Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: Coronavirus

Post by irvste »

I have one and only one issue with the vaccine which I will take.. Its that I get it earlier than my better half cause I'm older damn the being older did they really have to point that out

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote:
-TW- wrote:
gergreg wrote:But Doc, Karen on Facebook is demanding to see the actual data from these tests and nobody has been able to provide it. Karen has the expertise that these scientists, who have been in their respective fields for decades, clearly don't. I think we should side with Karen on this one.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
"i want to see the long term side effects before I decide whether I want to take it"

Well you can die from the virus, and probably won't die from the side effects..

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Must take these same people forever to do anything else in their lives. For example eating out, you've got to interegate the waiter about every single ingredient in the menu, where it's come from - particularly with preservatives. Imagine grocery shopping and having to look through the list of ingredients?

Luckily none of these people who don’t trust the vaccine ever smoke, drink alcohol or eat McDonalds. Their body is a temple, they trust everything they put into it.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
gergreg wrote:
-TW- wrote:
gergreg wrote:But Doc, Karen on Facebook is demanding to see the actual data from these tests and nobody has been able to provide it. Karen has the expertise that these scientists, who have been in their respective fields for decades, clearly don't. I think we should side with Karen on this one.

"i want to see the long term side effects before I decide whether I want to take it"

Well you can die from the virus, and probably won't die from the side effects..

Must take these same people forever to do anything else in their lives. For example eating out, you've got to interegate the waiter about every single ingredient in the menu, where it's come from - particularly with preservatives. Imagine grocery shopping and having to look through the list of ingredients?

Luckily none of these people who don’t trust the vaccine ever smoke, drink alcohol or eat McDonalds. Their body is a temple, they trust everything they put into it.
Big scary ingredient names that I don't understand = bad
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

*sucking down the tenth Winnie Red for the day*

*No way I’d let them inject poisonous chemicals into me”

*coughs uncontrollably*
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

The Nickman wrote: March 7, 2021, 10:34 am *sucking down the tenth Winnie Red for the day*

*coughs uncontrollably*
While eating a pepperoni pizza... does anyone actually know what’s in salami?!?!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Coastalraider wrote:
The Nickman wrote: March 7, 2021, 10:34 am *sucking down the tenth Winnie Red for the day*

*coughs uncontrollably*
While eating a pepperoni pizza... does anyone actually know what’s in salami?!?!
100% animal
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Dr Zaius wrote: March 7, 2021, 6:04 pm
Coastalraider wrote:

*coughs uncontrollably*
100% animal
But what sort, and what part? Hooves and cartilage?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Coastalraider wrote: March 7, 2021, 6:05 pm
Coastalraider wrote:

*coughs uncontrollably*
100% animal
Dogs don't have hooves
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I'd like to step in here and speak up in defence of salami
If you have a problem with salami, then come get some, i've at least 5 inches, and nearing on 6 on a good day ready for you if you got a problem
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

*King Gutho has joined the chat*
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote: March 7, 2021, 7:42 pm *King Gutho has joined the chat*
:lol: :lol: :lol:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Guthos more a footlong with meatballs kinda guy

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Coastalraider wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:

*coughs uncontrollably*
100% animal
Yes. 100% animal. 100% of the animal.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

PA hospital in Brisbane going back into covid mode after a staff member has tested positive, after contact with a positive patient.

Staff member has been in the community while infectious. Waiting to see if Brisbane gets locked down again.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Oh ****

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

So apparently this is Scomos fault. The doctor hasn't had the Covid Vax yet, which is Queensland Healths responsibility. But according to people on social media this is a failing of the Feds.

I think that I hate hardcore Labor supporters more than hardcore LNP supporters. Don't get me wrong, I hate them both. They are both blinded by partisanship, and arrogant. But the Labor ones are also self righteous.

I'm suprised that this doctor hasn't been vaccinated. Gold Coast has been incredibly efficient. The hospital that this occurred at, the PA is one of the Pfizer hubs.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Coronavirus

Post by gangrenous »

Why hadn’t she been vaccinated?
Last edited by gangrenous on March 13, 2021, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The QLD CHO said they're stockpiling the vaccine in case there are supply issues. That approach defies logic.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:Why hadn’t he been vaccinated?
Apparently Scomo is why.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

There is really no excuse. I got it within two weeks of it rolling out. I'm next to no chance of coming across someone with covid. If I was offered and given it, surely someone who is caring for people known to have covid should have had it. If they didn't want it fine, then they are assigned to other duties. There is a failing in the process here, but it's not at a federal level.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Coronavirus

Post by gangrenous »

Probably not. But until we understand why she wasn’t vaccinated hard to say for certain.
Last edited by gangrenous on March 13, 2021, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:Probably not. But until we understand why he wasn’t vaccinated hard to say for certain.
I'm willing to go out on a limb, stick my head out and say that this is nothing to do with the Feds.

My money is on a line manager **** up.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Here's hoping the Doctor will be ok and fully recover. Her skills will be needed and her evidence as to how she may have caught the virus will be a lesson for everyone involved on the front line. The sooner all health professionals have the vaccine the better. See ABC news report below.

No reported breaches of PPE involving doctor who tested positive
Dr Bennett:

So this doctor will wore appropriate PPE during the time she was with the patients. There were no reported breaches in use of the PPE.

What we know about this virus is that it is highly infectious. Both the rapidity at which the doctor became infectious and the fact there were no identified breaches shows that.

We've seen that here in Australia before and we've seen it around the world. Certainly the hospitals are looking to that and trying to identify any particular cause that may need and improvement.

There's nothing to suggest that that has occurred. It is a virus. It is highly infectious. And that's what has happened. The most important thing that we can do right now is just focus on preventing any further transmission.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Coronavirus

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:I think that I hate hardcore Labor supporters more than hardcore LNP supporters. Don't get me wrong, I hate them both. They are both blinded by partisanship, and arrogant. But the Labor ones are also self righteous.
I have to say I agree with that statement in its entirety. Hardcore Labor supporters are so unable to see anything without it being entirely blinded by their partisanship, the COVID situation and which states have performed the best is a clear example of that.

We see evidence of this one-eyedness in this very thread and I STILL have friends who think NSW has handled the virus badly while Qld and WA have been world class. It’s absurd logic and not a single person who I know parroting these views is a Liberal supporter.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Coronavirus

Post by gangrenous »

The Nickman wrote: We see evidence of this one-eyedness in this very thread and I STILL have friends who think NSW has handled the virus badly while Qld and WA have been world class. It’s absurd logic and not a single person who I know parroting these views is a Liberal supporter.
Well of course they’re not Image

View that is erroneous in favour of one wing of politics not found to be occurring in opposite wing of politics.

Colour me **** surprised.

Possibly hardcore Labor supporters actually upset you more because you’re further right than you like to think you are?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:
The Nickman wrote: We see evidence of this one-eyedness in this very thread and I STILL have friends who think NSW has handled the virus badly while Qld and WA have been world class. It’s absurd logic and not a single person who I know parroting these views is a Liberal supporter.
Well of course they’re not Image

View that is erroneous in favour of one wing of politics not found to be occurring in opposite wing of politics.

Colour me **** surprised.

Possibly hardcore Labor supporters actually upset you more because you’re further right than you like to think you are?
It's funny whenever I do one of those how should I vote quiz, I always come out pretty left, but (hardcore) Labor supporters **** me more than (hardcore) LNP supporters.

It's not their views, I agree with most of them. It's their inability to recognise anything good that the other side of politics does, their tendency to make up facts when an event doesn't suite their agenda, and their righteous indignation when they are called out.

The current situation is a prime example. The vaccines were acquired by the Feds. The 1A vaccines for quarantine and hospital workers have been distributed to the states to roll out. The Feds are rolling out to aged care. 1B using the AZ vaccine will be managed by the Feds using GPs and pharmacies (this is problematic, but is another issue). This is all well documented,it is fact. But when a hospital worker contracts covid and has not been immunised, the Labor supporters reinvent the facts, and get indignant when I point out that what they are saying is incorrect, and that I am clearly an LNP stooge, which I am not.

In short I generally have a dislike of politicians and party supporters politicising what should not be political issues, and the cognitive inflexibility to assess situations based on facts rather than agendas.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’ve been called a rabid Labor supporter by Nickman, who is apparently centrist.

Let’s not pretend the behaviour you’re talking to characterises one side. They just happen to be the side you’re arguing with at the moment.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:I’ve been called a rabid Labor supporter by Nickman, who is apparently centrist.

Let’s not pretend the behaviour you’re talking to characterises one side. They just happen to be the side you’re arguing with at the moment.
I never said that it does. In fact I said that they are more or less the same, except Labor supporters seem to have righteous indignation, where as the hard core LNP supporters seem to just accept the fact that they are awful. I can at least respect their clarity Image
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

And now, with a positive case in a NSW quarantine worker, those same people are blaming Gladys. Do you see how this works?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I think you’re mistaking me for trying to defend their position. I’m not.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

gangrenous wrote: March 14, 2021, 2:43 pm I’ve been called a rabid Labor supporter by Nickman, who is apparently centrist.

You arent a rabid labor supporter?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’m really not.

If anything I’m a rabid anti-federal-LNP at the moment. But that’s because of what they do and stand for. Not because of the colour on the card.

I’ve voted Liberal before, and I’ll do it again.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

So Doc it would seem we have dodged x2 bullets with the NSw and Qld case in the last week? Would you agree?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Purely based on anecdotal evidence locally this "UK strain" does not appear to be as infectious as we were first told.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Coronavirus

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:Purely based on anecdotal evidence locally this "UK strain" does not appear to be as infectious as we were first told.
Not when you’ve got it under control and you have first class protocols and systems in place, no.