The Politics Thread 2018

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: The Politics Thread 2018

Post by Sossman »

Schifty wrote:Fake email claiming Kerryn Phelps has HIV part of 'dirty tricks' in Wentworth by-election campaign

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-10- ... fmredir=sm

The best part about this story is somebody used an ISP email instead of a throw away gmail/hotmail account so Police can now easily find out who it is without a warrant Image
The emailer is absolute gutter trash.

Also stupid. I'm pretty sure lesbians are the lowest risk group for HIV.

This is a 'gay smear' gone wrong. Goobers.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Sossman wrote: October 17, 2018, 9:10 pm
Schifty wrote:Fake email claiming Kerryn Phelps has HIV part of 'dirty tricks' in Wentworth by-election campaign

The best part about this story is somebody used an ISP email instead of a throw away gmail/hotmail account so Police can now easily find out who it is without a warrant Image

Going after a gay smear in Wentworth also shows great judgement
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Schifty wrote:
Sossman wrote: October 17, 2018, 9:10 pm

Going after a gay smear in Wentworth also shows great judgement
Pretty much a fail on all counts. Will probably produce a swing TO her.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

So you reckon they might trace it back to the Phelps camp then?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

People have been putting buckets of money on Phelps on betting markets.

Then again Hillary was about $1.20 on the Eve or US election.

Anyway this was probably just another administrative error.

p.s. there could be a #Natspill next week to bring Barnaby back as leader :lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Those emails have been going around for years. I get them about once a month. It's from someone who I assume is nuts.

They always bang on about Sydney property, Australians being child molester / dying of AIDS, and the fact that we need to hire Indians.

I really don't think it's an anti gay thing. It's just a genuinely loopy Indian with a mailing list.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Queensland removed abortion from the criminal code last night.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote:Those emails have been going around for years. I get them about once a month. It's from someone who I assume is nuts.

They always bang on about Sydney property, Australians being child molester / dying of AIDS, and the fact that we need to hire Indians.

I really don't think it's an anti gay thing. It's just a genuinely loopy Indian with a mailing list.
From your description it could still be a politician. *checks Google for Politicians with Indian heritage*.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I found a couple in my trash. It's always similar to this:

TR please keep the boardroom tidy after the meeting tomorrow afternoon only.

This is very urgent matter about next week. Inddia has legalised LGBT marriage last week, it has become a civilised nation just like us Australia.

Now employees belong to the Inddian origin won't have problem working with LGBT at all. This is particularly helpful where in Sydney more then 25% of the workforce belong to the LGBT.

TR, you will now start to employ more of the Inddian origin workers, they are First-Class. You cannot employ Arabics, they will be beheaded if they talking to a Gay. You cannot employ Chinese, they will arrest LGBT couples. And you cannot hire the Italian, their government use Mafia to persecute LGBT couples.

And most of all, you cannot hire local Aussies. Most of the local Aussies are Child molesters just like their convict ancestors who commited same crimes and were sent here, Like farther like son. Even their church cover things up, what can you expect? FYI, Hindu religion won't tolerate child abuse. It is far safer to hire people belonging to the Inddian origin then the Aussies child molesting white trash.

TR please do one thing, recommend candidate with Hinddu names only, otherwise if anything bad happened to the LGBT community you could be held responsible. As legal requirement, it is needful that you reply my message to let me know you have got the message or I will have to call you to confirm that.

regards

Anna

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

TR,
Hope you had a nice long week end, very wet recently in NSW.

Next week it is about Wentworth by-election in Sydney. I urge you to vote for Dave Sharma for Wentworth seat. If you have friends living in Sydney Eastern Suburbs, please call them to make sure voting for Dave. If you have employee living in Eastern Suburbs, please sir, give him a raise if he votes for Dave.

Dave Sharma belong to Hindu Brahmin, the highest Varna(AKA caste) in Inddia. Brahmin is like god and Dave will bless Sydney if he is elected, as we know Wentworth division represents the First-Class of Australian society, we need a highest Varna Hindu background candidate to match it, so years later as Dave Sharma becoming the prime minister of Australia he can rule those low class local Aussies without a hitch. He did his graduation in Cambridge University and after he passed out of college he studied medicine in Sydney! you know he is genius and he can certainly do it!

TR, Australian's future belong to people with Inddian background, we need a Prime Minister belong to Inddian Background. Without the help of Inddian community, Australia economy will collapse, Wentworth is the most expensive division in Australia and we cannot make that happening! It's needful that Dave win the election, so he will use his connection to Inddian community to support wentworth and our country!

TR, my name is Jake Martin, I am local Aussie, but today I am completely with Dave! I urge you, Do whatever needful to support Dave, if you see posters belong to other candidates anywhere in or out of station, please do remove them; If you know your workers voting for other candidates, please do fire him. We need to try our be st to insert Dave Sharma into parliament or your business will be doomed, I promise you.

regards

Jake Martin

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

TR,

The whole Australia has failed! Needles are now found in Strawberries, Bananas, even Bread!

Look TR, we cannot go to our departmental stores or super markets. We all know that this is a new striking method for local workers to ask for a raise! They are doing this to threat the management! Bad local workers, Bad!

But hey TR, I wouldn't worry about it. I am doing my food in Indian groceries out of station. Indian stores are safe, they don't put any metals in it. Hindu religion doesn't even hurt animals, how could they hurt human? Oh, also, we have plenty of them in Sydney too.

So this is the thing, not only we should go to Indian groceries instead, but also consider employing workers belong to the Indian descent only. As I told you, they won't make your service/goods injurious to your customer. Indian people has bottom lines, unlike the local Aussies in this food scare case.

Remember TR, don't hire the local Aussies, hire Indian background only. Further to your notice: don't hire Arab terrorists, they would poison your food instead. Don't you know they poison the Lilyfield dog park in Sydney? And Certainly also, don't employ Chinese baby food thieves! They steal every thing in the company! Oh, Also, please don't deal with the Italians too, they are professional con man and every body in Australia hate them!

Please do as I said and you will be fine. I am Angeline and I am local Aussie, I am telling you the truth.

Angeline Woodard

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

And here's the one in the media today. Obviously, the information contained herein is false, and it has been posted only to highlight the absurdity of it etc etc:

hey TR, how is your weekend?

Sorry for this late notice. Kerryn Phelps no longer runs for Wentworth by-e1ection in Sydney. Can you divert your v0te to Dave Sharma instead? It is very urgent, please let your friends know too. Use all your phone, messenger and s0cial media, and show support for Dave Sharma on your faceb00k too.

The v0ting card has been printed already, you will still see her name, but she has already quit, please DO NOT v0te for her, just choose Sharma as your top choice only. Kerryn was diagnosed with HIV yesterday so no chance she will be running for e1ection. Can you please help to remove Kerryn Phelps's poster if you see them because we don't have enough people to clean it up.

TR this is good news, Dave Sharma belongs to Brahmin, he is blessed, and as he will eventually become the Aussie leader, he will bring good luck to this country. Let people belong to Hindu background running the country is better than those white local child m0lesters. Only e1ecting Dave Sharma into office can we make sure Australia will continue to open its door to Indian migrants who are much better then the convicts offsprings.

TR please do one thing, choose Dave Sharma, and show support on your s0cial media, so you are making friends with the government, and you will be rewarded with new business and more benefits. Otherwise if you choose local white, they will be m0lesting your children someday. Some of them are running Childcares, you know who I am talking about.

Thank you a ton on this. And allow me to clarify, I am loca white, NOT Indian descent, do remember this.

Layla Williams

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I've always found these slightly funny, but he's overcooked it this time and broken so many electoral laws that he'll be deeply in the crap if they catch him.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Those Nigerians have a real vendetta with you?

Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

gergreg wrote:Those Nigerians have a real vendetta with you?

Yeah I have never seen emails like that.

Weirdest ****.

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

That's a lot of responsibility TR.. I hope you indeed followed through on all points
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote: October 18, 2018, 7:43 am Those Nigerians have a real vendetta with you?

Nigeria started it.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Ha! Found a couple more. I love this guy.

TR, happy holiday and now back to work again!

My name is Adrika. I am telling you something important: Australian crazy immigration minister Peter Dutton, he want to introducing 100000 people from South Africa to Australia. I am telling you 25% of the people in South Africa have AIDS! More than one quater of them! Go to wikipedia and finding it out yourself!

Peter Dutton, Australian crazy immigration minister, we must fire him! 25% people have AIDS! That means he want introducing 25000 AIDS cases to Australia, most of them will come to Sydney! I also find out 80% of new AIDS cases in NSW are gays, and we just passing laws to allow gay marriage, what the hell is going on!?? Those English politicians want to destroying Australia!

TR, you must wake up, right now! Peter is out of control. First he stops us immigrating from India because we work harder and ask less then locals and so he want keeping Australians lazy, then he want to ruin this land by introducing AIDS from South Africa. You must stop him!!

First, please vote him out of office!

Second, please hire more Indian background workers right now! In Australia have many of us here living here, we are Australian citizens or residents and we have legal rights to work here! So hire us more than any others and once we using out of the immigration quota, Peter Dutton's crazy agenda can be stopped, this is only chance TR!

Please TR, we Indians are clean, there are hardly any AIDS cases among us, and hardly any gay cases so we are keeping the society clean and healthy for Australia, we are much better than those South Africans! Do you want your children to sharing classroom with AIDS kids from South Africa? this is your choice!

Regards, Adrika

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

What is it with you attracting nutjobs TR?
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

T_R wrote: October 18, 2018, 5:37 am Those emails have been going around for years. I get them about once a month. It's from someone who I assume is nuts.

Reading the emails there is definitely an anti gay thing happening as part of the “genuinely loopy Indian”.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote: October 18, 2018, 11:27 am What is it with you attracting nutjobs TR?
Well, Manb...

No.

Too easy a shot.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote: October 18, 2018, 11:30 am
T_R wrote: October 18, 2018, 5:37 am Those emails have been going around for years. I get them about once a month. It's from someone who I assume is nuts.

Reading the emails there is definitely an anti gay thing happening as part of the “genuinely loopy Indian”.
Yeah, I guess there is. Not really his central theme though. Over the years of receiving these things, it's been mostly about pushing people to buy houses in Sydney and hiring Indians.

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Canada’s first day of legal weed and they’ve basically run out of stock :lol:
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Good to see the “Ellis defense” is now gone, how a billion dollar business with their own country was unable to be sued was beyond absurd.
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5708 ... e-defence/
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Phelps by a country mile.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

24% swing.... :shock:
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Edit.

Last edited by Sossman on October 20, 2018, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Schifty wrote:24% swing.... :shock:
Was that swing in your trousers Schifty?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

gangrenous wrote: October 20, 2018, 9:53 pm
Schifty wrote:24% swing.... :shock:
Was that swing in your trousers Schifty?
Probably about the same once Antony Green went on screen to call it.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I’m not as up to speed on this as others, so can someone help me out...

Isn’t this Phelps who won Wentworth a liberal in every sense save for party affiliation?
Ok, so the liberal party lost the seat but unless anyone thinks she’s about to saddle up with the ALP, won’t the colaition government continue on in government with the support of Phelps

I guess what I’m asking is, and it’s a genuine question as I don’t know the answer.. I get a seat has changed hands from LNP to IND. But does this change anything in any real sense?
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Yeah absolutely. She's not left leaning at all. She wont bring down the government.

But she will be a moderating influence as they need her vote.

Its still humiliating for the LNP though. And hopefully she has enough clout in a hung parliament to push for medical evacs from Nauru.
Pigman wrote:I’m not as up to speed on this as others, so can someone help me out...

Isn’t this Phelps who won Wentworth a liberal in every sense save for party affiliation?
Ok, so the liberal party lost the seat but unless anyone thinks she’s about to saddle up with the ALP, won’t the colaition government continue on in government with the support of Phelps

I guess what I’m asking is, and it’s a genuine question as I don’t know the answer.. I get a seat has changed hands from LNP to IND. But does this change anything in any real sense?

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ok, so “maybe” she will be able to get some medical evacs

But Nauru isn’t going anywhere, as I understand it, off shore processing still has bipartisan support and the ALP are very much in the “stop the boats” game

So I dunno, I’m looking at my twitter feed and not really understanding why everyone is so happy. Nothing has changed.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I think it means that both the Liberal and Labor party will be throwing Wentworth a **** of money or infrastructure spending for her allegiance over the next few months? Is that how it works? Maybe more people should start voting for independents? This constant flip flopping between LIB and ALP when it's clear that both sides seem to have lost sight of the reason they are employed is getting pretty tedious.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The main point is that a strong Liberal seat kicked their own party in the balls as a signal they weren’t happy with a combination of:
* the party removing the guy they voted for
* their right wing polices
* their general incompetence

The hope is that the Liberals get the message that there’s a whole bunch of people who want to vote for them, but are sick of the conservative tail wagging the dog and **** things up generally. So the way they could build base is not only through the **** up pandering to the One Nation fan club in southern Qld.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Hasn't been declared yet, as postal votes favour Sharma heavily but a recount of two booths just added about 1000 votes to Phelps lead.

Also this was the safest Liberal seat in the country that had 67% of the 2PP.

It's a direct rejection of this stupid and ludicrous idea that Turnbull had to go because as Bronwyn Bishop put it he is some left wing socialist.

Labor were never a chance in this seat and probably never will be.

You would think LNP will get the message of stop pandering to the far right but...

Also there were rumours of Barnaby Joyce calling for a Nation Spill but SURELY even he can't think that is a good idea......

Btw there will never be a successful no confidence motion, you would need all the cross bench MPs to support it and why would Phelps want to immediately have another campaign.

Also Labor want to go to an election on one being called, not one they forced.

Plus if you don't try force an election you can have fun sending Dutton to the high court..

Julie Banks might move to the cross bench as well now which would free her up to refer Dutton which I'm sure she would love after what happened during that crazy week in Canberra.