Re: Terrorist attacks

Post by T_R » March 19, 2019, 6:43 am

gergreg wrote:
March 19, 2019, 6:40 am
T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote:
March 19, 2019, 6:16 am
T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote:Haha, things are pretty **** desperate when you start claiming victory on the internet over grammar.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Back to making up arguments? You took offence at being compared to Anning. I explained that I had in fact constrasted him to you.

You're just being obstreperous, and it's boring to me.
You won the internet grammar award for the day now you're making a run for the ridiculously obscure word award, and you managed to use it in a sentence. Aren't you just the cleverest person on the internet? Let's just cut to what you're trying to achieve here - you have a higher education than me - congratulations.
I honestly don't think my description of the events that took place are that unrealistic or biased but you want to argue over grammar rather than the content? If this discussion bores you then why don't you ignore it? Why have you singled out me for this nonsense when others are freely commenting on the matter, on the social media, media and political aspects?

With all due respect, you've lost the plot. The only grammar reference I made was to the fact that you misinterpreted my comment, and I assumed you had done so deliberately. The obsession since has been entirely your own.

What are you talking about obscure words?? Do you mean 'obstreperous'? Obscure? My 11 year old had it in his bloody spelling words for homework last year. If you think I'm being clever by using primary school vocab, that's on you, too.

This conversation has more than run its course. Have a good day.
Of course. We use obstreperous regularly in the T_R household, but probably about 4 times a half when I'm rubbing elbow patches with my colleagues at a Brumbies vs Reds game - in the Corporate box I should add.

Have a good day, Gergreg

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

gergreg
Steve Walters

Post by gergreg » March 19, 2019, 6:55 am

T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote:
March 19, 2019, 6:40 am
T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote:
March 19, 2019, 6:16 am
T_R wrote: Back to making up arguments? You took offence at being compared to Anning. I explained that I had in fact constrasted him to you.

You're just being obstreperous, and it's boring to me.
You won the internet grammar award for the day now you're making a run for the ridiculously obscure word award, and you managed to use it in a sentence. Aren't you just the cleverest person on the internet? Let's just cut to what you're trying to achieve here - you have a higher education than me - congratulations.
I honestly don't think my description of the events that took place are that unrealistic or biased but you want to argue over grammar rather than the content? If this discussion bores you then why don't you ignore it? Why have you singled out me for this nonsense when others are freely commenting on the matter, on the social media, media and political aspects?

With all due respect, you've lost the plot. The only grammar reference I made was to the fact that you misinterpreted my comment, and I assumed you had done so deliberately. The obsession since has been entirely your own.

What are you talking about obscure words?? Do you mean 'obstreperous'? Obscure? My 11 year old had it in his bloody spelling words for homework last year. If you think I'm being clever by using primary school vocab, that's on you, too.

This conversation has more than run its course. Have a good day.
Of course. We use obstreperous regularly in the T_R household, but probably about 4 times a half when I'm rubbing elbow patches with my colleagues at a Brumbies vs Reds game - in the Corporate box I should add.

Have a good day, Gergreg
You too T_R. Maybe tomorrow we can discuss your comment on there being little difference between the two party's asylum seeker policy rather than this nonsense. It doesn't have to touch on this recent tragedy in any way.

Shoving it in your face since 2017

gergreg
Steve Walters

Post by gergreg » March 19, 2019, 7:15 am

Three dead in the Netherlands: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/world/ ... 515aj.html

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Botman » March 19, 2019, 7:39 am

:lol:
what a tremendous exchange over night
gergreg wrote:
March 18, 2019, 8:24 pm
I don't see one good party and one bad party. I see one party that is a self serving pack of **** and one that is slightly worse. Of course I'm going to support the one I think is least worse.
This in particular got a solid giggle out of me.
I don't know (or care) whether this statement is true, but i can tell you NOTHING about how you engage in politics in this thread gives this impression. You're as ardent a supporter of the ALP as any, and all you seem to do is **** on the LNP (and rightly so i might add) and lap up anything the other side have to say (Despite the fact there is near bipartisan support for the issue that seems to most concern you).

Your postings here do not portray a man who believes both parties are *****. Not even a little bit :lol:
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

gergreg
Steve Walters

Post by gergreg » March 19, 2019, 10:43 am

PigRickman wrote:Image
what a tremendous exchange over night
gergreg wrote:
March 18, 2019, 8:24 pm
I don't see one good party and one bad party. I see one party that is a self serving pack of **** and one that is slightly worse. Of course I'm going to support the one I think is least worse.
This in particular got a solid giggle out of me.
I don't know (or care) whether this statement is true, but i can tell you NOTHING about how you engage in politics in this thread gives this impression. You're as ardent a supporter of the ALP as any, and all you seem to do is **** on the LNP (and rightly so i might add) and lap up anything the other side have to say (Despite the fact there is near bipartisan support for the issue that seems to most concern you).

Your postings here do not portray a man who believes both parties are ****. Not even a little bit Image
FWIW, Ironically while I seemingly, staunchly defend the ALP and T_R defends the LIBs neither of us vote for the two majors. I am generally a Greens voter but I think last election I actually voted for Turnbull because I didn't mind him and the way he operated.

Edit: and thank you for your support. I seem to bring out the best/worst in people on this site for some reason and I really don't like it. I'm not this argumentative in person, so I think I just need to stick to the league forums.

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush » March 21, 2019, 8:53 am

Had a guilty chuckle. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens