One signal will put an end to all religions

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 21, 2015, 10:07 am

When the first message from an alien civilisation is received, there's a good chance that it will come via the NSW radio telescope that featured in The Dish.

The Parkes Telescope is co-starring in a new, $US100 million ($135 million), 10-year mission to discover whether humanity is alone in the universe.

The 'Breakthrough Initiative', entirely funded by Russian billionaire Yuri Milner and launched in London on Monday by physicist Stephen Hawking, is by far the biggest and most comprehensive search for alien intelligence ever attempted.

Parkes, along with the Green Bank telescope in West Virginia, USA, will point at the million stars closest to the Earth and the 100 closest galaxies, and listen for telltale 'bumps' in the signal that could mean alien technology is at work.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-te ... igp4p.html


The detection of one signal of extra-terrestrial origin will pull the floor out from under each and every religious book every written and prove once and for all that there are no bearded sky fairies, no heaven, no hell, no Muhammad and that the notion of "gods" are a construct of man and do not exist.

A signal from another species will prove that we are not the result of some celestial beings science experiment, but are in fact the result of a process that occurs commonly throughout the universe. It will prove that we are not special, that we are not made and that we are not the supreme beings we think we are. It will prove that we are one of many and that our place on this cosmos while still ours to decide is not being judged or driven or planned out by some celestial father figure. And it will also prove that we are not alone and won't that be a very, very good thing.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24636
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions.

Post by Manbush » July 21, 2015, 10:58 am

Can't see it killing religion they'd find a way to explain it like the classic " God works in mysterious ways".
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15828
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions.

Post by T_R » July 21, 2015, 11:05 am

There is absolutely no way it would spell the end of religion. Existing religions will most definitely find a way to account for alien life; hell, we'll probably see a heap of new religions start up.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 21, 2015, 11:33 am

Every current religion works on the same premise, that their teachings are right and their being made us and the world we live on.

Finding a signal from another species proves they are all wrong and that our existence is not the result of anything other than the common and repeatable processes of accretion and evolution.

It is the end game for all religious beliefs. People will still be free to believe what they want, but this will prove their beliefs are wrong and that 95% of the population of the planet are wrong.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15828
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by T_R » July 21, 2015, 11:46 am

Most of them taught that the world was flat, which ended when we sailed around it. Others taught that heaven was physically located above the clouds, which lasted only till we learned to fly.

Religions adapt.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24636
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Manbush » July 21, 2015, 12:00 pm

Yep TR, if the Vatican can accept evolution they'll accept alien life. The need to believe is a powerful thing among people hence why religion is still around today despite science.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 21, 2015, 12:07 pm

How would they adapt to their premise being proven fundamentally wrong? Religions are nothing but theories and when a theory is proven wrong it is cast aside. That is the very nature of education and learning.

Much of which I learnt at school is no longer valid. For example, Pluto is not a planet but there are other planets orbiting other suns. The universe will not stop expanding. There is life at the bottom of the ocean.

And when we do prove one theory over another that theory is cast aside, for example the discovery of the Higgs Boson proved the standard model of matter is the correct one.

Once we prove how we came to be, ie via a process, all other theories can and will be cast aside.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24636
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Manbush » July 21, 2015, 12:10 pm

You're putting rational thought where it doesn't exist IR
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10058
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by gangrenous » July 21, 2015, 12:13 pm

Just proves God has other projects on the go.

Explains why he hasn't dropped by in 2000 years.

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30745
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by dubby » July 21, 2015, 12:14 pm

T_R wrote:There is absolutely no way it would spell the end of religion. Existing religions will most definitely find a way to account for alien life; hell, we'll probably see a heap of new religions start up.
There are already reasonable opinions about this.

But this sticks in my mind ;
Even if we assumed life existed somewhere else in the universe, a visit by extraterrestrials to earth, such as is claimed in UFO reports, seems completely impracticable, if not impossible. The distances (and therefore the likely travel times) are unimaginably vast.

The closest star to the earth, Proxima Centauri (a-Centauri C) is 40.7 million million kilometers (approximately 25 million million miles) away. The Apollo flights took three days to get to the moon. At the same speed, one would need 870,000 years to get to the nearest star. Of course, one could accelerate (particularly unmanned) probes to a greater speed.

At the incredible speed of one-tenth the speed of light, the trip, one way would still take 43 years. However, one would need enormous amounts of energy for such an acceleration, roughly equivalent to the electricity consumption of the entire world's population for one month.

The bible doesn't really deny or affirm other species. Why would it? It was written for inhabitants of earth.

I can't speak for Islam, Hindu, Shinto, Buddhism, or even explicitly for Judaism and Christianity. I'm no expert on these religions, and neither are you.
Your assumption is bordering on ridiculous. While it's exciting we've come close to Pluto, remember that in the 9 years the craft travelled there, not one time has it encountered a ufo, or detected any form of life.
And again, take note of the distance to our nearest star. Bloody unlikely anything will ever reach it.
Image

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30745
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by dubby » July 21, 2015, 12:14 pm

T_R wrote:Most of them taught that the world was flat, which ended when we sailed around it. Others taught that heaven was physically located above the clouds, which lasted only till we learned to fly.

Religions adapt.
Actually, scientists believed it was flat too.
Image

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15828
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by T_R » July 21, 2015, 12:19 pm

Everyone did. Religions and science both adapt to new realities.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10058
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by gangrenous » July 21, 2015, 12:23 pm

dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:Most of them taught that the world was flat, which ended when we sailed around it. Others taught that heaven was physically located above the clouds, which lasted only till we learned to fly.

Religions adapt.
Actually, scientists believed it was flat too.
Actually, science proved it wasn't, where religion never would have.
Last edited by gangrenous on July 21, 2015, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10058
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by gangrenous » July 21, 2015, 12:25 pm

dubby wrote: Your assumption is bordering on ridiculous. While it's exciting we've come close to Pluto, remember that in the 9 years the craft travelled there, not one time has it encountered a ufo, or detected any form of life.
That's like saying I encountered no one on my walk from my bed to the front door, therefore no other people inhabit earth.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24636
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Manbush » July 21, 2015, 12:25 pm

Your talk of technology Dubby assumes aliens would be at our point in science instead of more advanced, I'm guessing there'd be civilizations much more advanced and some less advanced than us. Humans have already come up with theories on how to travel faster than present, hell even theories on how time travel could be possible.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9176
Joined: May 20, 2008, 2:50 pm

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Shadow Boxer » July 21, 2015, 1:51 pm

Religion relies on magic, there are not enough hydrogen molecules in existence to create a great flood covering the earth.

As if the deluded would change their views based on logical proof, they already have plenty.
Image

Wiggy
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1520
Joined: June 5, 2007, 9:06 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Belconnen

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Wiggy » July 21, 2015, 2:26 pm

There are bibles literalists who claim for the bible to be true (which they believe 100%), the world must be flat and unmoving and all the heavens above move around the earth.

The fact that the earth has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be a sphere hasn't shaken their belief. They just convince themselves that all the evidence is some sort of global conspiracy.

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30745
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by dubby » July 21, 2015, 2:27 pm

gangrenous wrote:
dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:Most of them taught that the world was flat, which ended when we sailed around it. Others taught that heaven was physically located above the clouds, which lasted only till we learned to fly.

Religions adapt.
Actually, scientists believed it was flat too.
Actually, science proved it wasn't, where religion never would have.
Not up to the church to prove it in the first place [UNAMUSED FACE]
Image

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30745
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by dubby » July 21, 2015, 2:28 pm

Manbush wrote:Your talk of technology Dubby assumes aliens would be at our point in science instead of more advanced, I'm guessing there'd be civilizations much more advanced and some less advanced than us. Humans have already come up with theories on how to travel faster than present, hell even theories on how time travel could be possible.
See most people assume another life form would be more advanced.

Tbh I don't really care one way or the other.
Image

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30745
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by dubby » July 21, 2015, 2:29 pm

gangrenous wrote:
dubby wrote: Your assumption is bordering on ridiculous. While it's exciting we've come close to Pluto, remember that in the 9 years the craft travelled there, not one time has it encountered a ufo, or detected any form of life.
That's like saying I encountered no one on my walk from my bed to the front door, therefore no other people inhabit earth.
I see your point, but what if there was nothing in your house anyway? And you didn't have the legs to explore your house anyway
Image

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24636
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Manbush » July 21, 2015, 3:20 pm

dubby wrote:
Manbush wrote:Your talk of technology Dubby assumes aliens would be at our point in science instead of more advanced, I'm guessing there'd be civilizations much more advanced and some less advanced than us. Humans have already come up with theories on how to travel faster than present, hell even theories on how time travel could be possible.
See most people assume another life form would be more advanced.

Tbh I don't really care one way or the other.
Life we would probably come across would be more advanced otherwise they wouldn't have been able to reach our solar system so they're the obvious ones to talk about, I don't think anyone would believe all life outside earth would be more advanced it's illogical.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
CJ42
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12744
Joined: April 12, 2011, 5:13 pm

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by CJ42 » July 21, 2015, 3:27 pm

At least this guy is fronting up the money for it, major governments would never release info for fear or world wide panic etc.
Image

User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 21, 2015, 3:43 pm

Shadow Boxer wrote:Religion relies on magic, there are not enough hydrogen molecules in existence to create a great flood covering the earth.
As if the deluded would change their views based on logical proof, they already have plenty.
That theory may have been true at some stage, however - http://www.ibtimes.com/space-water-disc ... ans-817471

The largest body of water to date -- anywhere in the universe -- has been discovered in space, a mass measuring several trillion times the water on the whole of planet Earth.

As one theory is proven wrong we cast it aside.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 21, 2015, 3:45 pm

dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:There is absolutely no way it would spell the end of religion. Existing religions will most definitely find a way to account for alien life; hell, we'll probably see a heap of new religions start up.
There are already reasonable opinions about this.

But this sticks in my mind ;
Even if we assumed life existed somewhere else in the universe, a visit by extraterrestrials to earth, such as is claimed in UFO reports, seems completely impracticable, if not impossible. The distances (and therefore the likely travel times) are unimaginably vast.

The closest star to the earth, Proxima Centauri (a-Centauri C) is 40.7 million million kilometers (approximately 25 million million miles) away. The Apollo flights took three days to get to the moon. At the same speed, one would need 870,000 years to get to the nearest star. Of course, one could accelerate (particularly unmanned) probes to a greater speed.

At the incredible speed of one-tenth the speed of light, the trip, one way would still take 43 years. However, one would need enormous amounts of energy for such an acceleration, roughly equivalent to the electricity consumption of the entire world's population for one month.

The bible doesn't really deny or affirm other species. Why would it? It was written for inhabitants of earth.

I can't speak for Islam, Hindu, Shinto, Buddhism, or even explicitly for Judaism and Christianity. I'm no expert on these religions, and neither are you.
Your assumption is bordering on ridiculous. While it's exciting we've come close to Pluto, remember that in the 9 years the craft travelled there, not one time has it encountered a ufo, or detected any form of life.
And again, take note of the distance to our nearest star. Bloody unlikely anything will ever reach it.
We don't need to physically go there to prove they exist dubby. Like I said, a signal would do the trick.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 21, 2015, 3:50 pm

Wiggy wrote:There are bibles literalists who claim for the bible to be true (which they believe 100%), the world must be flat and unmoving and all the heavens above move around the earth.

The fact that the earth has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be a sphere hasn't shaken their belief. They just convince themselves that all the evidence is some sort of global conspiracy.
This is true and I've talked with many of them. They do not believe in carbon dating. They believe the Earth is less than 10,000 years old. And if you visit the Creationist Museum in Kentucky USA they'll have life size dioramas of dinosaurs with harnesses on them depicting mankind using them to plough fields. I kid you not!
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 21, 2015, 3:59 pm

Manbush wrote:
dubby wrote:
Manbush wrote:Your talk of technology Dubby assumes aliens would be at our point in science instead of more advanced, I'm guessing there'd be civilizations much more advanced and some less advanced than us. Humans have already come up with theories on how to travel faster than present, hell even theories on how time travel could be possible.
See most people assume another life form would be more advanced.

Tbh I don't really care one way or the other.
Life we would probably come across would be more advanced otherwise they wouldn't have been able to reach our solar system so they're the obvious ones to talk about, I don't think anyone would believe all life outside earth would be more advanced it's illogical.
I read a theoretical paper once on the sheer vastness of our universe that stated that if we built a ship big enough to house 10,000 people with enough plant, food and water to last 1000 generations and we sent that ship to our nearest star to colonise a planet there using todays tech, by the time they got there the human race would have evolved to a point where we could control worm holes and we would have already colonised that planet and a complete population would already be there by the time they arrived. Such is the distance (4.37 light years) and time it would take us to get to our nearest star of Proxima Centauri.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 21, 2015, 4:01 pm

CJ42 wrote:At least this guy is fronting up the money for it, major governments would never release info for fear or world wide panic etc.
Yeah it is good to see a billionaire putting his money into something useful rather than simply making more money.

I've been helping SETI for years now cycling through their data. This is light years (pun intended) ahead of that program.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

User avatar
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16311
Joined: March 14, 2010, 4:00 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Schifty » July 21, 2015, 4:37 pm

If aliens could observe our planet there's no way they'd want to make contact as we as a species have **** so much up including humanity.

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14614
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by reptar » July 21, 2015, 4:40 pm

Quality thread. Subscribe!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44075
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by The Rickman » July 21, 2015, 4:41 pm

There is actually absolutely nothing in Buddhism that would be contradicted by there being life of other planets.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9176
Joined: May 20, 2008, 2:50 pm

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Shadow Boxer » July 21, 2015, 6:08 pm

Buddhists can't even decide if they believe in a god, there's not really anything to prove or disprove.
Image

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13311
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by bonehead » July 21, 2015, 6:12 pm

Buddhism is a way of life rather than religion
Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13744
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by Question » July 21, 2015, 9:46 pm

I really cant see how people deny that there are aliens, I see them daily, they live amongst us.

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10058
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by gangrenous » July 21, 2015, 10:20 pm

IronRaiden wrote:
Shadow Boxer wrote:Religion relies on magic, there are not enough hydrogen molecules in existence to create a great flood covering the earth.
As if the deluded would change their views based on logical proof, they already have plenty.
That theory may have been true at some stage, however - http://www.ibtimes.com/space-water-disc ... ans-817471

The largest body of water to date -- anywhere in the universe -- has been discovered in space, a mass measuring several trillion times the water on the whole of planet Earth.

As one theory is proven wrong we cast it aside.
I'm pretty sure this point is traditionally framed as not enough water in the earth system to cover the surface. Not the universe.

User avatar
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: July 31, 2014, 6:52 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: One signal will put an end to all religions

Post by IronRaiden » July 22, 2015, 8:48 am

gangrenous wrote:
IronRaiden wrote:
Shadow Boxer wrote:Religion relies on magic, there are not enough hydrogen molecules in existence to create a great flood covering the earth.
As if the deluded would change their views based on logical proof, they already have plenty.
That theory may have been true at some stage, however - http://www.ibtimes.com/space-water-disc ... ans-817471

The largest body of water to date -- anywhere in the universe -- has been discovered in space, a mass measuring several trillion times the water on the whole of planet Earth.

As one theory is proven wrong we cast it aside.
I'm pretty sure this point is traditionally framed as not enough water in the earth system to cover the surface. Not the universe.
Fair enough, I stand corrected.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.

Post Reply