Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: The Politics Thread 2019

Post by The Nickman »

Schifty wrote: March 26, 2019, 8:10 pm Image

Pauline thinks Port Arthur was a false flag.
About a decade ago I worked with a bloke who grew up with Martin Bryant, his mum used to babysit him. One day I raised the possibility of the Port Arthur massacre potentially being a False Flag because of the points Hanson raised above, and he looked m dead in the eye and said "Rickman, Marty Bryant could shoot the wings off a fly."

Conspiracy theorists are **** morons. Pauline Hanson is one of the biggest morons.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
Schifty wrote: March 26, 2019, 8:10 pm Image

Pauline thinks Port Arthur was a false flag.
About a decade ago I worked with a bloke who grew up with Martin Bryant, his mum used to babysit him. One day I raised the possibility of the Port Arthur massacre potentially being a False Flag because of the points Hanson raised above, and he looked m dead in the eye and said "Rickman, Marty Bryant could shoot the wings off a fly."

Conspiracy theorists are **** morons. Pauline Hanson is one of the biggest morons.
Except for the fact that pot is a cure cancer, and well everything. That **** is on the money.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

papabear wrote: with a hidden camera without consent it was underhanded.
Really? This is your take away?
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Papa bear must work for sky News.

Thats the angle they've been pushing
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I honestly though that this would be the final stab wound to kill One Nation (which would ultimately just bleed votes into the Fraser Anning ****-show, of course), but according to my redneck Facebook feed, it was all a set up and a conspiracy of the Qatari government, who see One Nation as a major obstacle on the road to the global domination of Islam.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote: March 28, 2019, 8:55 am I honestly though that this would be the final stab wound to kill One Nation (which would ultimately just bleed votes into the Fraser Anning ****, of course), but according to my redneck Facebook feed, it was all a set up and a conspiracy of the Qatari government, who see One Nation as a major obstacle on the road to the global domination of Islam.
You're wrong, according to comments I read this was all set up by the Guardian Australia and a left wing entrapment plot.

I wish I was joking about that being a claim.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

So, the fringe left wing extremist party the Australia Greens have announced:

- The complete termination of Australia's largest export industry over the next ten years ($60bn/year)
- A complete ban on new non-electric cars over the next ten years
- The complete shut down of coal power stations (73% of Australia's power generation) over ten years

This should be good.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... r-stations

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pauline Hanson denies receiving donations from the NRMA :D

Today has been awesome

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

That is a clever way to avoid lying
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Awww, c'mon. No one wanting to defend that crap from the Greens?

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: March 28, 2019, 1:27 pm So, the fringe left wing extremist party the Australia Greens have announced:

- The complete termination of Australia's largest export industry over the next ten years ($60bn/year)
- The complete shut down of coal power stations (73% of Australia's power generation) over ten years

This should be good.

This is the **** that drives me crazy
Greens supporters look at this **** and say “well hey, they’ll never been the ruling party so their insane policies don’t matter”

But then act like we should give a **** about their other polices and pretend they’re a serious party worth merit, and accept in a minority government these people should have a role in the power to dictate the country’s leader

The greens are a totally irresponsible party with policies as insane and ridiculous as any on the extreme right.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote: March 28, 2019, 7:37 pm Awww, c'mon. No one wanting to defend that crap from the Greens?
IMO it just shows that Di Natale has taken them too far to the right.

There's not even any mention on the website of being able to buy Acid at Coles.

You'd then actually have incentive to collect those stickers
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

T_R wrote: March 28, 2019, 7:37 pm Awww, c'mon. No one wanting to defend that crap from the Greens?
Why I can never support the Greens, they have some good ideas but they go way too far, I’ll stick with Reason.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Schifty wrote: March 28, 2019, 7:59 pm
IMO it just shows that Di Natale has taken them too far to the right.

There's not even any mention on the website of being able to buy Acid at Coles.

You'd then actually have incentive to collect those stickers
Now that one I actually support if sold and regulated the same way as alcohol and tobacco :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Since the politics thread is probably the most relevant place on The GH to talk about NBN stuff, I found this highly entertaining:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-29/ ... s/10925254
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pete Evans trying to become the face of medicinal cannabis is a twist I didn't see coming.

He'll be sure to set the movement back 10 years.

Why people who are trying to push the 'medical' angle would get an anti vaxer who believes Sunscreen is a conspiracy I will never know..
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

PigRickman wrote: March 28, 2019, 7:53 pm
T_R wrote: March 28, 2019, 1:27 pm So, the fringe left wing extremist party the Australia Greens have announced:

This should be good.

This is the **** that drives me crazy
Greens supporters look at this **** and say “well hey, they’ll never been the ruling party so their insane policies don’t matter”

But then act like we should give a **** about their other polices and pretend they’re a serious party worth merit, and accept in a minority government these people should have a role in the power to dictate the country’s leader

The greens are a totally irresponsible party with policies as insane and ridiculous as any on the extreme right.
I would say worse. The extreme right treat people like ****. The extreme left treat money like ****.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

gangrenous wrote: March 28, 2019, 5:33 am
papabear wrote: with a hidden camera without consent it was underhanded.
Really? This is your take away?
not my only take away.

Obviously one nation are a joke, I thought that was par for the course.
The NRA are an evil empire, again par for the course.

But imo a hidden camera without consent is dodgy, dodgy journalism and dodgy ethics all around dodgy, made for good tv though.

Unless you are catching someone in a serious crime, doing stuff like that imo is disgusting.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Personally, I don't like the medical angle.

Make weed legal because:-
- People enjoy it.
- It should be taxed and regulated funding govt as opposed to funding criminal organisations.
- You are generally going to have better data and education around legal stuff then illegal stuff.
- It would piss a bunch of morons off.

Are the arguments I like.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

papabear wrote:Personally, I don't like the medical angle.

- People enjoy it.
- It should be taxed and regulated funding govt as opposed to funding criminal organisations.
- You are generally going to have better data and education around legal stuff then illegal stuff.

ignoring the health conversation.
I’m in LA at the moment so just participated in ‘weed tourism’. My wife who is not a smoker, came with me and as we exited the establishment remarked ‘that was impressive and is how it should be done’.

For every person that left, someone was arriving, 95% of the people I saw pulled up, grabbed their product and left immediately. About half the clientele were my age (over 40).

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Treating money like **** is worse than treating people like ****?

Trying to pervert democracy is not a serious crime?

Sounds like you’re okay with legal weed because you’re already on it...
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Let he who hasn't got on the sauce and flown overseas to seek money from a foreign company in exchange for changing our democracy system cast the first stone.

I'll openly admit I've taken money to try change the way the GH is run

As someone on twitter pointed out, if the media went undercover and exposed a terror cell would the same people still be saying "ohh I don't think that was very fair"
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Schifty wrote: April 3, 2019, 7:39 pm Let he who hasn't got on the sauce and flown overseas to seek money from a foreign company in exchange for changing our democracy system cast the first stone.

I'll openly admit I've taken money to try change the way the GH is run

As someone on twitter pointed out, if the media went undercover and exposed a terror cell would the same people still be saying "ohh I don't think that was very fair"
As much of a joke as one nation are and as despicable as the NRA are, they are both different to people who are actively planning to murder innocent people.

1 - Is actively involved in the murder of innocent children and people.
2 - The other is preventing meaningful law reform / gun buy backs / confiscation to assist in preventing further murder of innocent children and people.

Different grades of wrong, warrant different strengths of responses.

I liked the biblical first part of your post though, had a nice flow.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

gangrenous wrote: April 3, 2019, 5:08 pm Treating money like **** is worse than treating people like ****?

Trying to pervert democracy is not a serious crime?

Sounds like you’re okay with legal weed because you’re already on it...
Ganga every person in the political system is trying to pervert democracy to their advantage, if they go to far and commit a crime I suspect they will be charged.

IMO the government plays the role of a ref and money is the scorecard, I prefer governments who understand the rules and applies them properly (even if they treat the players like ****) then a govt who has a great relationship with the players but doesnt know the rules for ****, and everyone is running around like headless chooks. In terms of an actual person, obviously, I think it is more important for people to treat people more important then money, but no not a government.

Then with a classic ganga insult following us having different political opinions. I am going to start taking these as a compliment, imo, your argument is strengthened if you can stay out of the personal stuff, but look if it makes you feel better, lay into me over the internet!! :P
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

- People enjoy it.

Valid arguments. Point 2 is my main reason for it to be legalised.
I’d prefer it to be legal and the taxes to go to something useful, than to some toothless dude rocking a rats tail and a Bin Tang singlet living in Housing Commission named Chaz, who would just spend his tax free cash on either a widescreen tv for Brandine and their 12 kids, or a Mustang for himself
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I see you've met Chaz too, StickStick!

When you see the **** next, tell 'im I want me wrestling VHS's back!!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Lay into you papabear? I feel you may have taken that as more of a personal attack than intended.

Put simply I don’t understand how you come to your political views. We’re clearly very different people.

Although following your latest explanation I think I at least understand what you mean on the money comment. I disagree that the two are mutually exclusive and people always take preference for me.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Whether it’s indirect or direct actions that puts us at greater risk of mass murder of innocents I’m not too fussed in how those who willingly choose those paths are exposed.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

The Politics Thread 2019

Post by gangrenous »

Labor calling the change giving the energy benefit to Newstart recipients a “budget black hole. Saying it’s evidence the budget is falling apart.

Hang on guys, you asked for this change, you got it because it made sense, can you cut the political Bull for two seconds. I mean it’s not like there isn’t plenty of legitimate things to bitch about with these clowns.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Brewdle wrote: April 3, 2019, 5:06 pm

- People enjoy it.

ignoring the health conversation.
I’m in LA at the moment so just participated in ‘weed tourism’. My wife who is not a smoker, came with me and as we exited the establishment remarked ‘that was impressive and is how it should be done’.

For every person that left, someone was arriving, 95% of the people I saw pulled up, grabbed their product and left immediately. About half the clientele were my age (over 40).

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
The more brewdles of this world that enjoy places with legal weed, the worse our place looks and the closer we are to changing it.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

gangrenous wrote: April 4, 2019, 5:45 pm Lay into you papabear? I feel you may have taken that as more of a personal attack than intended.

Put simply I don’t understand how you come to your political views. We’re clearly very different people.

Although following your latest explanation I think I at least understand what you mean on the money comment. I disagree that the two are mutually exclusive and people always take preference for me.

I am a sensitive man.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

gangrenous wrote: April 4, 2019, 6:55 pm Labor calling the change giving the energy benefit to Newstart recipients a “budget black hole. Saying it’s evidence the budget is falling apart.

Hang on guys, you asked for this change, you got it because it made sense, can you cut the political Bull for two seconds. I mean it’s not like there isn’t plenty of legitimate things to bitch about with these clowns.
Tbh just throwing it out there that I disagree with any additional hand outs or increases to Newstart.

Not from a budgetary perspective. From an anecdotal experience perspective the 30 yr old bloke living at home smashing out computer games all day isn’t paying for the electricity that just went up not does he need more cash to upgrade his rig all the time.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Newstart needs to be tightened to the point where unless there are circumstances where finding work isn't possible (rural, can't travel/relocate) then it should be a payment for 12 months maximum
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-TW- wrote:Newstart needs to be tightened to the point where unless there are circumstances where finding work isn't possible (rural, can't travel/relocate) then it should be a payment for 12 months maximum
How could that possibly work?

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

-TW- wrote:Newstart needs to be tightened to the point where unless there are circumstances where finding work isn't possible (rural, can't travel/relocate) then it should be a payment for 12 months maximum
Isn’t it like that anyway? I remember when I had to go on it, I had to state what I intended to do if I was still unemployed after 12 months. Can’t remember all of the options, but serve in the defence force and take up study were two of them.

I always thought the intent was to get me to do something else to get off Newstart?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021