Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 21, 2016, 8:44 am

The father has undertaken an interview with Kyle and Jackie - http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv ... 1d1614f91d

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by PigRickman » April 21, 2016, 8:46 am

Raider 85 wrote:The father has undertaken an interview with Kyle and Jackie - http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv ... 1d1614f91d
Cliff notes please? No **** way I'm giving those ***** traffic
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 21, 2016, 9:10 am

Pigman wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:The father has undertaken an interview with Kyle and Jackie - http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv ... 1d1614f91d
Cliff notes please? No **** way I'm giving those **** traffic
Ok.

- He took the kids and believed he was in a better position to raise them due to comments the kids kept making regarding mummy's friend continuing to sleep in her bed;
- He was somewhat aware of the planned kidnapping operation - he could see on his phone or iPad the plans being put in place (iCloud perhaps);
- He decided to drop all charges against the Mum and 60 minutes provided he retained full custody of the children. He ultimately said he felt that 60 minutes were merely doing their jobs. He also showed empathy that the crew themselves had family.
- He flat out denied he has received any money - actually sounded quite genuinely bemused that it's being suggested he received any. Said it was all about the kids and that money for him / his family was never the issue;
- Has not dropped the charges against the child recovery agency because someone/s has to be held responsible for their actions - actions which, amongst other things, have resulted in his mum receiving a head injury from which she's not bleeding internally;
- Has not told the kids what's going on - initially he told the kids that "mummy was just trying to surprise you with a visit and her friends were just a bit rough". Hasn't told them she's been in jail or anything and hasn't let the kids see Mum in hand cuffs nor in jail so as to not freak them out. Has a planned visit with the Mum tomorrow at which he'll tell the kids "look, mum has come to surprise you again".

That's pretty much the gist of it.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by PigRickman » April 21, 2016, 9:18 am

Fair enough.
Sounds like a typical family custody matter
He said, she said.

Men are ALWAYS in court claiming the mum has shady men around all the time that put the kids in danger and it's always disclosed to the dad only haha

We'll probably never know the true story here and sounds like the botched recovery has handed him all the leverage to get the custody issue sorted for good.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 21, 2016, 9:24 am

Pigman wrote:Fair enough.
Sounds like a typical family custody matter
He said, she said.

Men are ALWAYS in court claiming the mum has shady men around all the time that put the kids in danger and it's always disclosed to the dad only haha

We'll probably never know the true story here and sounds like the botched recovery has handed him all the leverage to get the custody issue sorted for good.
The things is, he didn't even suggest the man in the bed was shady. He merely took issue with the kids being privvy to someone else being in the bed that wasn't daddy.

You're right, though - it's a massive he said / she said custody case.

The one thing which annoyed me is that Kyle and Jackie didn't press him on his own crime - that being that Australian courts assigned custody to the Mum which he chose to ignore whilst taking the kids to his country of origin.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by PigRickman » April 21, 2016, 9:25 am

Haha I'm not stunned by that
They love to champion to the piece of **** of the world
I'd imagine they spent the whole time acting like "oh wow! This guy is a great dad and really good bloke! The media has completely misrepresented him!"
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 21, 2016, 9:28 am

Mate, to be honest, that's exactly how the interview played out and concluded.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by PigRickman » April 21, 2016, 10:05 pm

I saw an interview with this guy tonight on the Project
he was questioned about what the kids thought about the abduction attempt and he said "the kids said to me "daddy, why is sally... urrr i mean mean Mummy"

said it all to me, tbh. **** that guy.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 22, 2016, 9:41 am

Jesus, he's getting around a bit. I thought his interview with Kyle and Jackie was - dare I say it - an exclusive that was not likely to occur again.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by PigRickman » April 22, 2016, 9:47 am

No it appears as if he's doing a full press tour
I've got no idea why. Why does he care what the Australia public think of him

It's particularly insulting that he says he broke no laws because he and his wife are still married, like that gives him the right to move them across the world without the mothers ok.

Also when quizzed about their contact with the mother he explained it's made easier for the kids to understand why they never talk to her or see here because of the time difference. **** off, ****. You removed the kids in a dodgey manner, at least make an effort to make the kids available for Skype or what ever so mum can stay in their lives

I wouldn't piss on this **** if he was on fire. Absolute dirt bag, and shame on C9 for putting her in this position where she basically has to give up her kids to avoid jail.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 22, 2016, 10:09 am

He's a real piece of work this bloke.

I particularly love the "it's all about the kids" line which he keeps trotting out. **** off to another country, denies the kids their right to have a mum in their lives, yet it's all about the kids.

Ok, champ.

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6945
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by gergreg » April 22, 2016, 10:11 am

Dare I say if he had stayed in Australia he would be receiving the exact same treatment that he is currently dishing up. Probably on a larger scale.
Shoving it in your face since 2017

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 22, 2016, 10:13 am

Gerg wrote:Dare I say if he had stayed in Australia he would be receiving the exact same treatment that he is currently dishing up. Probably on a larger scale.
Sorry?

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6945
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by gergreg » April 22, 2016, 10:20 am

If the wife had run off to say the Broome with the children and he went and tried to kidnap the children, he would now be sitting in lockup, probably facing up to 5 years in prison, at a guess. He would then spend the next 15 + years (however old the children are) paying child support to children he would have extremely limited visitation rights to, probably under the supervision of the police.
Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by PigRickman » April 22, 2016, 11:00 am

If the wife ran off to Broome, the matter would never require abduction attempts
Family court would sort the matter out (in their dear sweet time of course)
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 22, 2016, 11:26 am

Gerg wrote:If the wife had run off to say the Broome with the children and he went and tried to kidnap the children, he would now be sitting in lockup, probably facing up to 5 years in prison, at a guess. He would then spend the next 15 + years (however old the children are) paying child support to children he would have extremely limited visitation rights to, probably under the supervision of the police.
I'm not one much for hypotheticals. I'd prefer to discuss what's in front of us - that is, this country's legal system assigned custody to one parent. The other parent then broke the law and shipped himself and his children off to his country of origin knowing full well its legal system would support his future father endeavours.

Lo and behold, he's got his wish and the kids will now live out their lives without their mum.

It's all about the kids though, right?

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24599
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Manbush » April 22, 2016, 2:09 pm

Obviously all about the kids, the quality of life over there is so much better than they could have had here.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6945
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by gergreg » April 23, 2016, 2:33 am

Raider 85 wrote:
Gerg wrote:If the wife had run off to say the Broome with the children and he went and tried to kidnap the children, he would now be sitting in lockup, probably facing up to 5 years in prison, at a guess. He would then spend the next 15 + years (however old the children are) paying child support to children he would have extremely limited visitation rights to, probably under the supervision of the police.
I'm not one much for hypotheticals. I'd prefer to discuss what's in front of us - that is, this country's legal system assigned custody to one parent. The other parent then broke the law and shipped himself and his children off to his country of origin knowing full well its legal system would support his future father endeavours.

Lo and behold, he's got his wish and the kids will now live out their lives without their mum.

It's all about the kids though, right?
C'mon, lets not pretend that men in this country (and many others) don't get the rough end of the pineapple when relationships break down. I'm not in anyway suggesting that what he did was right or fair, particularly for the children, all I'm trying to suggest is that so often the exact opposite happens. ie. women take advantage of the law as it applies in this country and screw over the ex.
Shoving it in your face since 2017

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 23, 2016, 3:19 am

Gerg wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:
Gerg wrote:If the wife had run off to say the Broome with the children and he went and tried to kidnap the children, he would now be sitting in lockup, probably facing up to 5 years in prison, at a guess. He would then spend the next 15 + years (however old the children are) paying child support to children he would have extremely limited visitation rights to, probably under the supervision of the police.
I'm not one much for hypotheticals. I'd prefer to discuss what's in front of us - that is, this country's legal system assigned custody to one parent. The other parent then broke the law and shipped himself and his children off to his country of origin knowing full well its legal system would support his future father endeavours.

Lo and behold, he's got his wish and the kids will now live out their lives without their mum.

It's all about the kids though, right?
C'mon, lets not pretend that men in this country (and many others) don't get the rough end of the pineapple when relationships break down. I'm not in anyway suggesting that what he did was right or fair, particularly for the children, all I'm trying to suggest is that so often the exact opposite happens. ie. women take advantage of the law as it applies in this country and screw over the ex.
Oh, I'm not pretending anything, mate.

I've no doubt your assertion has some merit. I'd just prefer to judge these things case by case. And, in terms of this one, I've made up my mind as to how I feel about it.

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6945
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by gergreg » April 23, 2016, 4:40 am

Case by case? She should have known about the laws for that particularly country and had some smarts about her before she agreed to let her children go to that country. This is actually such a common occurrence that there are warnings about this very issue on the Smartraveller website.
Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12793
Joined: February 25, 2008, 3:02 pm
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Begbie » April 23, 2016, 4:53 am

I'm extremely disappointed Tara is out and about. We all know what she was up,to in Lebanon. The only reason she got home is because a brown paper bag was forwarded to someone. No?

Professor
Steve Walters
Posts: 7434
Joined: August 13, 2008, 3:39 pm
Favourite Player: Bae
Location: Canberra

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Professor » April 23, 2016, 8:09 am

Begbie wrote:I'm extremely disappointed Tara is out and about. We all know what she was up,to in Lebanon. The only reason she got home is because a brown paper bag was forwarded to someone. No?
Both that and agreement from the mum that she would drop the custody charges.

User avatar
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16308
Joined: March 14, 2010, 4:00 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Charges laid for botched kidnapping in Lebanon

Post by Schifty » April 23, 2016, 8:51 am

So some bloke was taking the piss and posted this ""Nine CEO Mick Gatto refused to comment on the situation""

https://twitter.com/struct/status/723117824374251520

Then this happened :lol:

Channel 9 asked Mick Gatto and associate for help in Beirut http://www.theage.com.au/national/60-mi ... oclgl.html

This is insanity

Post Reply