Israel Folau

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: Israel Folau

Post by julian87 »

Wonder what the chaplain reckons.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

julian87 wrote:Wonder what the chaplain reckons.
I'd be more interested to hear the opinion of the the man who was the highest ranked religious figure in Australia. But maybe his opinion doesn't matter anymore as he is a convicted paedophile, and given his victims were young boys I guess that also makes him a homosexual.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Mate nothing in the Bible or that you could say could convince me that he loves me (assuming he was real), I’ve studied it, listened to so many apologists over the years I’ve heard everything that could be used and I’ve found them wanting.

Just be a good person, fight for others to have the same rights as everyone else enjoys just as I would fight for your right to believe anything you wish even when if i am so vehemently opposed to it, our beliefs should only affect ourselves.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote: June 22, 2019, 4:47 pm
Manbush wrote:Just on the doing what Jesus would want you to do, where do you think he’d sit on the political spectrum, would he be for helping the wealthy or for helping the less fortunate? I’d say he’d be far more liberal than conservative policy wise going by how Christians talk of him.
You're asking me to assume the actions of God incarnate, of my savior.

Hard to do, old mate

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
If you know how he wants you to live I would have thought his morals and teachings would make it obvious.

In a lot of ways he was written as the original hippy, hanging with and helping the needy while being opposed to the rich and powerful, one of the teachings I find bad is about giving no thought about tomorrow and giving away all your money, he’s the antithesis of modern day conservatives.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

He’s got you on that one, dubs. There’s no way Jesus would vote for Trump or Pauline Hanson

Maybe ScoMo though, because he’d still like a tight economic policy
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Rickman wrote: June 22, 2019, 6:39 pm He’s got you on that one, dubs. There’s no way Jesus would vote for Trump or Pauline Hanson

Being such a massive hippie Jesus surely would vote for the Marijuana Party.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:He’s got you on that one, dubs. There’s no way Jesus would vote for Trump or Pauline Hanson

There's no way Buddha would vote for Hillary or The Greens either

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Rickman wrote:He’s got you on that one, dubs. There’s no way Jesus would vote for Trump or Pauline Hanson

There's no way Buddha would vote for Hillary or The Greens either

Buddha probably wouldn’t vote, dubby
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Well then, isn't it fortunate that we live in a modern society where our choices and behaviours aren't dictated by what a bunch of conservative old men ~thought~ some other guy said many thousands of years ago?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

raiderskater wrote:Well then, isn't it fortunate that we live in a modern society where our choices and behaviours aren't dictated by what a bunch of conservative old men ~thought~ some other guy said many thousands of years ago?
Amen to that
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

What is it about the gay community that gets the religious types so hot and bothered :hmmm
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Don't be so misled. Most could give a damn

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

dubby wrote: June 23, 2019, 5:16 pm Don't be so misled. Most could give a damn

Yes, we noticed they could give a damn, when they donated millions to try and prevent marriage equality.

If they couldn't give a damn, they'd have stayed out of it, or better yet, stuck with that "Jesus loves everyone" line they're so fond of pushing when it suits their agenda.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Bad typo there Dubby :lol:

(I’m assuming you meant “couldn’t”)
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

It's one of those bizarre new American usages where it means the opposite but through the persistence of numbskulls it has become "a thing". Not that I'm calling Dubby a numbskull, just easily led.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

They also say "I could care less".
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Israel Folau

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote:Bad typo there Dubby :lol:

(I’m assuming you meant “couldn’t”)
I don’t believe it IS a typo

Dubby was actively anti-gay marriage, his Facebook profile picture was even changed to show this. He absolutely DID give a damn about it, if he says otherwise now he’s completely rewriting history
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Its ok.to have different opinions.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It’s not ok for your opinions to be discriminatory and hateful
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Israel Folau

Post by RTW »

dubby wrote:Its ok.to have different opinions.

If your opinion is that Williams should play half and my opinion is Sezer then it is okay but if one of our opinions causes.....aaargh **** it, it isn’t even worth explaining.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Last edited by RTW on June 23, 2019, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:It’s not ok for your opinions to be discriminatory and hateful
I've moved on. It was voted in. Life goes on.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

RTW wrote:
dubby wrote:Its ok.to have different opinions.

If your opinion is that Williams should play half and my opinion is Sezer then it is okay but if one of our opinions causes.....aaargh **** it, it isn’t even worth explaining.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Image Image

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Rickman wrote:It’s not ok for your opinions to be discriminatory and hateful
I've moved on. It was voted in. Life goes on.

You still don’t get it though, do you?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Dubs you mentioned something earlier about you’ve been off track and need to start showing more love and helping people, I hope you see the marriage equality debate was a perfect opportunity to do just that.

It was a chance to show love and help one of if not the most persecuted minorities in this country and the world, help them feel loved, accepted and equal without it even having a single impact on your life, sure it went against your personal beliefs on what marriage is but trying to impose those beliefs on others when it’s not going to affect you is not loving or helping it’s the opposite.

Going against your beliefs isn’t easy but surely if it’s to help others it’s the right thing to do.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

And Folau's GoFundMe page has been cancelled, as expected.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-li ... V-eQVxX43M
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Rickman wrote: June 24, 2019, 10:44 am And Folau's GoFundMe page has been cancelled, as expected.

They would have had so many complaints, last time I saw the petition to have it removed was over 85k.

What is it with Izzy thinking generic terms and conditions don’t apply to him.

Apparently his wife is starting to get into trouble with netball Australia over it as well.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Manbush wrote: June 24, 2019, 11:34 am
The Rickman wrote: June 24, 2019, 10:44 am And Folau's GoFundMe page has been cancelled, as expected.

They would have had so many complaints, last time I saw the petition to have it removed was over 85k.

What is it with Izzy thinking generic terms and conditions don’t apply to him.

Apparently his wife is starting to get into trouble with netball Australia over it as well.
Is he breaching any T&Cs though?

From the article:
According to the terms and conditions on the website, users may not attempt to raise money “for the legal defence of … intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases”.

Folau is not raising funds for a legal defense. He has not been charged with anything and being forced to face court, which is what this passage refers to.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

“campaigns we deem, at our sole discretion, to be in support of, or for the legal defence of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity or serious disabilities or diseases;”

Was that a convenient edit on your behalf NR?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha his GoFundMe page ABSOLUTELY should be shut down... that just isn't what GFM is about.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The Rickman wrote:Hahaha his GoFundMe page ABSOLUTELY should be shut down... that just isn't what GFM is about.
Really glad this got shut down. Mrs Fui put it well that he’s wanting the right to discriminate against others, without the threat of being discriminated against.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What took them so long?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Manbush wrote: June 24, 2019, 11:53 am “campaigns we deem, at our sole discretion, to be in support of, or for the legal defence of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity or serious disabilities or diseases;”

Was that a convenient edit on your behalf NR?
What edit? I did a direct copy and paste from the linked article.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

My apologies then NR, the article edited the terms and conditions.

Nice to see Latham straw manning the issue with his usual class. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

That post by Latham is beyond dumb. It's even a stretch for a straw man.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Glad it was taken down.

Pity that the geese who donated to this and support him are using this to fuel their outrage at a perceived slight.