The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Television Thread

Post by greeneyed »

What a couple of bombshell nights of Love Island.

Aaron, model, reduced to a flood of tears two nights in a row comes up with the classic line, after his best friend is dumped from the “island”: “I hate crying… it wrecks my skin. It’s bad for your skin, rubbing and irritations”.

His partner consoles him: “But you know if you store it, you can get fat. Because the cortisol levels rise in your body.”

*Aaron stops crying.

This is brilliant television! No one could write that. No one.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And even better ending to tonight’s episode.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

You're a weird cat, GE...
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

greeneyed wrote: October 18, 2021, 10:23 pm Love Island tonight… outstanding.

Succession tonight… best show on the planet by some distance. What an opening for season three.
My wife watches Succession.

As well done as it is I have no desire to spend my time with rich scumbags. There are enough in the real world.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The other reality shows of choice at the moment: Below Deck and Below Deck Med. For a long time have been wondering what on earth was happening. But absolutely hooked now. I had to binge all the previous series that I could. Travel, beautiful scenery, luxury boats, mixed with a whole lot of rich, often drunk people behaving badly, and poor crew, often drunk, behaving badly or trying to get it on. Brilliant combination.

Then property renovation, building, buying and selling shows. Can't go wrong there either.
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

greeneyed wrote:The other reality shows of choice at the moment: Below Deck and Below Deck Med. For a long time have been wondering what on earth was happening. But absolutely hooked now. I had to binge all the previous series that I could. Travel, beautiful scenery, luxury boats, mixed with a whole lot of rich, often drunk people behaving badly, and poor crew, often drunk, behaving badly or trying to get it on. Brilliant combination.

Then property renovation, building, buying and selling shows. Can't go wrong there either.
You getting ideas for what to do on your Yacht GE?

So your perfect show would be about drunk renovators building and selling yachts, all while trying to find love and behaving badly
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: November 18, 2021, 5:54 pm
greeneyed wrote:The other reality shows of choice at the moment: Below Deck and Below Deck Med. For a long time have been wondering what on earth was happening. But absolutely hooked now. I had to binge all the previous series that I could. Travel, beautiful scenery, luxury boats, mixed with a whole lot of rich, often drunk people behaving badly, and poor crew, often drunk, behaving badly or trying to get it on. Brilliant combination.

You getting ideas for what to do on your Yacht GE?

So your perfect show would be about drunk renovators building and selling yachts, all while trying to find love and behaving badly
What a great show it would be!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Now for the Love Island Australia final!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

So that was the expected result. The US version of this show is a pale imitation, the narration being the big drawback, and the lack of irony. Americans are not good at self deprecation.
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

Just finished Season 1 of Yellowstone. I’m struggling to find the motivation to watch Season 2. I’m finding the death count a bit on the crazy side. The characters are pretty badly written, especially the daughter. Hoping it gets better
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021