The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Television Thread

Post by greeneyed »

This final episode of The Good Doctor has been great. It's a long time until January 29 for the next episode.

Liked The Real O'Neals on 7Flix as well, earlier.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Manbush, are still watching Z Nation? Hasn’t it gone to absolute rubbish in the last two seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

I haven’t started season 4 yet but 3 headed downhill fast.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Manbush wrote:I haven’t started season 4 yet but 3 headed downhill fast.
4’s been better then 3 but I keep watching hoping it goes back to what it was. It wouldn’t surprise me if it gets cancelled this season. Which is a pity because it was a great show.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Is this AACTA Awards thing the worst awards ceremony in the history of television?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Probably, didn't even know it existed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

greeneyed wrote:Is this AACTA Awards thing the worst awards ceremony in the history of television?
I'm guessing you missed the RLPA Awards? They were a shambles
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

No. Pretty much any awards ceremony in Los Angeles is horrendous.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched the first episode of season two of The Crown. It really is outstanding television. I wonder what the royals think of it.

Have liked Victoria as well, even though it seems to be even more of a royal fantasy.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Gee, their production budget is up! Enjoying series 2 more than the first, I think.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just got through Episode 6 of Season 2 of The Crown. This show just gets better and better. That revealed a lot that I did not know.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I watched the first 3 episodes of season 2 of the Crown today. I thought they were great. I enjoyed how the show looped back one of the final scenes in episode three to the opening scene of the season... it was very well done. I must admit, I hadn't noticed that he didn't already have "Prince" in his title.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Yeah The Crown is fantastic, loving season 2 so far
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Just a heads up to those with Foxtel.

Tomorrow (tues) @ 1pm.

1994 Prelim Final..Raiders v Bears
Followed by..
1994 Grand Final..Raiders v Bulldogs

I don't want to spoil the experience but...we win both.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There are some ones early in the morning too.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote:There are some ones early in the morning too.
Yep, 6-30am.. Rnd 18 1994..Knights v Raiders..Brett Mullins on fire.
And 8-30am.. Rnd 20 1994.. Steelers v Raiders.

All on tomorrow peeps.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Next year there is a new series (I think on Netflix) called Altered Carbon. It's an adaptation from a science fiction book which is fantastic for anybody who likes the genre.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Just watched season 4 of Rake, which was something of a return to form after the dismal season 3, where they appeared to try to turn it into slapstick.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

The Television Thread

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched the first five episodes of season five of Vikings on SBS On Demand. No Ragnar... and I thought it’d suffer. But now there’s Ivar the Boneless! Still I miss Ragnar!

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Just finished the first season of Dark on Netflix. Very much worth a watch if you're into mystery / sci-fi.

Note however that it's a German show, so Netflix have dubbed it with English voices, so the talking is out of sinc with the actors who are speaking German. Alternatively you can probably listen to it in German and just watch with English subtitles.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just finished watching Stranger Things 2. Have to say it felt like a bit of a struggle at times to get through it, but it picked up in the final episodes. Nice end. They've announced a new season, and they seem to be planning on four, five seasons, but that'd be all.

I'm not sure that two wasn't enough. It is losing the novelty.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just saw the first episode of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon.

Really very good, amazing period costumes and sets, and fantastic choice of music as well. You are transported to 1958, no doubt. Plus it’s intelligently funny.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Caught up with the first 2 seasons of The Crown over the holidays. Never had much previous interest in the royals but this is exceptionally produced and acted television
BJ
Steve Walters

The Television Thread

Post by BJ »

Azza wrote:Caught up with the first 2 seasons of The Crown over the holidays. Never had much previous interest in the royals but this is exceptionally produced and acted television
I just caught up with the first 2 seasons of Order in the House. Never had much previous interest in Australian Politics but Edmund Barton was an exceptional Prime Minister and better than anyone else over the last decade plus.

Order in the House, the first 50 years is available on cylinder record. The 80s on Beta tape, the 90s on DVD, the 2000s on Blue Ray and the last decade on Stan. (Which is obviously Named after Stanley Bruce).
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Edmund Barton was also a very big supporter of the White Australia policy fyi
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Notaroboticfish wrote:Edmund Barton was also a very big supporter of the White Australia policy fyi
Hmmm good point fish.

To commemorate this, We should be able to release a Special Box Set:

“Australian Parliament - The Whiter than White Years”.

I will get George Lucas to digitally add Harold Holt to the parliament, so it matches his original vision and we can flog some extra copies to the fans who bought the original ‘Order in the House’ box set but need to witness George’s real version.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

I was just pointing out that it’s hard to consider him a ‘good’ PM when it was his government that passed the first version of that policy and he was one of the biggest proponents of it

Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Been watching The Detour on Stan,!pretty funny stuff
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Notaroboticfish wrote:I was just pointing out that it’s hard to consider him a ‘good’ PM when it was his government that passed the first version of that policy and he was one of the biggest proponents of it

I have to confess that I haven’t actually listened to the Cylinder record copies or Hansard prints of Edmund Barton in politics and can not accurately claim him to be a great Prime Minister.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote:Just finished watching Stranger Things 2. Have to say it felt like a bit of a struggle at times to get through it, but it picked up in the final episodes. Nice end. They've announced a new season, and they seem to be planning on four, five seasons, but that'd be all.

I'm not sure that two wasn't enough. It is losing the novelty.
Yeah, this one dragged a bit. Still good though.

Hated the Lost Sister episode. Felt like a filler episode and a meaningless distraction from the main plot. Might be relevant for the next series but I'm hoping not. Those characters were just awful and the acting even worse.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

I watched my first episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians last night (my wife had the remote).....

My doctor has told me that as a result, my I.Q. has dropped to 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded....

seriously, how does that tripe pass off as TV?
I found a moon rock in my nose....
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Checked out the first two episodes of UnReal on Stan, supposed to be a dramaedy, while there wasn’t a lot of funny in it the drama was good. It’s about the production company of a reality tv show, it will probably spoil so called reality tv for you if you’re a fan of it
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just saw the first episode I'e seen of Maigret on ABC. Very good but hard to take Mr Bean in the main role.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Finally made the time to watch ‘Making a Murderer’, talk about corruption. Although the producers of the documentary have been accused of leaving a lot of evidence out.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The 2 lawyers were on The Project. They said they never saw the footage of Brendan’s lawyer standing over him telling him what to write.

Said they found that astonishing and they totally would’ve used it

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021