Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Schifty »

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre will ask the NSW Premier's department to retract its claim that the centre's research lay behind its #stonersloth anti-marijuana social media campaign which is going viral for all the wrong reasons.

The campaign, which depicts a stoned sloth failing in class and messing up at the dinner table, is being mercilessly ridiculed by social media users. Many are predicting that because sloths are cool among young people, the campaign character may be perceived as more loveable than pitiable and it will have the opposite effect of steering young people away from marijuana.

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/stoner-sloth-an ... lrjzh.html

Edit: Stoner Sloth has gone global, seeing articles from around the world making fun of it :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I notice that the article fails to report that the sloth appears to be cancer free as well
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

If you want to stop young people using drugs don't treat them like idiots. Educate them, rather than deliberately mislead them and their parents with dishonest campaigns like this one.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Salim Mehajer could face up to 10 years in jail after allegedly forging documents to rig the 2012 Auburn council election.

STORY: http://yhoo.it/1OfE5uq

#7News
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Sensational! Such a douche
T_R
Don Furner

Re: The Politics Thread 2015

Post by T_R »

Bumped.

Since we're having a bit of a nostalgic time in the Lime Lounge, I present to you pages 3-8 of this thread, featuring MB's drug debate with the good doctor Zaius.

Pop on a cuppa, grab a Timtam, sit down and enjoy.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha, this has been an amazing trek back through time! The more things change...
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Just re-read it
My god that was a savage **** beating
The good doctor should be in jail for what he did to manbush in that "debate"
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Well since someone else brought up drugs :)

If the government insists on a postal survey to see people's opinions on marriage equality they should add more issues, get more bang for their buck.

#should cannabis be decriminalized
#should religious businesses and charities be treated the same as non religious businesses and charities
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

To know you is to love you, MB :D

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Manbush would be glad to know that a trial of medical marijuana has been rolled out through the major children's hospitals on the eastern seaboard for kids with intractable epilepsy. I know three kids accepted into the study.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Must taste bad to realise that Manbush knows more about medical science than you do, Doc
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:Must taste bad to realise that Manbush knows more about medical science than you do, Doc
LOL, that's exactly how I'm viewing this process.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

How many years did you study at a fancy university only to be trumped by a stoner with a black belt in google??
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I know right? University of Sydney. Australia's oldest, and obviously dodgiest university. I'm such a fraud.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Nothing you can't learn on Page 8 of a google search, I'd wager
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

It doesn't say specifically what that GP is trying to prescribe cannabis for. I will say however he is way outside his scope of practice if he is trying to prescribe it to a child with intractable epilepsy, and the government is acting approximately in stopping him. He shouldn't be doing anything for that child's epilepsy outside of issuing scripts for what has already been prescribed by the child's paediatric neurologist. As for the child in question, they should probably just have that discussion with their child's neurologist. They are from Brisbane and I know for a fact that Lady Cilento are actively recruiting for the trial.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Dr Zaius wrote:I know right? University of Sydney. Australia's oldest, and obviously dodgiest university. I'm such a fraud.
......... did you really need to?