Post by the bone » December 2, 2019, 2:29 pm

Awesome, thanks Nickman, I’ll give it a watch

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » December 3, 2019, 5:18 pm

Loved Broadchurch. Seen season 1 and 2, but not 3.
The Killing and The Fall are two others you’d like if you enjoyed Broadchurch. The Killing especially.
Haven’t seen The Bridge, but it’s on the list
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley

Post by Dr Zaius » December 3, 2019, 8:34 pm

greeneyed wrote:I've finished season three of The Crown. It's a great show, wonderfully filmed, produced and acted. The production values are amazing.

Of course, it is no Love Island Australia. If only we had two seasons of that a year!

I was a bit disappointed with this season of The Crown... in that it blatantly changed historical events for the purpose of what became a fictional story line. For example, they put things into Prince Charles' speech at his investiture as Prince of Wales... about Welsh sovereignty etc which he didn't actually say. That's on the historical record... why meddle with stuff that is so clearly on the public record, just to slant a story line in a fashion that might be more popular in 2019? It would have been more nuanced if they stuck to the actual public record... to the most likely version of history... rather than bash us over the head with the less nuanced version.

Same with young Charles and Camilla... they convoluted time lines and the most likely version of the facts just to make the two of them seem more sympathetic today, than they deserve.

Anyway, still enjoyable... but of course, no match for the drama of Love Island Australia.

I guess I'll have to watch Love Island UK now.
I've just finished it off. I've got to say that this really isn't the sort of TV that I usually go for, but I really love this series. It is so well done. The opening sequence in the second last episode epitomises the beautiful cinematography.

I get what you are saying about messing with time lines. They were obviously trying to conveye the similarities between David/Edward v Margaret v Charles. How history repeats itself and the crown doesn't learn.

All of the characters come off as very likeable. Even Princess Anne is tops.

RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

Sid
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid » December 3, 2019, 9:59 pm

Dr Zaius wrote:,
greeneyed wrote:I've finished season three of The Crown. It's a great show, wonderfully filmed, produced and acted. The production values are amazing.

Of course, it is no Love Island Australia. If only we had two seasons of that a year!

I was a bit disappointed with this season of The Crown... in that it blatantly changed historical events for the purpose of what became a fictional story line. For example, they put things into Prince Charles' speech at his investiture as Prince of Wales... about Welsh sovereignty etc which he didn't actually say. That's on the historical record... why meddle with stuff that is so clearly on the public record, just to slant a story line in a fashion that might be more popular in 2019? It would have been more nuanced if they stuck to the actual public record... to the most likely version of history... rather than bash us over the head with the less nuanced version.

Same with young Charles and Camilla... they convoluted time lines and the most likely version of the facts just to make the two of them seem more sympathetic today, than they deserve.

Anyway, still enjoyable... but of course, no match for the drama of Love Island Australia.

I've just finished it off. I've got to say that this really isn't the sort of TV that I usually go for, but I really love this series. It is so well done. The opening sequence in the second last episode epitomises the beautiful cinematography.

I get what you are saying about messing with time lines. They were obviously trying to conveye the similarities between David/Edward v Margaret v Charles. How history repeats itself and the crown doesn't learn.

I got about halfway through your 2nd paragraph before I realised you were referencing the crown and not love island
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » December 3, 2019, 10:41 pm

Sid wrote:
December 3, 2019, 9:59 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:,

I got about halfway through your 2nd paragraph before I realised you were referencing the crown and not love island
Me too. I know how much Dr Zaius loves Love lsland.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman » December 5, 2019, 11:18 am

Dr Zaius wrote:
December 3, 2019, 8:34 pm

Can't wait until they get to the season focusing on Prince Andrew!
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

the bone
Brett Mullins

Post by the bone » December 6, 2019, 9:25 am

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Loved Broadchurch. Seen season 1 and 2, but not 3.
The Killing and The Fall are two others you’d like if you enjoyed Broadchurch. The Killing especially.
The Killing is excellent (at least the first two seasons) - I second that recommendation

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » December 6, 2019, 1:22 pm

the bone wrote:
December 6, 2019, 9:25 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Loved Broadchurch. Seen season 1 and 2, but not 3.
The Killing is excellent (at least the first two seasons) - I second that recommendation

Yeah good call out. I would recommend anyone watching it to stop after season 2. Seasons 3 and 4 were not that good at all
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Sterlk
John Ferguson

Post by Sterlk » December 9, 2019, 8:32 pm

Anybody else watching "His Dark Materials"?

I'm a few episodes behind, but quite enjoying it.
:!: Warning: poster is incapable of humour, engage with at your own risk. Symptoms of engagement may include frustration, mental imbalance and temporary insanity.