Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dr Zaius »

Yes, for reasons unbeknownst to us Bill Gates is out to kill us all, or control us all, or make money off a non existant vaccine, or some other contradictory narrative
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: June 11, 2020, 12:54 pm Yes, for reasons unbeknownst to us Bill Gates is out to kill us all, or control us all, or make money off a non existant vaccine, or some other contradictory narrative
Finally somebody sees the truth.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Northern Raider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: June 11, 2020, 12:54 pm Yes, for reasons unbeknownst to us Bill Gates is out to kill us all, or control us all, or make money off a non existant vaccine, or some other contradictory narrative
Finally somebody sees the truth.
I have woke
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

It actually started with the protests in the US and the claim was 'well nobody seems to be get infected now so maybe it was all a hoax'... so I replied 'well according to worldometers 22,000 new cases were reported in the US yesterday'... so that triggered the 'you are a bit of a sheep following that mainstream media, don't you know about the hoax theories that you won't find on mainstream media' I said no, show me a link and he posted a Fox news article.. so I pointed out that Fox is pretty mainstream and also pointed out the obvious flaws in the article..... his response 'look I don't have time to argue about this'

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Interesting NSW have essentially binned over 200 of their active cases as they were active for 6+ weeks

Their method of tracking recovered patients is through self reporting which I find a bit odd

Apparently there are 138 active cases remaining in Australia

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Victoria really needs to sort itself out, they're letting the team down. Don't they wash their hands down there or something?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Large areas of Melbourne now going back into heavier restrictions as reported on ABC news breakfast today. Is it a second wave or that the high level of testing is finding more people? I am hoping for the second. People are asked to not enter or leave 6 local council areas which together, it is reported, make up 20% of Victoria's population.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

It's not a second wave, it's a few clusters spread by selfish gits doing the wrong thing
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Like people getting tested and then going to packed shopping centres..

Like what the actual **** are these people thinking...

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote:It's not a second wave, it's a few clusters spread by selfish gits doing the wrong thing
What’s your latest view?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Legitimate question, has there been any update on whether or not the app is working, or effective?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

When I’ve heard mentions in the media they’ve referred to technical difficulties in May so I hope that means that they addressed them?

Overall it sounds like it hasn’t had much use since the case load has been small and the take-up has been average.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:It's not a second wave, it's a few clusters spread by selfish gits doing the wrong thing
What’s your latest view?

Build a wall around Victoria. Get the rest of the country moving.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Legitimate question, has there been any update on whether or not the app is working, or effective?
I believe Apple rolled out a patch in the last update. Search for covid in your settings menu.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: June 23, 2020, 7:20 pm
greeneyed wrote:
What’s your latest view?
Build a wall around Victoria. Get the rest of the country moving.
Building a wall around Victoria would be a good idea in the best of times. ;)

What’s the status of community transmission in NSW? I keep hearing it’s controlled. Are the rising cases all from overseas? The information isn’t flowing freely.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

A quick look shows two locally acquired cases for NSW this week.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:A quick look shows two locally acquired cases for NSW this week.
There's a trickle one or so every few days. The vast majority are travellers in quarantine. Victoria is the problem. ImageImage
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Novak Djokovic tests positive for COVID-19: https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/nov ... 585c55f028

Melbourne rugby union side to play in Canberra despite coronavirus fears: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Some hard decisions coming up in the next few weeks.

Tasmania NT, SA have essentially eliminated the virus. ACT also but have open borders with NSW.

NSW, WA and QLD are oh so close

Victoria is a long way off.

Does NSW close their borders to Victoria and the rest of the country open up to each other.

Do all of the states accept that we can't eliminate and open all borders.

Do Victoria go back into a lockdown to try and eliminate so that we have a virus free country?

Its worrying that Victorians are heading to Sydney for the weekend. Gladys has a decision to make.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Might be a bit late?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:Might be a bit late?
For?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Closing the border. Still better late than never.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:Closing the border. Still better late than never.
Needs to happen by Friday. Stop all those Mexicans heading north for school holidays
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Novak Djokovic’s beliefs in the spotlight after positive coronavirus test: https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/nov ... 8b2e22f5f7

Novak Djokovic and wife Jelena’s ‘scepticism of science’ slammed after COVID-19 diagnosis: https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/nov ... aaa5de174f

The second one has a video which his wife shared which explains how electric light caused the Spanish Flu, radar or something caused the Hong Kong Flu and now 5G is causing COVID-19!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

What a world where people dumb as bricks wield so much money and influence.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Social media started as a conduit to link people together, and has morphed into a device to make society stoopida
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dr Zaius wrote:
Needs to happen by Friday. Stop all those Mexicans heading north for school holidays
They've essentially said they can't cause there's like 70 border crossings between Vic and NSW most of which are goat tracks

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW- wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
They've essentially said they can't cause there's like 70 border crossings between Vic and NSW most of which are goat tracks

How's that any different to NSW-QLD?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-TW- wrote: June 25, 2020, 2:43 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:

Close them all and they would only dig a tunnel.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It won’t stop tunnelling. But I heard Gladys is gonna build a wall and make those Victorians pay for it!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Dr Zaius wrote: June 24, 2020, 10:01 pm Social media started as a conduit to link people together, and has morphed into a device to make society stoopida
Doc, do we know if it is a specific Coronavirus strain which is prevalent in Victoria? The Victorian Premier originally asked the Feds for military assistance and was given it, then he changed it to a fraction of the number originally requested. Everyone is smart in hindsight but this is a confusing series of decisions.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

NZ back up to 13 active cases after declaring they have eliminated the virus; largely stemming from not properly testing returned travellers.

Salient warning for the non-Victorian states and territories allowing the Mexicans to spread their germs willy nilly across the rest of the country.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Seiffert82 wrote: June 27, 2020, 8:10 am NZ back up to 13 active cases after declaring they have eliminated the virus; largely stemming from not properly testing returned travellers.

Salient warning for the non-Victorian states and territories allowing the Mexicans to spread their germs willy nilly across the rest of the country.
It's virtually impossible to remain virus free while it's still prevalent around the globe, unless you completely seal off your country. Which is not overly practical.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

This thing will run around the community forever now, especially whenever the borders are reopened.

A vaccine would help control it, but it's basically a common virus now, like the flu or the cold.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Northern Raider wrote: June 27, 2020, 11:11 am
Seiffert82 wrote: June 27, 2020, 8:10 am NZ back up to 13 active cases after declaring they have eliminated the virus; largely stemming from not properly testing returned travellers.

It's virtually impossible to remain virus free while it's still prevalent around the globe, unless you completely seal off your country. Which is not overly practical.
Indeed, but it also does seem like the kiwis forgot to implement their own testing and reporting protocol for returned travellers. Maybe got a little too complacent.