Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Northern Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: March 26, 2021, 7:40 pm Had Round 2 with a Pfizer needle yesterday.
The 5G will be oozing from every pore
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Northern Raider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: March 26, 2021, 7:40 pm Had Round 2 with a Pfizer needle yesterday.
. Image
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dr Zaius wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
. Image
Can you come stand in the corner of my house?

My 5G reception sucks

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Dr Zaius trying to make out like he's not in with Big Pharma but then just show's one of his clones in a pic.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

“Dr Zaius has returned for some reason!”
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Fanbloody-tastic - had my trip to WA booked for mid April after getting cancelled last year and now looks like this stupid virus has spread across the border :(
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, my trip to the Gold Coast this weekend for the Raiders game is suddenly looking shaky AF.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

3 day lockdown in Brisbane. Mandatory masks ?state wide? Cases went to Gladstone and Byron while infectious.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I'm just praying it hasn't spread in Byron.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I've got a week in Tweed coming up, don't you dare!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I continue to sit by myself in my room with the blinds shut. This is fine.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

**** this.
Just **** this so **** much.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Agreed T_R. I mean now because some people with covid from QLD went to a bachelorette party in Northern NSW, I suspect my trip to WA will be cancelled. Again.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

So another HCW, working on a covid ward, positive, unimmunised. **** incompetance
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

A case on the GC.

The nurse attended a bucks night in Byron. The stripper has tested positive. He works as a trade on the GC and has been to various work sites including an aged car facility.

But of a cock up, but I've know doubt that the public health unit will get in their and grab it by the balls.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Dr Zaius wrote: March 30, 2021, 10:41 am A case on the GC.

The nurse attended a bucks night in Byron. The stripper has tested positive. He works as a trade on the GC and has been to various work sites including an aged car facility.

But of a cock up, but I've know doubt that the public health unit will get in their and grab it by the balls.
:lol: Nice pun.

I'm PRAYING this doesn't start resulting in community spread in NSW or my trip is dead in the water. But not liking my chances. I just hope WA stop being so ridiculous with waiting 28 days with no transmission before opening the borders again
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote: March 30, 2021, 11:10 am
Dr Zaius wrote: March 30, 2021, 10:41 am A case on the GC.

:lol: Nice pun.

I'm PRAYING this doesn't start resulting in community spread in NSW or my trip is dead in the water. But not liking my chances. I just hope WA stop being so ridiculous with waiting 28 days with no transmission before opening the borders again
This is pretty much the final nail in my trip to the Gold Coast this weekend.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah it's super frustrating, hard to ever have faith in interstate travel at the moment.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dr Zaius wrote: March 29, 2021, 7:51 pm So another HCW, working on a covid ward, positive, unimmunised. **** incompetance
Today's press conference bragging that 41,000 front line health and quarantine workers have been vaccinated. Quite amazing that from so many they've missed those actually working with COVID patients.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: March 30, 2021, 11:30 am
Dr Zaius wrote: March 29, 2021, 7:51 pm So another HCW, working on a covid ward, positive, unimmunised. **** incompetance
Today's press conference bragging that 41,000 front line health and quarantine workers have been vaccinated. Quite amazing that from so many they've missed those actually working with COVID patients.
Have they "missed them" or are the ***** refusing vaccines?
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

If they are refusing vaccines they shouldn't be working with COVID patients. Simples.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote: March 30, 2021, 11:33 am If they are refusing vaccines they shouldn't be working with COVID patients. Simples.
They should be loaded into a cannon and **** fired into the sun.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

So how long are we betting before cases pop up in NSW and the borders close across the country?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Northern Raider wrote:
This is exactly my point. I've had both mine. At my hospital are now vaccinating admin staff who have next to no patient contact. But these numpties can't even vaccinate the single most important people to vaccinate - those who will knowingly come in contact with Covid positive patients in their day to day work. Not once, but twice now.

It's absolutely unexecusable and I'm baffled why more questions aren't being asked.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dr Zaius wrote: March 30, 2021, 12:03 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
This is exactly my point. I've had both mine. At my hospital are now vaccinating admin staff who have next to no patient contact. But these numpties can't even vaccinate the single most important people to vaccinate - those who will knowingly come in contact with Covid positive patients in their day to day work. Not once, but twice now.

It's absolutely unexecusable and I'm baffled why more questions aren't being asked.
CHO was suggesting it was a supply issue. To quote:

"In relation to the vaccine, first of all, the amount of vaccine that we have been supplied by the Commonwealth did not all arrive on the first day. So it has progressively increased, just as our vaccinations have progressively increased. Also remember, we also had to keep some in reserve for the second vaccination because particularly around Pfizer, so the majority of all of our 1As, this the Pfizer."

"So certainly in the six major hubs, they all got Pfizer. We have to hold back enough Pfizer to give them their second vaccination because we can’t be sure and even the Commonwealth can’t be sure when that Pfizer delivery is going to come to Australia, and also when it is going to get out to the individual states."

Seems like diverting accountability to me.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Surely the frontline workers KNOW they haven't been vaccinated and put their hand up to say "Ummm guys, shouldn't I get the shot?"

Seriously, it just REEKS of anti-vaxxers to me.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: March 30, 2021, 12:35 pm Surely the frontline workers KNOW they haven't been vaccinated and put their hand up to say "Ummm guys, shouldn't I get the shot?"

Seriously, it just REEKS of anti-vaxxers to me.
This still conflicts with what we're being told. In that they weren't vaccinated due to distribution issues, not that they refused it.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

It's just another cock up that is being covered up as best as possible.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Azza wrote: March 30, 2021, 12:44 pm It's just another cock up that is being covered up as best as possible.
Just like the announcement that one of the COVID cases held a house party for 25 people while waiting on test results. They told us all 25 were in quarantine and undergoing testing. Turned out it was only 5 people there, of which 4 were housemates. They put it down to a misunderstanding of what they were told. So who were the other 20 people they had in quarantine? :?
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Azza wrote: March 30, 2021, 11:59 am So how long are we betting before cases pop up in NSW and the borders close across the country?
And I should add, if cases pop up around Byron, they are going to have to make some calls about the blues festival there this weekend.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Northern Raider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: March 30, 2021, 12:03 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

CHO was suggesting it was a supply issue. To quote:

"In relation to the vaccine, first of all, the amount of vaccine that we have been supplied by the Commonwealth did not all arrive on the first day. So it has progressively increased, just as our vaccinations have progressively increased. Also remember, we also had to keep some in reserve for the second vaccination because particularly around Pfizer, so the majority of all of our 1As, this the Pfizer."

"So certainly in the six major hubs, they all got Pfizer. We have to hold back enough Pfizer to give them their second vaccination because we can’t be sure and even the Commonwealth can’t be sure when that Pfizer delivery is going to come to Australia, and also when it is going to get out to the individual states."

Seems like diverting accountability to me.
What utter garbage from the CHO. Even if you only had a couple hundred doses, all of those doses should be directed towards those working on the Covid wards. It is beyond comprehension that back of house staff are lining up for their second shot, while front line workers are yet to have their first. It's not an issue of supply, it's an issue of targeting the roll out.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

So GCUH alone has over 12000 people, and the fact that these front line workers have not been vaccinated is somehow a supply issue. I'm not buying it and the CHO shouldn't be selling it.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Damn I love it when the doc gets fired up.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

He's warming up for Origin time
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Northern Raider wrote: March 30, 2021, 4:57 pm He's warming up for Origin time
He’ll be upset when it’s NSW vs combined islanders because his premier has run another lockdown due to inadequate contact tracing software.