Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: June 11, 2021, 9:33 pm
Northern Raider wrote: June 11, 2021, 9:19 pm
greeneyed wrote: June 11, 2021, 8:26 pm
Dr Zaius wrote: June 11, 2021, 8:17 pm
greeneyed wrote:
When I’m being told that the only vaccine I can have is AstraZeneca, it’s a fair question to ask why it doesn’t have approval in the USA? It’s not quite as simple as, they haven’t submitted the application yet: https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... ca-vaccine

https://www.wsj.com/articles/astrazenec ... 1619721317

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/astraz ... 021-05-07/

I want to be vaccinated, but I want to know the vaccine is safe. And you yourself told us that we should wait for the safe vaccine just a few days ago: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1797341
I know what I said, and I stand by it. There are safer options, they should and will be made available. But in the interim, there is AZ, and which has low, but real risks. Everyone's risk tolerance is different. I'm not disagreeing with you, so don't get so defensive. I'm simply pointing out that you need to be careful in the way you drop in half truths, because that is how misinformation is spread. AZ has not been approved for use in the US as they have not submitted an application. The reason for that I believe, but may be wrong, is that the US insist on data from US trials, and most AZ trials were off shore, and there has been difficulty pulling the data together. They way you have dropped in the little tidbit that it has not been approved in the US implies that it was rejected as it was unsafe. This is incorrect, and shares similarities with
how antivaxxers spread misinformation.
I've never said it was rejected and don't believe I've said anything that is incorrect, nor have I ever aimed to spread misinformation.
greeneyed wrote: June 5, 2021, 11:02 pmMeanwhile, the USA is refusing to allow its use in their own country... but they’re giving their stocks of AstraZeneca to poor countries... If it’s not good enough for the citizens of the USA I’m certainly not taking it.
If you look at the stories I’ve quoted, I’ve not said anything incorrect there either. Have a read of the mainstream media stories.
Doc Zaius has explained it clearly enough. They are not refusing to allow its use. AZ have not applied for approval in order to be refused.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

If it was unsafe it wouldn't be used, simple as that

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think there is more complexity than that in what’s happening in the USA... if you read the mainstream media reports. I understand others might not see it that way.

As to the rulings of the TGA about the safety of vaccines, they told us AstraZeneca was perfectly safe for everyone. Now they’ve changed their mind after people started dying. I can’t say I’m confident they’re not going to change their mind again. As authorities have in other countries.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

All this talk about lots of doses of AZ available is not true in some parts of Country NSW. We are booked for our Covid jab and first they said early June, then late June, now July. The reason we are given is lack of AZ availability at the Medical Centre.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:I think there is more complexity than that in what’s happening in the USA... if you read the mainstream media reports. I understand others might not see it that way.

As to the rulings of the TGA about the safety of vaccines, they told us AstraZeneca was perfectly safe for everyone. Now they’ve changed their mind after people started dying. I can’t say I’m confident they’re not going to change their mind again. As authorities have in other countries.
That's how science works, advice is updated as new information come to hand. There was always the possibility of rare severe adverse events. 2.2 billion covid vaccines have been administered world wide, and a fair proportion will be AZ. I'm not sure that there will be too many more surprises.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

RedRaider wrote:All this talk about lots of doses of AZ available is not true in some parts of Country NSW. We are booked for our Covid jab and first they said early June, then late June, now July. The reason we are given is lack of AZ availability at the Medical Centre.
That's on the Feds and their appalling roll out plan
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Dr Zaius wrote: June 13, 2021, 4:47 pm
RedRaider wrote:All this talk about lots of doses of AZ available is not true in some parts of Country NSW. We are booked for our Covid jab and first they said early June, then late June, now July. The reason we are given is lack of AZ availability at the Medical Centre.
That's on the Feds and their appalling roll out plan
That may well be right Dr Z. There have been news reports that more doses are going to Victoria due to their latest Covid outbreaks. If that is the case, then I have no problem with protecting people at the greatest risk. It is frustrating for people trying to follow the medical advice though.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Some news on Novavax overnight. We are supposed to have 50 million doses on order, with delivery starting at the back end of the year.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron ... b39a1d94fc
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dr Zaius wrote: June 15, 2021, 8:21 am Some news on Novavax overnight. We are supposed to have 50 million doses on order, with delivery starting at the back end of the year.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron ... b39a1d94fc
With the number of vaccines on order it appears the plan is to have enough of each to cover the entire population for 2 doses. As the Moderna and Novavax come available we should have 4 different options by this time next year. There should be plenty of data on efficacy and safety of each by that stage too. I'm assuming COVID vax will need to be an annual jab at least in the foreseeable future.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I’m getting my first shot of 5G today sometime... pray for Mojo
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:I’m getting my first shot of 5G today sometime... pray for Mojo
first appt I could get was 6 weeks away, I'll pray for you till then

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: June 15, 2021, 12:16 pm
The Nickman wrote:I’m getting my first shot of 5G today sometime... pray for Mojo
first appt I could get was 6 weeks away, I'll pray for you till then

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I don't even have an appointment, I'm just showing up.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

You’ll be fine Nickman.

Just flash those baby blues..straight in.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Coronavirus

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote:You’ll be fine Nickman.

Just flash those baby blues..straight in.
Was a bit of a lineup in the end. In total took about an hour and a half to queue up, get the vax, wait the mandatory 15mins and then drive home through my local bottle o and pick up a carton
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

How's the 5G reception?

Mines been exceptional since my first dose

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Not great, and my arm is real sore today too. They said that would be a symptom of my first jab, but I didn’t really believe them, as I never get a sore arm from the flu shot.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Also, I feel a bit rubbish, but not sure if that’s from the couple of beers and half a bottle of red I had last night to break a 30-hour fast.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I had my first Pfizer on Sunday and yep arm was pretty sore. Haven't noticed any change in internet coverage though. Very disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gergreg wrote:I had my first Pfizer on Sunday and yep arm was pretty sore. Haven't noticed any change in internet coverage though. Very disappointed.

It's really quite dependent on your local area and whether they have enough 5G towers or 6
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dr Zaius wrote: June 16, 2021, 7:39 am
gergreg wrote:I had my first Pfizer on Sunday and yep arm was pretty sore. Haven't noticed any change in internet coverage though. Very disappointed.

It's really quite dependent on your local area and whether they have enough 5G towers or 6
I was under the impression the COVID jab turned us into 5G transmitters. Creating an organic network. Also a cost saving measure so they didn't have to build towers.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Have you tried turning yourself off and on again?

Sometimes takes a reboot for the update to take effect.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: June 16, 2021, 8:11 am

Have you tried turning yourself off and on again?

Sometimes takes a reboot for the update to take effect.
If he turns himself off then he wouldn't be able to turn himself back on again. You really should think these things through before offering technical advice. :roll:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Do we need to talk about turning Nickman on ?

He’s married.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Northern Raider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: June 16, 2021, 7:39 am

I was under the impression the COVID jab turned us into 5G transmitters. Creating an organic network. Also a cost saving measure so they didn't have to build towers.
A common misconception. We are more amplifiers than transmitters. Recieve the signal, then boost. Still need some towers, just less. Hence the term Booster Shot.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-PJ- wrote: June 16, 2021, 2:31 pm Do we need to talk about turning Nickman on ?

He’s married.
It's actually quite easy to do. Give him a few beers and show him a picture of Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad. Married or not he'll be horny as a rhinoceros hunter's trophy room.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I was going to make a hunting joke but I stuffed it.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

AZ set to be limited to over 60s

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7301224/

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-TW- wrote:AZ set to be limited to over 60s

Argh I just had my Astra Zeneca
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BJ wrote: June 17, 2021, 1:03 pm
-TW- wrote:AZ set to be limited to over 60s

Argh I just had my Astra Zeneca
Hahaha you're **** then. Was nice knowing you, BJ!!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Already had 1st AZ vax so assume this restriction doesn't apply to the 2nd.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: June 17, 2021, 1:14 pm Already had 1st AZ vax so assume this restriction doesn't apply to the 2nd.
Thanks dubs.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Northern Raider wrote:Already had 1st AZ vax so assume this restriction doesn't apply to the 2nd.
No, no it does not

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: June 17, 2021, 1:24 pm
Northern Raider wrote: June 17, 2021, 1:14 pm Already had 1st AZ vax so assume this restriction doesn't apply to the 2nd.
Thanks dubs.
I know somebody dubby'd
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

So, on the bus on the way home after taking the arvo off for the AZ shot n the medical centre rings me n cancels cause I’m 52. Go to Garran surge centre for Pfizer she advises.

Rock up at Garran n they say nope you have to ring n make an appointment. Try n make an appointment, after 15 minutes on hold, nope you’re over 50 so we don’t know how we’re handling that at the moment so we’ll have to let you know in a few days.

Such a pain that you can’t just join a line n wait like you can in other jurisdictions. We know people working at Garran and they’ve been throwing out out-of-date Pfizers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Brewdle wrote: June 17, 2021, 4:14 pm So, on the bus on the way home after taking the arvo off for the AZ shot n the medical centre rings me n cancels cause I’m 52. Go to Garran surge centre for Pfizer she advises.

Rock up at Garran n they say nope you have to ring n make an appointment. Try n make an appointment, after 15 minutes on hold, nope you’re over 50 so we don’t know how we’re handling that at the moment so we’ll have to let you know in a few days.

Such a pain that you can’t just join a line n wait like you can in other jurisdictions. We know people working at Garran and they’ve been throwing out out-of-date Pfizers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, in Rocky I just lobbed up without an appointment. Joined a queue and an hour and fifteen minutes later I was heading home, 5G installed!