One signal will put an end to all religions

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Manbush »

Hillsong is the easy one, some of the profits go to the extravagant lifestyle of their leaders who live more like playboys than the way one would expect of religious leaders.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Fair enough. I'm not going to pretend to know much about Hillsong or its leaders. It's not my thing.

If their leaders are ripping off their congregation and living the high life it's not the type of thing I want to be involved with.
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Post by IronRaiden »

T_R wrote:But we're still relying on 2000 year old quotes, it seems

And you've just refuted the point you thought you made in the first post, 14 pages ago.

Great thread.
Care to explain how I've refuted my own point?
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

IronRaiden wrote:

And you've just refuted the point you thought you made in the first post, 14 pages ago.

Great thread.
Really? Id have thought it was obvious.

Page 1: Here's a technological leap of discovery that will end all religions forever!

Page 14: Here's a list of equivalent technological leaps of discovery that absolutely failed to put so much as a dent into any religions at all!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

T_R wrote:
IronRaiden wrote:

Great thread.

Page 1: Here's a technological leap of discovery that will end all religions forever!

Page 14: Here's a list of equivalent technological leaps of discovery that absolutely failed to put so much as a dent into any religions at all!
you have more chance convincing people their religions are wrong than convincing ir hes wrong. Despite all facts, some people are just a bit too touched in the head to listen
Dont delete this GE
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

T_R wrote:
IronRaiden wrote:

Great thread.

No dent eh?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... dance.html
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1189 ... on-recedes
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-mcs ... 86016.html
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=reli ... pgodSv0Aag
http://www.churchleadership.org/apps/ar ... umnid=4545

I could site a thousand more articles and research papers that all point in the same direction, church attendance, regardless of the denomination is in decline. This equates to less and less people believing in their so called gods.

If you truly think that science has had no effect on the way people perceive religion and the vast list of debunked claims, than I think you fall into that category of people simple simo is talking about.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Im sure you're right, IR.

This thread is just sensational.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote:Christian god is the same as jewish god. Just has an extra few chapters. Basically , the jews believe in everything up until the order of the pheonix and christians believe it right through the deathly hallows
Sorry, but this requires more recognition than it originally got!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

yes, yes it does.... :)
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

T_R wrote:Im sure you're right, IR.

This thread is just sensational.
I'm sure I'm right TR.

Thanks for contributing to a sensational thread.
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

Speaking of jews - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arade.html

I'm sure the deeply religious man who killed her feels justified in his actions. God bless god.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

IronRaiden wrote:Speaking of jews - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arade.html

I'm sure the deeply religious man who killed her feels justified in his actions. God bless god.
How the **** does this have anything to do with God??
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Steinberger is rolling in his synagogue
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

To be fair didn't God say something about stoning a man who sleeps with another man, stabbing their supporters is close enough.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

No, the Bible said that. The Bible was written thousands of years ago and is full of all kind of confusing ****. Some of it was probably applicable back then.

They really should update it for the 21st century.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

The Nickman wrote:No, the Bible said that. The Bible was written thousands of years ago and is full of all kind of confusing ****. Some of it was probably applicable back then.

or at least move it to the fiction section
Dont delete this GE
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:No, the Bible said that. The Bible was written thousands of years ago and is full of all kind of confusing ****. Some of it was probably applicable back then.

The bible is meant to be the word of God though.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote:

Yeah, written by men, several thousand years ago.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Did I say subscribe? I meant unsubscribe.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

The Nickman wrote:
Manbush wrote:

Yeah, written by men, several thousand years ago.
Yeh see this is where it all falls down, its either the word of god or its not,

In some ways I have more respect for Dubby's views who takes it as gospel and is happy to defend them than those that pick and choose bits they like just in case.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

But dubby does only pick and choose the bits he like though, just like every other religious person who follows the bible

I think it would be impossible to take the whole thing as gospel in this day and age, SB
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Than why bother....
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Why indeed....
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

You can't just pick and choose which of Gods words you want to follow, surely man does not have the right to say which of Gods laws are applicable now.
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

The Nickman wrote:
IronRaiden wrote:Speaking of jews - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arade.html

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

IronRaiden wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
It's a metaphor. What God actually meant was 2 men shouldn't be allowed to get married because children need a mother and a father and people will want to marry animals and then polygamy, hurricanes and Obama.
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
IronRaiden wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

It's a metaphor. What God actually meant was 2 men shouldn't be allowed to get married because children need a mother and a father and people will want to marry animals and then polygamy, hurricanes and Obama.
You've obviously confused Leviticus 20:13 with BarkingMadBernardi 01:01
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

IronRaiden wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

How does a man put his todger into another man's vagina?
Last edited by Dr Zaius on August 4, 2015, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

With plenty of lube, doc.

Plenty of lube.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

How come ***** is **** out?
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Because its a very naughty word. Please use fireman from now on
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote:How come ***** is **** out?
Unfortunately, some people used the word in ways that are inappropriate for a G, at worst M, rated footy forum, and it is a lot easier for the moderators this way.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

But **** and **** aren't?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It would appear they are
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Im confused.