The Politics Thread 2018

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: The Politics Thread 2018

Post by gerg »

Katter really deserves his own TV show. He's just amazing. How the **** do people vote for him?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

WHY ARE THEY ALL YELLING?
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

That had everything.

Including Pauline Hanson being an expert on Wildlife and saying he immigration policy has never discriminated.

As someone on twitter said, George Christensen came across as mildly intelligent on that panel.

He also threatened to cross the floor again (We know how that ends)

Also apparently Queensland will now be broken up into two state. I'm actually ok with that.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Does Dutton need to be investigated for every single decision he has made as au pair Minister?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote:Does Dutton need to be investigated for every single decision he has made as au pair Minister?
It would aupair that he does.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

T_R wrote: August 31, 2018, 4:36 pm
gergreg wrote:Does Dutton need to be investigated for every single decision he has made as au pair Minister?
... get out :arrow:
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote: August 31, 2018, 4:36 pm
Ughh.

The one pleasing thing is seeing AFL supremo look like a deer in the headlights during questioning - "not expecting any special treatment". Umm the very act of lobbying Dutton is asking for special treatment, is it not?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

https://twitter.com/alexbhturnbull

Turnbull's son on twitter.

Started off by saying he father tried to fight stupid and lost to stupid and is now telling people to donate to the labor campaign :lol:
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Turnbull joined the party of stupid (and racist). A bit rich for his supporters to be trashing the party for what has been clearly evident since Hewson was rolled as leader.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Well the coup has got even dumbed as now some people from both Dutton and Turnbull's camp believe Morrison's people put votes behind Dutton in the first spill to create more chaos than there actually was and ensure he would win the 2nd leadership ballot...

Seriously how much more crazy can their theories get...
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Doesn’t seem that far fetched... how else do you explain Dutton having enough signatures for a spill and then failing to win the vote otherwise?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

gangrenous wrote: September 3, 2018, 7:28 am Doesn’t seem that far fetched... how else do you explain Dutton having enough signatures for a spill and then failing to win the vote otherwise?

Having Abbott, Abetz and Canberra's number one embarrassment Zed doing your numbers?
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Zed is a literal root vegetable.

#spudlife
Schifty wrote:
gangrenous wrote: September 3, 2018, 7:28 am Doesn’t seem that far fetched... how else do you explain Dutton having enough signatures for a spill and then failing to win the vote otherwise?

Having Abbott, Abetz and Canberra's number one embarrassment Zed doing your numbers?
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's a pretty crafty ploy, ensuring Dutton had enough numbers in the first spill to create instability and him thinking he would have a genuine chance to win

Then Morrison's camp rounds up the numbers from Turnbulls camp and swoops in
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Tom Ballard eulogises Turnbull.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/politi ... 502da.html

52% of the population identify as Christians? Really? I thought it was much lower?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

gergreg wrote: September 8, 2018, 9:53 am https://www.canberratimes.com.au/politi ... 502da.html

52% of the population identify as Christians? Really? I thought it was much lower?
That combines all denominations of which Catholicism was the highest one at 22.6%, for the record Morrisons Pentecostals are 1.1% so all the preachers saying Morrison was a miracle from god and darkness is coming if he’s not re-elected won’t have the same affect here as evangelical leaders praising Trump in America.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

gergreg wrote: September 8, 2018, 9:53 am https://www.canberratimes.com.au/politi ... 502da.html

I imagine a lot of those people would be non-practicing Christians e.g. people raised in a Christian family who do not actively live a Christian life (i.e. do not go to church, pray etc)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

the bone wrote:

I imagine a lot of those people would be non-practicing Christians e.g. people raised in a Christian family who do not actively live a Christian life (i.e. do not go to church, pray etc)
That's what I was thinking
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

There were definitely some that ticked it for believing they were culturally Christian rather than actual believing Christians, would’ve been less than last time with “no religion” the first option on the list for the first time but there would’ve have been some.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Dutton v Quadvlieg. With Quadvlieg having nothing to lose and Dutton's career on the line, this could get messy.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Green eyed Mick wrote: September 11, 2018, 7:09 pm Dutton v Quadvlieg. With Quadvlieg having nothing to lose and Dutton's career on the line, this could get messy.
They should square off at the Colosseum. Quadvlieg with home ground advantage.
And what do you mean it could get messy? It's already resembling the Raiders 2017 and 18 seasons.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

gergreg wrote: September 11, 2018, 7:25 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote: September 11, 2018, 7:09 pm Dutton v Quadvlieg. With Quadvlieg having nothing to lose and Dutton's career on the line, this could get messy.
They should square off at the Colosseum. Quadvlieg with home ground advantage.
And what do you mean it could get messy? It's already resembling the Raiders 2017 and 18 seasons.
Quadvlieg was the head of border force. I suspect he knows plenty of things Dutton and the government would prefer to keep to themselves.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Using Parliament to say he "groomed" someone much younger than him can't end well..

Everyone knows what that implies.

Thing with this is Roman isn't going personal.

Dutton first questioned his mental health and now this..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Well it's not like any MPs have ever had a much younger partner or helped them get a job in 'out of the ordinary' circumstances.

Dutton is digging a massive hole for himself and not in the Dale Kerrigan way.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

gergreg wrote: September 12, 2018, 7:04 am Well it's not like any MPs have ever had a much younger partner or helped them get a job in 'out of the ordinary' circumstances.

Dutton is digging a massive hole for himself and not in the Dale Kerrigan way.

Does he not remember who his Deputy PM was just a few months ago..?

Wonder if he would drop the word "Grooming" for that.

He was getting his partner gigs where she didn't even have log in despite working there for months :lol:
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

ScoMo, Erica Betzy and Nauru Voldemort all squeeling like stuck pigs.

To be fair, the media (or at least the 70% owned by NewsCorp) will crush most of the accusations coming from Quaedvlieg as he isn't exactly of upstanding character himself.

However, I think Roman has so much **** to throw that some will have to stick, potentially after being verified by third parties.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Most of the stuff that is likely to cause real damage is under the cover of 'on water matters'.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Ricky could learn a thing or two about shoving it in our faces.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

or tweeting songs about flashing cash at strippers.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Morrison's pick in Wentworth went out in the first round and now it looks like Phelps could run.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Abbott ran unopposed from pre selection in Warringah and only won 46-38 :lol:

Take a hint!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

****s gotta go.

It’s a black mark on the face of Australia and the people of Warringah that he didn’t get shafted many years ago. People are **** idiots for enabling the wrecker.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Schifty wrote: September 13, 2018, 9:52 pm or tweeting songs about flashing cash at strippers.
God that fiasco has hit me right in a sore point
Why the **** does anyone give a ****... it was a lame attempt to be cool, that's all. But the way certain twitter users of a certain political persuasion (I.E you, you **** knuckle dragging) took to it was embarrassing

I **** guarantee you if that Spineless idiot Shorten used some song as a backdrop to some meaningless social media post, you'd be **** mum on it. It actually made me want to vote for ScoMo more.

Is there we're we are at? Worrying about the extended lyrics of a song pollies use for social media posts?
If so, shut down it all down, we dont need pollies to run the country because we've run out of real problems