What will the world look like in 50 years?

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: What will the world look like in 50 years?

Post by dubby »

Yknow, there are black Christians.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Poor Christians. Constantly under attack from people who choose to think for themselves.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

What will the world look like in 50 years?

Post by Botman »

If there is a more persecuted group of people than Christian's in western civilisation, then I haven't seen it!
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Look at the most powerful country in the World America.

If you don't claim to be at least a Christian you won't get the Democratic nomination, mean while over the Republicans it is a case of who is the biggest super Christian.

In their last campaign we had 3 or 4 separate candidates who all claimed they talked to Jesus and told them they have to be the next president, which goes to show Jesus love a few wines and some drunken texting.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Great example of Christianity, marko
It's as genuine as my love for the broncos
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Green eyed Mick wrote:Poor Christians. Constantly under attack from people who choose to think for themselves.
Mick this is how you demonstrate hypocrisy ad nauseum.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Look guys, I'm kinda breaking a solemn vow I made, not to engage in these threads.... Simply because it's a poor way of communication. It only ends up going in circles.
It's great that we can discuss and debate these issues. Australia is great for that, at least!

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

1.2 million people die as a result of car crashes around the world each year. If roads were to become fully automated this would decrease that number dramatically.

Google has already developed a self driving car and Mercedes has developed a self driving truck.

It is predicted that within 15 years our roads will be predominantly operated by self driving cars and much the same as ordering an Uber you will order your Google car.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Pigman wrote:If there is a more persecuted group of people than Christian's in western civilisation, then I haven't seen it!
Gingers?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

On religion (I'll avoid any rants in this thread) I'd have to agree with Dubby but take it even further, all mainstream religions will be on deaths door in the west not just Abrahamic ones, personal spirituality and humanism will be the dominant beliefs, will still be strong in the countries with poor education system as it is today.

Annnd drugs, a lot will be legalised and there'll be a lot more targeting certain characteristics, some technology based, be it getting off by inserting a chip or energy wave directly into the brain.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Id just like to point out that i enjoy dubbys debate on the religion topic. Hes happy to give his opinion and hear others opinions without turning to insults. Its refreshing even if he is a jerk from the jerk store
Dont delete this GE
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Agree Simo, the only problem I have with discussing religion with Dubby though is he's a good bloke so I behave, much more fun discussing it with an ****.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

The Raiders will still be rebuilding.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Thanks, gents.

The feeling is mutual towards you.

Being a **** about things doesn't help anyone. That's one thing I learned by being in the jerk store

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Don't worry, dubs. I still think you're a ***
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

You're the jerk store manager.

King of jerks.
Lord jerk of jerkworld
The jerkiest jerk that ever jerked

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ok now, settle down. Might be time for a nap, you're clearly overexcited.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Just had a call from the jerkstore, it turs out theyre out of nickmans
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote:Just had a call from the jerkstore, it turs out theyre out of nickmans
Well that's hardly going to bother anybody considering you're... their... all... time... best... seller.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Back on topic please
Dont delete this GE
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

simo wrote:Just had a call from the jerkstore, it turs out theyre out of nickmans
That made me laugh

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:Ok now, settle down. Might be time for a nap, you're clearly overexcited.
Jerk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
That made me laugh
Well, that confirms it: sorry simo, it wasn't funny.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Settle down in here
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Twas only a matter of time before Dr Jerk showed up
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Don't you have some barely legal teens to pay?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Maybe on my 50th, save it for special occasions :lol:
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Didn't seem to fit in anywhere else.
They can now hold a flag. A whistle can't be far away. "Your eyes are painted on ref!".

The ability to plant crops is very cool.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

They've started making headway with the mad monday versions as well:

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

World full of eunuchs and angry woman who hate men and men who hate men, full of narcisstic Instagram self absorbed ****, thank **** I'll be dead.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Wiped out by the next virus china wants to spread around the world.
This place is woke.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’ve come to the realisation lately, if we do find ourselves heading into a Mad Max or Walking Dead style planet, I’m going to be one of the first to go.

It’s been annoying enough going through this pandemic, let alone all the fighting for survival. Ain’t nobody got time for that!

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 25, 2021, 9:44 pm I’ve come to the realisation lately, if we do find ourselves heading into a Mad Max or Walking Dead style planet, I’m going to be one of the first to go.

It’s been annoying enough going through this pandemic, let alone all the fighting for survival. Ain’t nobody got time for that!

"Two days ago I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You wanna get out of here? Talk to me."

Man that'd be a huge silver lining for me. I've always wanted to say that while wearing torn leathers and holding a sawn off.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

🤣🤣
This place is woke.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I could see how it turns out.

Botman rocking the Road Warrior makeup, ruling the camp with an iron fist

GE’s wise blind man. Guiding the camp with extracts from the book of Meninga.

Q living in a humpy outside of the camp. Occasionally appearing to abuse someone and grab some food.

Peej and Boner guarding the gates, rocking the S&M getup.

Alphabet’s roasting on the spit, after having one too many arguments with Bot over the direction of the camp.

TR’s become some form of deity that walks the earth

Dubs and I just sitting in the corner pondering whether or we should just go
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021