The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: The Television Thread

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah, have to wonder what the other 2 are thinking now.

Meanwhile, there’s a petition to have Judith Lucy be the next Bachelorette. If there was ever a petition to sign, it’s this one

https://www.change.org/p/australia-judi ... chelorette
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: November 13, 2019, 7:35 pm There was one guy who was one of the favourites to win, but he left when he found out his Grandmother passed. He’d be here in the final for sure.
Ciarran was going to win this thing running away. Wasnt even going to be close AFIAC.
Such a shame, hope he's the next Bachy
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: November 13, 2019, 7:35 pm There was one guy who was one of the favourites to win, but he left when he found out his Grandmother passed. He’d be here in the final for sure.
Ciarran was going to win this thing running away. Wasnt even going to be close AFIAC.
Yeah I was expecting it to be him and Towball in the final.
What about Carlin dropping the “Oh btw, I’m married” bombshell ep 2? I would have loved for him to follow that up with “She doesn’t know I’m here. She thinks I’m on a fishing trip. I better get back...”
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: November 14, 2019, 1:15 pm
I looked him up on Google. Really?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: November 14, 2019, 3:39 pm
Botman wrote: November 14, 2019, 1:15 pm
I looked him up on Google. Really?
M8... do you even reality tv?
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Amazon Prime is the most underrated streaming service imo. There’s some really under rated gems on there and a plethora of in depth US sport documentaries which I really enjoy because I generally don’t know the stories to start with.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

julian87 wrote:Amazon Prime is the most underrated streaming service imo. There’s some really under rated gems on there and a plethora of in depth US sport documentaries which I really enjoy because I generally don’t know the stories to start with.
I agree. I got it to smash out The Boys during the trial, and was blown away with what else they had.

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Well she chose the right one by the looks. Why is this overlapping with the final of Love Island?!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Channel Nine was smart enough to work out The Bachelorette would run over. No overlap for Love Island.

The public got third place right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

So the winners were pretty much as expected!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

You ***** are absolutely ruining the television thread with this **** reality tv ****.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I walked in the room while my wife was watching love island this week.

I lasted 30 seconds before I realised it had caused irreversible brain damage. I genuinely fear for your long term health gents.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don’t know what I’m going to do now Love Island Australia is over. Maybe watch Love Island UK on Nine Now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I just realised I’ve hardly watched any episodes of Love Island Australia Season 1. 30 hours of quality TV to binge watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Me Inbetween on Foxtel... Quality

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just finished 30 episodes of QUALITY TELEVISION! Love Island Australia Season 1! That's drama and intrigue and sensation all rolled into one!

Seems like the third placed couple are the only ones still together. The only ones who didn't "officially" become "boyfriend and girlfriend".

The winnners? The bloke seemed to have a girlfriend already going in! Just forgot to tell anyone! Won $25,000 and promoted his new personal trainer business. A Canberra electrician! The runners up? The bloke has ended up with that tyro from Married at First Sight and they're expecting a baby! Sadly some other Canberra construction worker got the boot at the final stages too.

WHAT A SHOW!

I can't wait for Season 3 now! Can we have two a year?

I guess I'll just have to watch the new season of "The Crown" now.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Just finished off Mr Mercedes Season 3 and started The Crown Season 3. Neither of them Love Island, but quality shows none the less.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I've got a few shows recorded ready to watch..

Season 2 of Mr Inbetween

World on fire.

And there's an Aussie show called Upright starring Tim Minchin starting in December.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Anyone seen this Prodigal Son? It started last week. I’m wanting to build up a couple of eps so I can binge through the early stages. Has Jesus from Walking Dead and Michael Sheen. Looks good

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I've finished season three of The Crown. It's a great show, wonderfully filmed, produced and acted. The production values are amazing.

Of course, it is no Love Island Australia. If only we had two seasons of that a year!

I was a bit disappointed with this season of The Crown... in that it blatantly changed historical events for the purpose of what became a fictional story line. For example, they put things into Prince Charles' speech at his investiture as Prince of Wales... about Welsh sovereignty etc which he didn't actually say. That's on the historical record... why meddle with stuff that is so clearly on the public record, just to slant a story line in a fashion that might be more popular in 2019? It would have been more nuanced if they stuck to the actual public record... to the most likely version of history... rather than bash us over the head with the less nuanced version.

Same with young Charles and Camilla... they convoluted time lines and the most likely version of the facts just to make the two of them seem more sympathetic today, than they deserve.

Anyway, still enjoyable... but of course, no match for the drama of Love Island Australia.

I guess I'll have to watch Love Island UK now.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Seen the 1st 2 episodes of The Mandalorian. Damn shame John Favreau was given the reigns to the most recent Star Wars trilogy.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: November 21, 2019, 7:13 pm Seen the 1st 2 episodes of The Mandalorian. Damn shame John Favreau was given the reigns to the most recent Star Wars trilogy.
You mean wasnt no?

Im watching this closely too, thus far... really enjoying it
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: November 21, 2019, 8:04 pm
Northern Raider wrote: November 21, 2019, 7:13 pm Seen the 1st 2 episodes of The Mandalorian. Damn shame John Favreau was given the reigns to the most recent Star Wars trilogy.
You mean wasnt no?

Haha mixing up a key "was" and "wasn't" in a statement is straight out of the Botman playbook!

Give him back his shtick, ****!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I watched The last jedi on the box last night, hadn't seen it before. I remember heaps of people losing their minds and making claims that Star Wars was now ruined... didn't they watch The phantom menace? But overall I thought TLJ was okay.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: November 24, 2019, 8:40 am I watched The last jedi on the box last night, hadn't seen it before. I remember heaps of people losing their minds and making claims that Star Wars was now ruined... didn't they watch The phantom menace? But overall I thought TLJ was okay.

I found the movie so frustrating. It was full of these "why did you do that?" moments. By the end of the movie they outweighed the positives by a fair margin. I reckon their initial test screenings lacked honest feedback or they just ignored negative responses.

I guess part of my dislike for the movie stemmed form those early critic reviews saying "best Star Wars ever". I went in with such high expectations and left the cinema thinking I'd watched the wrong movie.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: November 22, 2019, 9:20 am
Botman wrote: November 21, 2019, 8:04 pm
You mean wasnt no?

Haha mixing up a key "was" and "wasn't" in a statement is straight out of the Botman playbook!

Give him back his shtick, ****!
Shut up The Rickman
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Northern Raider wrote: November 24, 2019, 9:25 am
gergreg wrote: November 24, 2019, 8:40 am I watched The last jedi on the box last night, hadn't seen it before. I remember heaps of people losing their minds and making claims that Star Wars was now ruined... didn't they watch The phantom menace? But overall I thought TLJ was okay.

I found the movie so frustrating. It was full of these "why did you do that?" moments. By the end of the movie they outweighed the positives by a fair margin. I reckon their initial test screenings lacked honest feedback or they just ignored negative responses.

I guess part of my dislike for the movie stemmed form those early critic reviews saying "best Star Wars ever". I went in with such high expectations and left the cinema thinking I'd watched the wrong movie.
I reckon its one of the best tbh.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

julian87 wrote: November 24, 2019, 10:30 am

Nah, it was cringe overload. Even prefered Episode VII.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Northern Raider wrote:
julian87 wrote: November 24, 2019, 10:30 am

Nah, it was cringe overload. Even prefered Episode VII.
What was so bad about it? Let's be realistic - it is a cringey/cheesy series in general, even the originals. They've all been heavily marketed at children - with Empire strikes back being the only one that's even remotely dark. No 7 was basically a rebooted no 4. No 1 to 3 were all pretty average but 3 had some cool CGI. I don't know why anybody would go into any of them with high expectations after what has been dished up?

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Asking what's wrong with it is a very long list. I'll paraphrase to a few key points. We're already struggling to connect with the new characters of Ep VII, then they introduce several more we don't care about. The 1st Order portrayed as a bunch on bumbling idiots. Had none of the threat and menace The Empire had. Any intrigue from new sub plots introduced in the previous movie (Rae's parents, Snoke etc) were cut off with no resolution. Any scene with Finn and Rose.

I'm not going though all those "what the?" moments but I'll give special mention to Leia Poppins.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

In a series that demands you suspend all reasonable logic and belief, that Leia scene was not only a bridge too far, but the **** harbour bridge of bridges to far
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

She used the gotdamn force guys... it answers and solves everything. May the **** force be with you lads.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Haha, nobody is debating how she did it. It was just an incredibly clumsy scene with embarassing visuals.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

We watched the entire 2nd season of Mr Inbetween today..

11 episodes.

Good show !!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: