... but amusing none the less.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Yeah I didn’t mind that one for a quick time waster GE

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I just found Norsemen on Netflix. Pretty funny spoof viking style show

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brewdle wrote: November 18, 2018, 5:52 pm Yeah I didn’t mind that one for a quick time waster GE

Yeah, I'm finding it quite a bit of fun. For some reason, Netflix has Season 2 listed first, before Season 1... so I'm watching Season 1 now.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Just watched The Bodyguard and enjoyed it. Couple of plot holes. Was expecting a bit more amazing from people’s reactions.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just flicking around Netflix and came upon this classic!

Fireplace for your home. Classic edition. It is one hour of a fireplace, with burning logs and sound effects.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Really!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Recorded Vanity Fair and now binge watching it... I normally don't love British period dramas... but this is quite a different adaptation... wicked comedy touches and looks amazing. Great television.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finished the seven episodes in one day... and it was outstanding. Never seen a film or television series of Vanity Fair... and this one, at least, was great.

BBC First on Foxtel... plus I see it is available on other platforms too.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Kayo Sports has just been released. Looks like Foxtel Now but exclusively for the sports channels. Has some nice features and HD streaming. $25/month for 2 device streams.

Might sign up for the trial and see how it goes with the cricket. If you can follow the ball in that then there won't be any issue with rugby league. I only subscribe to Foxtel for the sports channels so will save a bit of money on that.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Only downside it doesn't work with the old Chromecast as the refresh rate is higher

Otherwise it's good
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

The Television Thread

Post by gangrenous »

What’s the offering in terms of cricket and NRL like? How’d they land access?

Forgot my most important question. Will Phil Gould be on it?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Anyone watching Castle Rock?

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

It’s good Dubs, also enjoyed Channel Zero Dream Door if you like your horror

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

CR is getting better every episode IMO.

I'll check it out brewdle Image

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Dr Zaius wrote:
gergreg wrote:

Ozark Image
Yes, finally caught up. Pretty cool series.

I watched an episode of Haunting on the hill or whatever it's called. I heard good reviews but not really a genre I can get into TBH, so probably won't watch again.

Shoving it in your face since 2017