Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Manbush »

LP Raider wrote: April 15, 2019, 6:48 pm
PigRickman wrote: April 12, 2019, 9:55 pm I’d love to know if Izzy has kept within his religion and given substantial amounts of his income to his church

Also I’d be super pumped if Izzy could just **** off and take his hateful **** with him
He does give financially to his church.

So your asking someone to **** off and take his hateful **** with him.

Right.

You do understand that most people outside the media share his views.
Id disagree with that, even ignoring the last census many Christians are dropping that particular belief like they’ve dropped many other beliefs that don’t fit in with modern secular values, one saving grace of Christianity is it evolves with society.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Israel Folau

Post by greeneyed »

OK, edwahu is right. All further discussion of the Folau topic should be taken to this thread in the Current Affairs board.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:OK, edwahu is right. All further discussion of the Folau topic should be taken to the Current Affairs board or The Union Thread, thanks.
Maybe we need a Stoneage thread where posters can write their views on a stone tablet instead of the modern internet.

Don’t tell them the father of the computer was gay.
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

BJ wrote: April 15, 2019, 11:08 pm
greeneyed wrote:OK, edwahu is right. All further discussion of the Folau topic should be taken to the Current Affairs board or The Union Thread, thanks.
Maybe we need a Stoneage thread where posters can write their views on a stone tablet instead of the modern internet.

Was the computer adopted or was it a surrogate mother?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

I thought there was already a religion thread?
Dont delete this GE
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Israel Folau

Post by -PJ- »

Netball with the wife...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Israel Folau

Post by gangrenous »

MrPosh wrote:
BJ wrote: April 15, 2019, 11:08 pm Don’t tell them the father of the computer was gay.
Was the computer adopted or was it a surrogate mother?
I think you’ll find it was a surrogate motherboard
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Yep and the poor bastard was castrated because of it.

When you consider that was only about 70years ago we’ve come a long way but as Folua and his supporters have demonstrated we have so much further to go.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote: April 12, 2019, 9:55 pm I’d love to know if Izzy has kept within his religion and given substantial amounts of his income to his church

Also I’d be super pumped if Izzy could just **** off and take his hateful **** with him

Right.

You think most people outside the media share his views that all homosexuals, drunks and fornicators outside of marriage are going to hell??

You really believe most people think that, LP Smash?? Have you taken a head knock?

EDIT: I only saw GE's post on this page after I responded to LP Smash's post on the last page, so I'll stop the conversation here. Don't delete this, GE!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Israel Folau

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote:

Right.

You think most people outside the media share his views that all homosexuals, drunks and fornicators outside of marriage are going to hell??

You really believe most people think that, LP Smash?? Have you taken a head knock?

EDIT: I only saw GE's post on this page after I responded to LP Smash's post on the last page, so I'll stop the conversation here. Don't delete this, GE!
That’s when the discussion was in the Signing Speculation thread. It’s been split out into this thread off the Rugby League board. Free rein here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Could you delete your comment telling everyone it's the wrong thread then? It's going to be really confusing to people!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: April 16, 2019, 9:11 am Could you delete your comment telling everyone it's the wrong thread then? It's going to be really confusing to people!
Well now this is confusing

People who are confusing should go to hell according to izzy
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote: April 16, 2019, 9:43 am
The Rickman wrote: April 16, 2019, 9:11 am Could you delete your comment telling everyone it's the wrong thread then? It's going to be really confusing to people!
Well now this is confusing

People who are confusing should go to hell according to izzy
And according to LP Smash, everyone who isn't in media circles agrees with him!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Manbush wrote: April 15, 2019, 10:34 pm

Right.

Id disagree with that, even ignoring the last census many Christians are dropping that particular belief like they’ve dropped many other beliefs that don’t fit in with modern secular values, one saving grace of Christianity is it evolves with society.
Christianity is pretty much the same as any other faith. Its the extremists that cause the problems.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I know what you mean while not exactly agreeing because I’d have a wider category of problems caused.

While sticking to your tighter definition while the extremists cause the problems I’d say moderates empower them and give their views credibility.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Manbush wrote: April 16, 2019, 5:35 pm I know what you mean while not exactly agreeing because I’d have a wider category of problems caused.

While sticking to your tighter definition while the extremists cause the problems I’d say moderates empower them and give their views credibility.
The moderates are those that go about their business. Any that empower extremism are not moderate.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

One simple example demonstrated on this thread LP believing the majority agree with Folau simply because we are majority Christian, Folau would also believe the majority are on his side for that very reason. Don’t need to explicitly state support to empower a group, sharing a basic belief can do the job.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

He’s challenging the termination, considering he had previously been warned it was a breach of his contract yet he intentionally did it again it should be pretty cut and dry.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... MP=soc_567
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Israel Folau

Post by gangrenous »

Manbush wrote: it should be pretty cut and dry.
Sums up Folau in general
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Manbush wrote: April 16, 2019, 10:35 pm One simple example demonstrated on this thread LP believing the majority agree with Folau simply because we are majority Christian, Folau would also believe the majority are on his side for that very reason. Don’t need to explicitly state support to empower a group, sharing a basic belief can do the job.
I dont think it's fair or right to say simply sharing a basic belief in god is empowering homophobic sentiments. In fact i think that's pretty **** ridiculous.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Manbush wrote: April 17, 2019, 2:48 pm He’s challenging the termination, considering he had previously been warned it was a breach of his contract yet he intentionally did it again it should be pretty cut and dry.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... MP=soc_567
Not really. Just because he was warned previously doesn't mean he breached his contract. That's pretty much what he's challenging, whether it actually breached it. it might be a last desperate attempt to get a pay out or maybe he hasn't technically breached the contract and the ARU is going to end up looking stupid. I really can't say what the outcome will be because I don't know the detail
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Folau is toxic for the ARU brand and it is a world cup year. The ARU will probably be prepared to take a financial hit in order to bury this as quickly as possible.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

LP Raider wrote: April 15, 2019, 6:48 pm He does give financially to his church.

Right.

Green are the electorates that voted to legalise SSM in the postal survey. Red is those against:

It appears you hold a minority view.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Good grief, Sydney... sort it the **** out. If Central Queensland can vote yes, then **** Sydney should be able to!

I've always said it was a complete cesspool of a state and a fish rots from the head.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 10:35 am Good grief, Sydney... sort it the **** out. If Central Queensland can vote yes, then **** Sydney should be able to!

I've always said it was a complete cesspool of a state and a fish rots from the head.
Sydney is home of Mardi Gras too. The city is complete juxtaposition.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:03 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Realistically though the Atheist won't be too concerned. If you don't believe in Hell then its pretty much an empty threat. :)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:35 pm
Realistically though the Atheist won't be too concerned. If you don't believe in Hell then its pretty much an empty threat. :)
Unless hell is real, of course.

I'm going camping this weekend in a crocodile zone, but just because I don't believe in crocodiles doesn't mean I can't potentially get eaten.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Point is if you don’t believe in crocodiles though, you won’t worry about being eaten
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: April 18, 2019, 1:06 pm Point is if you don’t believe in crocodiles though, you won’t worry about being eaten
Exactly. What is I said you were going to get eaten by a bunyip? To an atheist its a similar threat.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im a proud drunk
And **** that guy.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The Rickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:40 pm
Unless hell is real, of course.

I'm going camping this weekend in a crocodile zone, but just because I don't believe in crocodiles doesn't mean I can't potentially get eaten.
Camping ?

You won't be sleeping on the ground will you ?

You're more a cabin man right ?

Generator, bed, fridge etc.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 2:20 pm
Im a proud drunk
And **** that guy.
Burn in hell.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Because there are protected groups, race, gender, disability and sexuality, same reason you can say anything you like about a Bronco fan but not about different races.

As for atheists won’t be concerned true it’s a hollow threat but it’s the sentiment behind it. Pentecostals believe in a literal fire and brimstone hell they believe people deserve to be tortured forever which is beyond disgusting, even Hitler wouldn’t deserve that. I just can’t fathom how people could love and worship a being they believe would do such a thing.