The Politics Thread 2020

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: The Politics Thread 2020

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: November 1, 2020, 7:03 pm Fox News is beyond awful. Hateful old flogs.

But Palaszczuk captilised on Queenslanders suspicion of southerners. Her playing politics with the pandemic had a needless negative impact on thousands of people. It was gutter politics, and Queenslanders enabled her.
Changed a few words and found it describes the 2019 fed election perfectly:

“But Scomo capitalised on Queenslanders suspicion of the apocalypse due to transitioning away from coal. His playing politics with climate change had a needless negative impact on countless people. It was gutter politics, and Queenslanders enabled him.”
Up The Milk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: November 1, 2020, 7:03 pm Fox News is beyond awful. Hateful old flogs.

But Palaszczuk captilised on Queenslanders suspicion of southerners. Her playing politics with the pandemic had a needless negative impact on thousands of people. It was gutter politics, and Queenslanders enabled her.
While I totally agree it has to be said that gutter politics has become the norm these days.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Mickey_Raider wrote:

Changed a few words and found it describes the 2019 fed election perfectly:

“But Scomo capitalised on Queenslanders suspicion of the apocalypse due to transitioning away from coal. His playing politics with climate change had a needless negative impact on countless people. It was gutter politics, and Queenslanders enabled him.”
I'm no fan of Scomo, but this was next level. In response to the difficulties people were having accessing essential healthcare, including a premature twin dying, she literally said that "Queensland hospitals are for Queenslanders". Not only did the people of Queensland not call her out on this, they applauded her and rewarded her with another term with a swing in her favour. It's a new low in Australian politics. We're seeing in the US what clinging to partisanship does. People need to call out poor behaviour, regardless of what party they support. We should demand better from our politicians.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Ashby having a meltdown because the ABC didn't cover Pauline enough was pretty funny

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-TW- wrote:Ashby having a meltdown because the ABC didn't cover Pauline enough was pretty funny
I’m also concerned that the AFL Footy Show didn’t cover the Raiders enough.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:Nickman’s modelling career is certainly polarising
That “testicle slip” back in 08 really set it back a few years though
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

Sterlk wrote: November 1, 2020, 2:52 pm Huh, I never saw that - he's right:
https://thehornnews.com/expert-predicts ... 0-victory/ (May 2019)

What a difference 18mths makes.

Back to the polls, here's the national polling average a few days out from election day:
2020: Biden+8.6
2016: Clinton+3.9

Trump's 2016 win was within the realm of a margin of error, looks to be well outside that at the moment. If/when Biden wins and Trump leaves - willingly or not - I hope Trumpism goes with him, or is at least relegated to the fringes. There's a difference between your typical political weaseling on both sides and today's entire ecosystem of layered, bald-faced and repeated lies that get embraced down partisan lines. It's not good for them, nor for us by proxy.

I kid you not, “ending the Covid-19 pandemic” is on a list of Trump's first-term accomplishments. Regardless of when Trump goes, be it shortly or another four years from now, I hope and believe that his successor will not be able to reject reality with as much political success. I think the sheer scale with which he's been able to do this is a Trump-specific phenomenon that relies on a number of traits unlikely to show up in future presidential candidates.
The election is a lot closer than the 2PP polling indicates. Accounting for the natural left leaning bias in polls, in those swing states where the race is within 2% margin either way you would expect Trump to win those states, which would give him 255 in the electoral college. His problem is where he picks up the next 15 votes, as the margins in states like Pennsylvania and Michigan are holding more steady in Biden’s favour and the mountain looks too steep to climb with only two days left and most ballots already cast. His best chance is hoping the polls have erred badly in Pennsylvania or snagging a surprise state like Minnesota. It’s unlikely he will win and the betting markets reflect accurately in Biden’s favour.

As somewhat conservative I can probably explain the Trump phenomenon for you. Regardless of how bad, and how mean, and how orange he is, and how much he lies, the Democrats EDIT. America under the Democrats won’t even be America anymore, it will be some weird fusion hybrid of technocratic, jingoistic, neo communist BLM dictatorship. Biden is simply a trojan horse for the radical left, and the moderates will simply fall into line to preserve their wealth and status while totally dismantling the country inside out. There may well never be another free fair election in the united states, this one included.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

That last paragraph is... something special.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

gangrenous wrote: November 2, 2020, 5:02 pm That last paragraph is... something special.
Facebook, Twitter and the fake news media interfered in the election by suppressing information that potentially implicated Biden in a corruption scandal. They did this wilfully and deliberately and by doing so may have influenced the outcome of the election towards Biden. Had the public had known they may have formed a different view about the Presidential candidate and cast their vote differently, potentially tipping it towards the incumbent. On the basis can we honestly say this was a free and fair election? If not I wonder if there is any scope in the constitution to challenge the election result, and if there was I’d expect the Republicans to pursue it.

Maybe the great man shouldnt concede after all. :D
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

And this is based on what evidence exactly? Did you get it straight from the mouth of Q?

Or... do you think the election might instead be decided because the guy is a lying racist sexist whose inaction has meant the deaths of thousands of his citizens?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

C'mon Gangers, we need more leaders like trump, not less.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha those clips are all fantastic Gerg

And I have no idea what Rayden is smoking but I... errrr, I don’t want any
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

gangrenous wrote: November 2, 2020, 5:37 pm And this is based on what evidence exactly? Did you get it straight from the mouth of Q?

Or... do you think the election might instead be decided because the guy is a lying racist sexist whose inaction has meant the deaths of thousands of his citizens?
You wouldn’t know about the scandal because Facebook, Twitter and the fake news media have actively worked to suppress it. If you go to foxnews.com and type ‘Bobulinski’ it generates over 800 results, if you do the same on CNN or MSNBC there are zero results. It’s just a blatant cover up, and worse amounts to a rigged election.

Also the whole “lying racist sexist” aren’t logical arguments, they are petty slurs, that mean nothing and persuade no one.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

The Nickman wrote: November 2, 2020, 6:19 pm Hahaha those clips are all fantastic Gerg

If last year I said “ in 2020 the democrats are gonna try to defund police, and there’s gonna be riots and looting everywhere, and it’s gonna go on for months and months, and crime rates are gonna skyrocket, and they’re gonna whip up a fake systemtic racism narrative to make the election a referendum on race, and the democrats are gonna try to pack the court and kill the filibuster, and the whole russia investigation will be proven to be a farce” you would’ve said “and I have no idea what Rayden is smoking but I... errrr, I don’t want any”
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

rayden83 wrote: November 2, 2020, 6:28 pm
gangrenous wrote: November 2, 2020, 5:37 pm And this is based on what evidence exactly? Did you get it straight from the mouth of Q?

You wouldn’t know about the scandal because Facebook, Twitter and the fake news media have actively worked to suppress it. If you go to foxnews.com and type ‘Bobulinski’ it generates over 800 results, if you do the same on CNN or MSNBC there are zero results. It’s just a blatant cover up, and worse amounts to a rigged election.

Also the whole “lying racist sexist” aren’t logical arguments, they are petty slurs, that mean nothing and persuade no one.
Good grief what has Rupert Murdoch done to you man?

How is being a liar; being a racist; and being a sexist of no persuasion when you are the leader of a racially divided nation and lying to your citizens about a lethal pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people? It is literally life or death stuff.

You are probably the kind of person nodding along in agreement when Trump says that Covid-19 has been defeated as cases peak in real time :lol:

The tragedy and absurdity of the Post-Truth era is shining brightly in you mate.
Up The Milk
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

This... feels like I'm reading Trump's Twitter feed.

When you get to the point where a US President president throws the intelligence from his intelligence apparatus into the trash and sides with a foreign power, and deduce from that the real scandal is Hilary Clinton's emails from years ago... you have entered the realm of alternate truth and distorted reality from which there is little hope of return.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Mickey_Raider wrote: November 2, 2020, 7:49 pm

Good grief what has Rupert Murdoch done to you man?

How is being a liar; being a racist; and being a sexist of no persuasion when you are the leader of a racially divided nation and lying to your citizens about a lethal pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people? It is literally life or death stuff.

You are probably the kind of person nodding along in agreement when Trump says that Covid-19 has been defeated as cases peak in real time :lol:

The tragedy and absurdity of the Post-Truth era is shining brightly in you mate.
Well, cos Trump isn’t racist or sexist, they are just slurs to denigrate the man to make him unappealing to blacks, latinos and women, because the black, latino and woman vote is exceptionally important to Democrat electoral success especially in swing states. I have never seen or heard Trump say anything that categorically irrefutably makes him as racist or sexist. Sure he’s said objectionable things (haven’t we all?) but in order to charge someone with the most egregious character defect of all, ‘racist’ I would need to see a pattern of denigration, marginalisation, abuse and/or prejudice, rather than just a few off colour remarks. Anyway that’s just me, I understand for others the mere crime of having white skin or thinking that “all lives matter” qualifies one as a white supremacist, so it’s really horses for courses. I think also you have to weigh up all the evidence, the fact that he’s employed thousands of blacks into his businesses and administration, released thousands from prison, achieve substantive criminal justice reform, achieved the lowest black unemployment rate in history, condemned white supremacists and racism over 38 times, achieved the highest approval rating among blacks and has a long list of black people who know him well publicly defend him, tips the scales heavily in his favour that he is not a bona fide racist, not more than Joe Biden who also has a history of off colour and objectionable remarks (super predators anyone?). I know none of this will convince you of anything other than he is a horrible bad man.

As for Coronavirus, cases aren’t peaking, detection rates are, due to one of the most extensive testing regimes in the world that he initiated. The important stat isn’t cases, it’s the death rate which is around 1/3 of what they were in mid April during the peak. The American death rate per capita is around the same as countries like Spain, UK, Italy, Brazil, France, Belgium, who’ve all gone through extensive lock downs and now seeing massive resurgence of the virus. Pinning 200k+ deaths on Trump from a pandemic that has wreaked havoc on every major economy and killed millions is just opportunistic grubby low brow politics but admittedly its worked and the Trump administration has been very poor in defending their actions, even though the actions they took were entirely appropriate.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Re: The Politics Thread 202

Post by rayden83 »

Sterlk wrote: November 2, 2020, 8:55 pm This... feels like I'm reading Trump's Twitter feed.

When you get to the point where a US President president throws the intelligence from his intelligence apparatus into the trash and sides with a foreign power, and deduce from that the real scandal is Hilary Clinton's emails from years ago... you have entered the realm of alternate truth and distorted reality from which there is little hope of return.
But he didnt side with a foreign power, the investigation found there was no evidence of collusion. I’ll repeat, no evidence of collusion. The real scandal was how the Russian collusion hoax, for which there was no evidence, came to dominate the political consciousness for three years and cost taxpayers $32 million USD, despite no evidence.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Sterlk wrote: November 2, 2020, 9:28 pm Sides with foreign power:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/16/poli ... index.html
Oh that? A raw nothinburger mate.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

If I tried to raise all the issues with Trump, all the times he's misused his office, we'd be here all night. I don't really want to have this discussion that will inevitably go nowhere, so rather I'll dip out and leave you to consider that conservative media is not as rooted in reality as you might like to think it is.

For instance:
“We serve different masters. We work for different reporting chains, we have different rules. They don’t really have rules on the opinion side. They can say whatever they want.”
- Shepard Smith, Fox News anchor
A lot of conservative media is based on the Fox News model. If you're forming a worldview around content that is not based in fact and is just a bunch of people 'saying whatever they want' - you're getting closer than you might want to being the type of person that theorises about the little green men in Area 51.

I don't say this to dump on conservatives, there's places on the left that have similar issues - BUT, the 'mainstream media' is not 'the left'. The fringes are extreme, the centre are not the pawns of the 'other side'.

Stay away from the bottom left or right, aim for the top centre:

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You seriously linked us to Fox News as "evidence" for Trump? Come on man, try harder!

And fantastic graphic by Sterlk, that really highlights the difference in news services.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

rayden83 wrote: November 2, 2020, 6:35 pm
The Nickman wrote: November 2, 2020, 6:19 pm Hahaha those clips are all fantastic Gerg

If last year I said “ in 2020 the democrats are gonna try to defund police, and there’s gonna be riots and looting everywhere, and it’s gonna go on for months and months, and crime rates are gonna skyrocket, and they’re gonna whip up a fake systemtic racism narrative to make the election a referendum on race, and the democrats are gonna try to pack the court and kill the filibuster, and the whole russia investigation will be proven to be a farce” you would’ve said “and I have no idea what Rayden is smoking but I... errrr, I don’t want any”
Don’t talk of fake media then post that nonsense, even the Republican led senate report concluded that Russia was trying to help Trump win, that Trumps team was aware of Russia helping them, that they were in regular communication via encrypted messenger service. Instead of listening to media propaganda try reading the actual reports from the senate intelligence committee and the Mueller report.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Re: The Politics Thread 202

Post by Manbush »

rayden83 wrote: November 2, 2020, 9:20 pm
Sterlk wrote: November 2, 2020, 8:55 pm This... feels like I'm reading Trump's Twitter feed.

But he didnt side with a foreign power, the investigation found there was no evidence of collusion. I’ll repeat, no evidence of collusion. The real scandal was how the Russian collusion hoax, for which there was no evidence, came to dominate the political consciousness for three years and cost taxpayers $32 million USD, despite no evidence.
You do know the difference between “no evidence” and “insufficient evidence” because Mueller has stated his report disagrees with your assessment.

As for the cost, the investigation actually turned a profit.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

rayden83 wrote: November 2, 2020, 3:25 pm

As somewhat conservative I can probably explain the Trump phenomenon for you. Regardless of how bad, and how mean, and how orange he is, and how much he lies, the Democrats EDIT. America under the Democrats won’t even be America anymore, it will be some weird fusion hybrid of technocratic, jingoistic, neo communist BLM dictatorship. Biden is simply a trojan horse for the radical left, and the moderates will simply fall into line to preserve their wealth and status while totally dismantling the country inside out. There may well never be another free fair election in the united states, this one included.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I thought in Australia we were somewhat inoculated from the most exaggerated lunatic element of the Murdochcracy which I perceived to be reserved for the evangelical rural dwellers in the USA.

Rayden demonstrates that I was sadly mistaken.
Up The Milk
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

The Nickman wrote: November 3, 2020, 8:24 am And fantastic graphic by Sterlk, that really highlights the difference in news services.
I think those graphics are great. One of the best things you can do as a consumer of the news, is to educate yourself as to the biases and credibility of the publisher. You can see through the partisanship and sometimes tenuous grasp on the truth when you know their game plan going in.

Fox News is literally touching the line of publishers grouped into "Serious reliability issues and/or extremism", closer to Infowars than anything reputable like Reuters, Axios, etc.

Stay away from Fox News. Similarly but to a slightly lesser extent, be wary of MSNBC. In Australia, you want ABC News or SMH, Sky and The Guardian are out there on the edges.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I don’t read SMH as much these days, but I’d be suspicious that the acquisition by 9 has meant its journeying to the right. Not sure if there are any regular readers who can speak to whether that’s the case of not.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Re: The Politics Threadi

Post by rayden83 »

Sterlk wrote: November 2, 2020, 10:19 pm If I tried to raise all the issues with Trump, all the times he's misused his office, we'd be here all night. I don't really want to have this discussion that will inevitably go nowhere, so rather I'll dip out and leave you to consider that conservative media is not as rooted in reality as you might like to think it is.

For instance:
“We serve different masters. We work for different reporting chains, we have different rules. They don’t really have rules on the opinion side. They can say whatever they want.”
- Shepard Smith, Fox News anchor
A lot of conservative media is based on the Fox News model. If you're forming a worldview around content that is not based in fact and is just a bunch of people 'saying whatever they want' - you're getting closer than you might want to being the type of person that theorises about the little green men in Area 51.

I don't say this to dump on conservatives, there's places on the left that have similar issues - BUT, the 'mainstream media' is not 'the left'. The fringes are extreme, the centre are not the pawns of the 'other side'.

Stay away from the bottom left or right, aim for the top centre:

It’s amazing that you can post those charts and maintain a straight face, as if they are factual and objective depictions of the state of the media. Who actually writes these, and what are their political inclinations, and have you considered that this is just biased claptrap written by progressives to make it seem like their news sources are more factual than and less partisan than conservatives?

The Guardian ‘leans left’? What a crock. Search ‘Donald Trump’ and ‘fascism’ and there’s an endless list of articles comparing him to Hitler and his administration to the third reich. CNN ‘skews left’ while Fox News is ‘HYPER PARTISAN RIGHT’? ****! CNN has been a 24/7 wall of hate, misinformation, lies, bias and sensationalism for the last four years. It isn’t even a news network, just a feral tabloid whose sole purpose is to destroy Trump.

You need to stop being so gullible and believing everything you see and read because it has a nice logo and flashy infographic. The mainstream media, at least in the US, is generally extremely partisan and biased. Fox News obviously roots for Trump, however it is the only mainstream news network in the USA that consistently writes positive content about his Presidency, providing some relief from the incessant anti Trump doom and gloom hate machine the other networks employ.

They even had a black woman on Q and A the other night , telling the panel she thought Trump was worse than Hitler and she feared for her life, and she was sincere. Where do you think she formed that worldview from? The fringes? No, this kind of extreme rhetoric has bled into the mainstream and has become normalised because journalists and politicians have allowed it to. There was a weak rebuke from the other panelists, and its shocking that the ABC would allow such a nutty, borderline psychotic comment in the first place. But that’s the ABC, adhering to its charter to cover all political perspectives, except for conservatism.

There is no such thing as bias free media and news, even those that purport to be in the centre have to be viewed with extreme suspicion. Journalists are people, people are biased, even when they try really really hard to be unbiased, the brain is a cunning bugger and will fool people into thinking they have conquered those unconscious forces pulling them in this or that direction. There are commercial interests as well, the media feeds on fear , hate and division and projects that onto the President.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Quality banter Rayden, credit to you. :lol:

In all seriousness though, there have been some real characters in American politics over the years but Trump clearly takes the cake as the biggest **** of them all. Scarily this idiot has the nuclear codes at his fingertips, but thankfully the eyes of the world are sharply focussed on his antics.

Couldn't be bothered explaining why he's such a threat to global security and the welfare of your average American. Everyone other than Rayden have done a good job of that already.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

rayden83 wrote:people are biased, even when they try really really hard to be unbiased, the brain is a cunning bugger and will fool people into thinking they have conquered those unconscious forces pulling them in this or that direction.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Seiffert82 wrote: November 3, 2020, 6:27 pm Quality banter Rayden, credit to you. :lol:

In all seriousness though, there have been some real characters in American politics over the years but Trump clearly takes the cake as the biggest **** of them all. Scarily this idiot has the nuclear codes at his fingertips, but thankfully the eyes of the world are sharply focussed on his antics.

Couldn't be bothered explaining why he's such a threat to global security and the welfare of your average American. Everyone other than Rayden have done a good job of that already.
Yeah the armchair experts on here have really nailed foreign policy. :roll:

The biggest threat to America is Biden is mistaking the nuclear button for the nurse button. He is worse than gaffe machine, he’s in the early stages of dementia, he will be lucky to see out a term.

What happened to all the doomsday predictions about Trump starting a nuclear war and ending the world? Instead he defeated Isis, withdrawn the military from the ME, tempered hostilities with NK, and negotiated several peace deals between Israel and Islamic countries. Can you imagine of Obama achieved any of this? He would be hailed as a saint, awarded Time person of the year and bombarded with Nobel Peace prizes. It’s a different standard for Democrats and Republicans.

The left cannot bring themselves to admit anything good or successful about Trump and his administration. He is a bad man and everything he does and says is bad. And if the does something good they’ll credit Obama for it. It’s both hilarious and sad at the same time. They don’t have any rational arguments against Trump so they resort to fake Russian scandals
or calling him names like racist and nazi, or sending out their lemmings in antifa to whip up racial hysteria.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

If you looked a little closer you might have seen that some outlets have their various facets placed in different segments. "The Guardian Opinion" is actually mixed quality partisan left (and I doubt you'd disagree with that). The main news section of the Guardian is mixed quality leans left.

Likewise, ABC is broken down into a bunch as well. ABC News is top centre, Q&A is not. Similarly, Sky News itself is mixed quality leans right, but their opinion programming is where it goes sideways.

Anyway, I think I've had enough, I don't feel as though this is worthwhile anymore (if it ever was). I anticipate that the vast majority of people observing this thread would agree, that if anybody could offer a reasonable assessment of the biases of media, it's not the guy recommending that others go search for "Bobulinski" on Fox News.

Good day, sir.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

rayden83 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: November 3, 2020, 6:27 pm Quality banter Rayden, credit to you. Image

Yeah the armchair experts on here have really nailed foreign policy. :roll:

The biggest threat to America is Biden is mistaking the nuclear button for the nurse button. He is worse than gaffe machine, he’s in the early stages of dementia, he will be lucky to see out a term.

What happened to all the doomsday predictions about Trump starting a nuclear war and ending the world? Instead he defeated Isis, withdrawn the military from the ME, tempered hostilities with NK, and negotiated several peace deals between Israel and Islamic countries. Can you imagine of Obama achieved any of this? He would be hailed as a saint, awarded Time person of the year and bombarded with Nobel Peace prizes. It’s a different standard for Democrats and Republicans.

The left cannot bring themselves to admit anything good or successful about Trump and his administration. He is a bad man and everything he does and says is bad. And if the does something good they’ll credit Obama for it. It’s both hilarious and sad at the same time. They don’t have any rational arguments against Trump so they resort to fake Russian scandals
or calling him names like racist and nazi, or sending out their lemmings in antifa to whip up racial hysteria.
He did cure Covid too. Possibly his greatest achievement.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Sterlk wrote: November 3, 2020, 7:52 pm If you looked a little closer you might have seen that some outlets have their various facets placed in different segments. "The Guardian Opinion" is actually mixed quality partisan left (and I doubt you'd disagree with that). The main news section of the Guardian is mixed quality leans left.

Likewise, ABC is broken down into a bunch as well. ABC News is top centre, Q&A is not. Similarly, Sky News itself is mixed quality leans right, but their opinion programming is where it goes sideways.

Anyway, I think I've had enough, I don't feel as though this is worthwhile anymore (if it ever was). I anticipate that the vast majority of people observing this thread would agree, that if anybody could offer a reasonable assessment of the biases of media, it's not the guy recommending that others go search for "Bobulinski" on Fox News.

Good day, sir.
Ah ok, lets do a little experiment shall we. Front page of the Guardian (AU)

‘Tensions high as Donald Trump baselessly raises concerns about vote ‘cheating’ and violence ahead of election day’

‘Kevin Rudd petition seeking royal commission into Murdoch media nears 500,000 signatures‘

‘Trump’s consequence-free presidency turned politics into a game. There are lessons for Australia‘

‘Lady Gaga attacks Trump's 'grab' remarks at Joe Biden rally’

‘John Oliver: Trump's pandemic leadership has been 'borderline sociopathic'’

‘Feeling powerless? How foreigners can survive the US election without complete nervous collapse’

‘It’s not up to him’: how media outlets plan to sidestep any Trump ‘victory’ news’

This isn’t LEAN left, this is hard partisan left. Left leaning would be a mix of mostly left and some right. There is no right here, just left, therefore partisan left.

Why would you dismiss Bobulinski so quickly? Do you think that if he had dirt on Trump close to the election that the media would sweep it under the rug like it did? Of course not, it would be the lead story on every major news feed. That is because they want Biden to win and are prepared to suppress news that is damaging to his credibility. There is no finer example of leftist media bias than Bobulinski. You should confront it rather than burying it in excuses.