Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Coronavirus

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Ross Noble just said Australia is going through the Spice Girls dilemma when it comes to Corona.

Just as we’re looking successful, Victoria goes and ruins it for the group

Call of the year haha
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dr Zaius »

Accurate

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sick Victorian woman travelled by XPT train to Sydney while waiting for COVID test results: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/coron ... affdc6c3e0

New claims guards in Victorian quarantine hotels were 'spreading' virus: https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 30d13c1609

Hard to believe...
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The hotel quarantining in Melbourne has proven to be a complete fiasco
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Victoria is a complete fiasco

How does every other state seemingly have it under control but they have exponential growth...

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:Sick Victorian woman travelled by XPT train to Sydney while waiting for COVID test results: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/coron ... affdc6c3e0

New claims guards in Victorian quarantine hotels were 'spreading' virus: https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 30d13c1609

Hard to believe...
Why have they not shut the border. This is madness
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Should have built a wall around Victoria years ago
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

And made them pay for it!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Yes. And made them pay for it.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

To be fair, how many international arrivals have the ACT, TAS, etc. had to place in hotel quarantine?

I expect it's mostly VIC and NSW dealing with all that, and NSW obviously has done it better than VIC, though it's probably a bit of an oversimplification to go 'we're all awesome except for those losers in VIC'.

We might as well claim a great success for never having had a nuclear meltdown in the ACT. It's not because we're experts at nuclear power over here, it's because we don't have nuclear power plants at all.

It's a shambles in VIC, absolutely, though if anybody can cast stones it's probably NSW. When the rest of us pile on, it feels a tad disingenuous since we haven't had to deal with the same thing... even if we probably would have done it better.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sterlk wrote: July 3, 2020, 5:39 pm To be fair, how many international arrivals have the ACT, TAS, etc. had to place in hotel quarantine?

I expect it's mostly VIC and NSW dealing with all that, and NSW obviously has done it better than VIC, though it's probably a bit of an oversimplification to go 'we're all awesome except for those losers in VIC'.

We might as well claim a great success for never having had a nuclear meltdown in the ACT. It's not because we're experts at nuclear power over here, it's because we don't have nuclear power plants at all.

It's a shambles in VIC, absolutely, though if anybody can cast stones it's probably NSW. When the rest of us pile on, it feels a tad disingenuous since we haven't had to deal with the same thing... even if we probably would have done it better.
We have had two plane loads arrive and in quarantine in Canberra. It is true, not a lot. But what's happened in Victoria is clearly a debacle.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: July 3, 2020, 11:47 pm
Sterlk wrote: July 3, 2020, 5:39 pm To be fair, how many international arrivals have the ACT, TAS, etc. had to place in hotel quarantine?

We have had two plane loads arrive and in quarantine in Canberra. It is true, not a lot. But what's happened in Victoria is clearly a debacle.
NSW had the Ruby Princess debacle to use as a guide to what slack procedures can produce. They have, I understand, used both police and military assets to ensure tighter security at hotels than the Victorian approach which was to hire a contractor/s who hired subcontractors. Using footy terminology they didn't focus on the one percenters and are paying the price as the game gets away from them. Hopefully the lessons are now learned and once the cluster is contained they can bring the numbers back down. I for one, hope they can.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Bang on there Red. You are only as strong as your weakest link and worldwide weakest links are being exposed.

Singapore found that out when they had outbreaks in their migrant worker dorms.

There are a lot of people that need to be held to account in Victoria. The security guards who rumour has it were extraordinary irresponsible, the dodgy security company management, right up to the government officials whose decision it was to put one of our most important tasks in the hands of rentacops rather than police or ADF.

These actions will probably cost lives, have certainly cost livliehoods and millions to the economy.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

**** off
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

#pumpit louder.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

#deathbycoronalivesmatter.
This place is woke.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

108 cases in Victoria today. 9 housing commission towers completely locked down.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Gosh I’d like to know how they came to the decision to look the these housing commission towers down. For mine it’s not a good look towards some of society’s most vulnerable
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Meanwhile I’m sure you have plenty of well off Melbournians traveling all across the state for school holidays. The whole thing is deeply saddening
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 4, 2020, 6:48 pm 108 cases in Victoria today. 9 housing commission towers completely locked down.
Good they can enjoy having their dole doubled and ice delivered free of charge....Scomo you **** idiot.
This place is woke.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Toviii wrote:Gosh I’d like to know how they came to the decision to look the these housing commission towers down. For mine it’s not a good look towards some of society’s most vulnerable
Presumably clustered there. A land based cruise ship. Not great, but I'm sure not a decision that they made lightly
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Victorian border is closed.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Early pictures coming out from Wodonga of local residents trying to get to Albury

Wodonga council trying to coax residents back with nightly Who concerts
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

See ya later Victoria! Good luck with that!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

ABC radio reported that NSW police to enforce the border shut down so that Victorian Police can be used to enforce cluster lock downs.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Heart goes out to Victoria. I'd hate to be there right now. I think that they are heading for a lock down, at least in Melbourne. The sooner, the shorter the lockdown. Rip the band aid off.

I'm relieved that the borders will close though.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Just got off the plane at Sydney Airport and was sucked into a mob getting off a Melbourne flight. Im probably going to die.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:Just got off the plane at Sydney Airport and was sucked into a mob getting off a Melbourne flight. Im probably going to die.

You'll be right. Only a problem if they breathe out, not suck in
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, you ARE a medical professional

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:Well, you ARE a medical professional

It was a tough 6 months at Hollywood Upstairs Medical School
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dr Zaius wrote:
T_R wrote:Well, you ARE a medical professional

It was a tough 6 months at Hollywood Upstairs Medical School
Motto: We don't mark the roll!

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

191 cases in Victoria today. Waiting for the inevitable lock down of greater Melbourne.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 7, 2020, 1:07 pm 191 cases in Victoria today. Waiting for the inevitable lock down of greater Melbourne.
Looks like it's about to happen. Gives us time to build the wall.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Melb now in a 6 week lockdown

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Poor baatards.