Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Canberra Raiders won't terminate contracts of unvaccinated players

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote: November 18, 2021, 8:22 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
T_R wrote: November 18, 2021, 5:59 pm
1992 wrote:
T_R wrote: November 18, 2021, 12:09 pm

I can help you with that. They are only in 'lockdown' for the unvaccinated. This is because a caring and engaged society understands that sometimes stupid people need to be protected from themselves.

Also, they are nowhere near the 'two countries with the highest vax rate in Europe', unless Malta and Iceland have gone into lockdown. https://www.statista.com/statistics/119 ... y-country/ . The two countries that have locked down the unvaccinated this week are the 14th and 19th 'highest vaxed'.

I hope that clarifies things.
EDIT.

I am sure you will be happy when they start jabbing kids from January.

EDIT.
Both of my kids have received COVID19 vaccinations.

They've been receiving vaccinations semi regularly since soon after birth.

What's awesome is that neither have died of polio.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Plus you have outstanding phone coverage
This downloaded basically before you typed it

Well I did type it on a Microsoft Surface Laptop
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: Coronavirus

Post by RedRaider »

Although not a complete list of Countries the below gives and indication of how Australia's vaccine rollout is compared to other nations.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Also Australia now of 60% double vaxxed for 12-15s. ACT, NSW and Victoria well above this Australian average.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default ... r-2021.pdf
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Good to see Arabs have no religious reasoning to not getting the jab. Seriously, if all their superstitions don't prevent them from a vaccine, then what does it say for the those in Western society that are against it?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

RedRaider wrote: November 20, 2021, 11:46 am Although not a complete list of Countries the below gives and indication of how Australia's vaccine rollout is compared to other nations.

Also Australia now of 60% double vaxxed for 12-15s. ACT, NSW and Victoria well above this Australian average.

That was really interesting, Red. As an aside, you can type in other countries if they aren't already on the list.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I see a air/drone strike should have been dialled in today.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

T_R wrote: November 20, 2021, 3:02 pm
RedRaider wrote: November 20, 2021, 11:46 am Although not a complete list of Countries the below gives an indication of how Australia's vaccine rollout is compared to other nations.

Also Australia now 60% double vaxxed for 12-15s. ACT, NSW and Victoria well above this Australian average.

That was really interesting, Red. As an aside, you can type in other countries if they aren't already on the list.
Hi TR, yes, I had included Australia and others such as Iceland, Israel and Malta when I looked at the 'ourworldindata' site. I tried to use the snipping tool to put it into my post but it would not copy for some reason. Probably 'operator error'.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, after months of lobbying we've finally dragged ol' mate Scomo's head from his nether regions and pushed him into commiting to a date for student and working holiday visa holders to get back into the country.

As a country, we've lost around $70bn from excluding arrivals from these visa categories for the COVID period. Job losses have been well over 100,000.

As an industry, this is our first good news in a very, very long time.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: November 22, 2021, 12:51 pm Well, after months of lobbying we've finally dragged ol' mate Scomo's head from his nether regions and pushed him into commiting to a date for student and working holiday visa holders to get back into the country.

As a country, we've lost around $70bn from excluding arrivals from these visa categories for the COVID period. Job losses have been well over 100,000.

Curious, if you're allowed to say... what is the date, is it a firm commitment and if so what does this functionally mean for you? Like is this all systems go and just ramping staff and students back up and you should hopefully be back close to where you were before this all began, or is this closer to almost starting again and it's a slow build up?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The date is December 1
The commitment is firm
And functionally? It's going to be a long road back, but it started today.

I honestly feel like crying. **** me, Nick. What a couple of years it has been.

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

T_R wrote: November 22, 2021, 12:51 pm Well, after months of lobbying we've finally dragged ol' mate Scomo's head from his nether regions and pushed him into commiting to a date for student and working holiday visa holders to get back into the country.

Finally some very belated relief for you.

Unfortunately it is nakedly ideological. Even though education is one of our biggest exports there are no votes to be gained in supporting or protecting jobs in, for example, so called "Marxist factories" which are our universities.

Contrast that with the way in which the prospect of losing a comparatively small and consistently declining number of coal jobs is the most polemical issue in modern Australian politics.
Up The Milk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: November 22, 2021, 1:45 pm The date is December 1
The commitment is firm

Indeed... i cant imagine it all if im honest. It's really great to hear.

My biggest issues for this have been home schooling for those periods, and disrupted travel plans.. my job was never remotetely impacted, in fact it was allowed me to get into almost fulltime working from home situation which has proved to be far better for me and more effeicent, and i love it. Hope they never make me go back to the office.
My wife is a paediatrician so she wasnt impact greatly either. We've been so largely untouched by this other than what are objectively minor annoyances that it's hard for me to fathom what the light at the end of the tunnel must feel like for people who have really done it tough in this time

My sister in law is in australia, travelling from London and seeing her family for the first time in years... her arrival really has given me hope that we're down a path now where things are going to REALLY get back to normal very soon.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NSW government ‘ignored health advice’ from Kerry Chant, new emails show: https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... 47486a1581
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:NSW government ‘ignored health advice’ from Kerry Chant, new emails show: https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... 47486a1581
Feel justified in my rants on the Govt and the decision to split the city now.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Targeted, prioritised, protected…

All words that could be used for increased health protocols in a geographical area with the highest quantity of cases and daily transmissions. All depends on perspective and narrative.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Botman wrote: November 22, 2021, 8:46 pm
T_R wrote: November 22, 2021, 1:45 pm The date is December 1
The commitment is firm

Indeed... i cant imagine it all if im honest. It's really great to hear.
Thanks. The takeaway from me on this more than anything else is that this is an entirely 'reactive' government. They have been delaying this announcement for months (it was decided in National Cabinet some time ago, apparently) for whatever purpose. Unfortunately, this kind of uncertainty made business planning impossible.

So, we seeded a couple of articles in the Fin Review last week, got some Channel 9 news time (not me, someone else) and bang - announcement. It's honestly pathetic.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I had noticed quite a few stories that you'd shared on your FB page and wondered if was an part of blitzkrieg strategy trying to draw attention to the issue.
It really is sad that it had to come to that for a major industry to get some clarity from the Gov
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Botman wrote: November 23, 2021, 10:58 am I had noticed quite a few stories that you'd shared on your FB page and wondered if was an part of blitzkrieg strategy trying to draw attention to the issue.
It really is sad that it had to come to that for a major industry to get some clarity from the Gov
Gee, I've learned a lot through the last couple of years when it comes to dealing with politicians. I believe that there are two generally universal truths:

1. They are clueless about their portfolio beyond their immediate (politically motivated) focus. I am astounded at the base level of ignorance (and I'm thinking particularly of the Federal Immigration and Education Ministers here).

2. There is absolutely no sense of 'doing the right thing' on any side of politics. No one will expend energy until they can see a direct electoral benefit (and I'm looking squarely at Tanya Plibersek on this one). In private, they are absolutely happy to admit that.

3. They are frightened little forest nymphs who will roll over as soon as there is any real chance of negative media, so long as you choose the correct media - the LNP does not give a toss what is the Herald, but if the Murdoch mob, or the Fin Review (which their paymasters read) turn on them, then they'll jump just as high as you tell them too.

A very small group of us got the PM to make a major announcement just through mobilising media last week. It's honestly pathetic.

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Good to hear Tokyo, Will you be reinstating the Colombian maids?

This place is woke.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Interesting to observe Europe at the moment. Lots of issues heading into winter including Austria in full lockdown and Germany locking down the unvaccinated.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

TR, I'm glad you've been given some hope, brother.

But your insight on politicians has been self evident for my entire life
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Anyone else worried that T_R just got a tiny taste of being Murdoch and loved it?

Make sure you use this power for good… like Raiders premierships.

On a serious note glad to hear things are on the up. This government being reactive is spot on. I hope this is the end of them finally
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote: November 23, 2021, 5:33 pm Anyone else worried that T_R just got a tiny taste of being Murdoch and loved it? Image

Make sure you use this power for good… like Raiders premierships.

On a serious note glad to hear things are on the up. This government being reactive is spot on. I hope this is the end of them finally Image
Jokig aside, the power that Murdoch wields must be absolutely intoxicating. We just made the Prime Minister jump through hoops for us on the basis of a couple of articles and some TV time. Can you imagine how corrupting it would be to be able to make and break governments on a whim?

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Question wrote: November 23, 2021, 2:58 pm Good to hear Tokyo, Will you be reinstating the Colombian maids?

Had to get borders open. Our Brazilian pool guy moved away, there's no one to replace him and I don't know how the filter works.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

dubby wrote: November 23, 2021, 4:08 pm TR, I'm glad you've been given some hope, brother.

But your insight on politicians has been self evident for my entire life
Well, I chose to believe otherwise. Pretty eye opening couple of years for me.

As an aside, Julian Hill (Bruce) has been amazing. Definitely a guy to watch.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

6 months ago we had some back and forth about Murdoch. It was a slightly different topic because it was focussed on the power of he wields over the electorate/elections.

Curious if this experience may have changed your view?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:6 months ago we had some back and forth about Murdoch. It was a slightly different topic because it was focussed on the power of he wields over the electorate/elections.

Curious if this experience may have changed your view?
To some degree, I think it has, yes.

But from memory I disagreed with how much sway the Murdoch press had over punters. I'm still convinced it's less than people believe. There's no doubt that the government fears the negative coverage, though, so perhaps 'my thinking makes it so'.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

New African Covid variant poses 'significant threat to vaccine program': https://au.yahoo.com/new-african-covid- ... 48375.html
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Oh, ****

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

I’d really like the docs perspective right about now.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

It'll be alright mate. After reading some of the antivax apologists on here I'm sure it'll all sort itself out if people just do whatever they want.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

T_R wrote:Oh, ****

ScoMo found this thread and got upset. So now he’s counterseeding articles to justify not opening.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

We'll shut down at any sign of a variant, won't we? Particularly with an election around the corner?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

If the medical experts are saying this is a variant of concern Makes sense to pause travel from locations that have it.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

2 positive cases from Southern Africa flew in last night. How exciting.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

We need to stay angry and woke about this.

This place is woke.