Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Re: The Politics Thread 2017

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:What the **** hell are you on about?
Which dot point FACT is incorrect? .. obviously not point 6.

So you are saying this story is a complete fabrication, yea

Why is Kennett a **** ?

Btw no need to be rude.
The dot points are irrelevant. What does any of this have to do with marriage equality?

As for Jeff Kennett, the best I can say about him is he's a corrupt ass.

I would be a lot less cranky if you made any sense. As per my previous posts. I actually don't care what a bunch of **** vote in this ridiculous postal survey. We elect these useless pricks in parliament to take care of legislating and they're more than happy to legislate all sorts of terror theatre or go to war without asking us but when it comes to a simple matter of equality... i get cranky when people make no sense, and you are making 0.
It has a lot to do with marriage equality. These are the people that support SSM and their actions have the potential to drive people away from a YES vote. You especially should be shocked by their actions and any future similar events they will organise.
People being *****, does not mean others should not be given equality, Bay. What the **** is so hard for you to understand about that?

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:

Why is Kennett a **** ?

Btw no need to be rude.
The dot points are irrelevant. What does any of this have to do with marriage equality?

I would be a lot less cranky if you made any sense. As per my previous posts. I actually don't care what a bunch of **** vote in this ridiculous postal survey. We elect these useless pricks in parliament to take care of legislating and they're more than happy to legislate all sorts of terror theatre or go to war without asking us but when it comes to a simple matter of equality... i get cranky when people make no sense, and you are making 0.
It has a lot to do with marriage equality. These are the people that support SSM and their actions have the potential to drive people away from a YES vote. You especially should be shocked by their actions and any future similar events they will organise.
People being ****, does not mean others should not be given equality, Bay. What the **** is so hard for you to understand about that?
Did I state that that it shouldn't ??

Read my reply ... what is so hard for you to understand about that?
I don't post facts
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

Raidersfan wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote: Which dot point FACT is incorrect? .. obviously not point 6.

Why is Kennett a **** ?

Btw no need to be rude.

People being ****, does not mean others should not be given equality, Bay. What the **** is so hard for you to understand about that?
Did I state that that it shouldn't ??

Read my reply ... what is so hard for you to understand about that?
Since you seem to be treating this as if it should affect anyone's vote at all, you obviously believe it should.
This doesn't matter Bay, unless you want to start talking about people running others over in cars

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Raidersfan wrote:
Manbush wrote:Something inherently wrong with the majority voting on if a minority deserves equal rights, when you're the minority would you like the majority to vote if you can have the same rights as everyone else?
Bushy ... Jeff Kennett .. intell please ... you made one of those statements that requires a bit more explanation.

Btw Bushy its called a democracy.
The only comment I made about Kennett was what he said on the video, which I explained at the time.

A democracy doesn't mean voting on giving a minority equal rights. I gather you won't mind then when Christianity is the minority people voting on your rights to do what everyone else can do.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^ Notaro

You have rocks in your head if you don't think this may turn people from the YES vote ... I have read numerous quotes on social media where people have stated exactly that, not just with this particular incident but others as well. If you want a YES vote Id advise you to be concerned.

But yea, you interpret my comments as you wish ... your opinions bother me none.
Last edited by Raidersfan on September 8, 2017, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't post facts
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

Raidersfan wrote:^^^ Notaro

You have rocks in your head fi you don't think this may turn people from the YES vote ... I have read numerous quotes on social media where people have stated exactly that, not just with this particular incident but others as well. If you want a YES vote Id advise you to be concerned.

But yea, you interpret my comments as you wish ... your opinions bother me none.
I believe it might, but certainly I don't think any of the people here are dumb enough to be swayed by that. So why bring it up?

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:

Why is Kennett a **** ?

Btw no need to be rude.

Is Bill Shorten corrupt ?
Is he mentioned in your article?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Raidersfan wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:
Manbush wrote:Did Kennett really use bakers and ring makers as an example of the bad that could happen. Hint, people are not allowed to discriminate against a section of society and refuse to serve them on the basis of race, gender, religion or sexuality, it's not allowed now nor should it be ever allowed. Religious organisations for right or wrong have an exemption from discrimination laws but that's it.
Kennett is a right ****. If you knew half of what he was up to during his career... If he said the sky was blue I'd assume it was actually a shade of yellow.
Pray tell .. reveal your intell on Kennett .. Mr ReligionHater
Manbush ??
I thought you were asking me. I don't hate religion. As for Kennett, well best you did your own research there. You'll find it.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^ reptar
Just asking a question ... in reply to your accusation of Jeff Kennett (ie he was in the video and then you undertake a character assassination)
I don't post facts
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:^^^ Notaro

You have rocks in your head fi you don't think this may turn people from the YES vote ... I have read numerous quotes on social media where people have stated exactly that, not just with this particular incident but others as well. If you want a YES vote Id advise you to be concerned.

I believe it might, but certainly I don't think any of the people here are dumb enough to be swayed by that. So why bring it up?

I doubt the people claiming it swayed them on social media were ever voting yes to begin with. Very little info about what happened seems to be a bit of sensationalism happening.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:

Why is Kennett a **** ?

Btw no need to be rude.

Huh? So a bunch of idiots might cause people to change their minds because they haven't really thought it through to start with? And here i was thinking we were taking about equality, not idiots. Apparently they have a right to exist too.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:
Manbush wrote:Did Kennett really use bakers and ring makers as an example of the bad that could happen. Hint, people are not allowed to discriminate against a section of society and refuse to serve them on the basis of race, gender, religion or sexuality, it's not allowed now nor should it be ever allowed. Religious organisations for right or wrong have an exemption from discrimination laws but that's it.
Kennett is a right ****. If you knew half of what he was up to during his career... If he said the sky was blue I'd assume it was actually a shade of yellow.
Manbush ??
I thought you were asking me. I don't hate religion. As for Kennett, well best you did your own research there. You'll find it.
I understand exactly what you are saying reptar ... people improve and change their views over time
Last edited by Raidersfan on September 8, 2017, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't post facts
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

People wanting a no vote are still promulgating inequality and discrimination against minorities. People wanting a yes vote want the end to inequality and discrimination in our law.

This is a very simple issue. It basically comes down to that.

That's probably a harsh statement... I understand people's religious upbringings and beliefs. But those views are out of touch with modern society. Those beliefs are wrong and treat minorities without respect, kindness or dignity.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:Kennett is a right ****. If you knew half of what he was up to during his career... If he said the sky was blue I'd assume it was actually a shade of yellow.
Manbush ??
I understand what you are saying reptar ... people improve and change their views over time
I'm not talking about views. People can think what they like, it's actions that matter. I trust Kennett's word about as far as I could throw his super sized ego. Plus he's also irrelevant at this point.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

greeneyed wrote:People wanting a no vote are still promulgating inequality and discrimination against minorities. People wanting a yes vote want the end to inequality and discrimination in our law.

That's probably a harsh statement... I understand people's religious upbringings and beliefs. But those views are out of touch with modern society. Those beliefs are wrong and treat minorities without respect, kindness or dignity.
That's a matter of opinion ... many have the same opinion as yours and many don't.
I don't post facts
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^

So reptar how about the opinions and actions of Bill Shorten and Penny Wong when they were in power.
I don't post facts
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

People wanting a no vote are still promulgating inequality and discrimination against minorities. People wanting a yes vote want the end to inequality and discrimination in our law.

Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

greeneyed wrote:People wanting a no vote are still promulgating inequality and discrimination against minorities. People wanting a yes vote want the end to inequality and discrimination in our law.

That's a matter of opinion ... many have the same opinion as yours and many don't.
I don't post facts
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Raidersfan wrote:^^^

So reptar how about the opinions and actions of Bill Shorten and Penny Wong when they were in power.
What about them?
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

reptar wrote:

What about them?
You have an opinion on Kennett ... no opinion on Shorten and Wong ??
I don't post facts
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:

What about them?
No. They weren't involved in disgusting **** that went down in Victoria in the 80s and 90s. Which also has nothing to do with SSM. If you want to know what it was, look into his philanthropy. I'd wish him rot in hell but I don't believe in it. I doubt his conscience worries him.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Raidersfan wrote:

To quote Douglas Adams

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."

It's like anti vaxxers, they're allowed to have an opinion but it doesn't mean it's not demonstrably incorrect.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:

What about them?
No. They weren't involved in disgusting **** that went down in Victoria in the 80s and 90s. Which also has nothing to do with SSM. If you want to know what it was, look into his philanthropy. I'd wish him rot in hell but I don't believe in it. I doubt his conscience worries him.
I am not aware of what Jeff Kennett was involved with in the 80's and 90's (other than the usual politics) although I am aware of what happened in 2008 ... as I said people change.

Can I remind you that Shorten and Wong were not in favour of SSM when in power and did nothing for SSM ... in fact they stated that marriage was between a man and a women ... would you trust them now if the NO vote came up.
Last edited by Raidersfan on September 8, 2017, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't post facts
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Manbush wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:

To quote Douglas Adams

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."

It's like anti vaxxers, they're allowed to have an opinion but it doesn't mean it's not demonstrably incorrect.
I agree Bushy ... and Im quite sure that your opinion is that your opinion is more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others .. do I get the lollies ?
I don't post facts
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Normally not in the habit of trusting politicians but they have stated even if the no vote gets up they will pass it within 100 days if elected. Only reason I'd even slightly trust that election promise is due to what's happening around the western world.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Raidersfan wrote:
Manbush wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:

To quote Douglas Adams

I agree Bushy ... and Im quite sure that your opinion is that your opinion is more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others .. do I get the lollies ?
My personal one may not be :lol:

But you've admitted they don't have exactly the same rights and that's purely due to sexuality, which is the definition of inequality and discrimination.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Manbush wrote:But you've admitted they don't have exactly the same rights and that's purely due to sexuality, which is the definition of inequality and discrimination.
I have stated that rights are essentially the same with very few minor differences of which I don't fully understand. People are not discriminated based on sexuality in this country.

The right to be covered by the Marriage Act is quite frankly the only right that is up for debate. Many have the opinion that the current laws are sufficient and not discriminatory, ie the rights of different unions are the same.

As I have stated previously the Laws of this country identify there are differences in a number of areas. The identification of differences does not imply inferiority, it merely identifies fact

Suffice to say we all have differing opinions on the subject. Dubby and I have been called all things under the sun for having a different opinion. The protestors in Brisbane decided they would protest and take action by hindering those that held a different opinion to theirs.

Most importantly good luck to you reptar if the YES vote comes up and that makes you and your partner happy. I obviously cant understand what it's like to be in your mind and body .. therefore I cant see how a piece of paper is going to make your life any different. Quite frankly I can't understand how a dying and ever failing institution like marriage will make you happy but good luck if that is what you want.

On that note I am off to sleep. With any luck you wont hear from me again on this subject. But if any **** decides they want to soil my name I'm up for it anytime ... I'm looking at you in particular Nickman.
I don't post facts
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If they're not exactly the same... there's discrimination. There's no reason for people's rights to differ.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The fact you typed that out and still don't understand the inequality and discrimination is mind blowing.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'm glad a backed out of this one.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Good morning dubs!
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

reptar wrote:Good morning dubs!
How about me .. don't I get a gm
kik
I don't post facts
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Raidersfan wrote:
reptar wrote:Good morning dubs!
How about me .. don't I get a gm
kik
didn't know you were awake. Good morning!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Boy, I'm glad I got called out specifically! I haven't even engaged in that much name calling!!

Good day to start though I s'pose.... **** ****
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Nickman wrote:Boy, I'm glad I got called out specifically! I haven't even engaged in that much name calling!!

Good day to start though I s'pose.... **** ****
Good morning The Nickman!