PPL and child care

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24599
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Manbush » December 9, 2014, 8:37 am

Shezza wrote:Simply put Manbush, offering flexibility to female workers increases participation.

Do some of that fancy internet researching you like to do, and I'm sure you'll find something to support this.
They already have the flexibility if they want it and are prepared to make the sacrifices. Plan ahead, don't buy the brand new cars, houses in the richer neighborhoods, the Luis Vuitton handbags, downgrade your lifestyle and still live better off than a lot of society.

I'm not saying I'm against any PPL but paying up to 75k is a **** joke, it's more than some families earn combined and still manage to survive.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Shezza
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18297
Joined: March 11, 2008, 12:15 pm

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Shezza » December 9, 2014, 8:41 am

I'm not going to argue with you.... you are renowned for arguing for the sake of it.

Like that time that you claimed caged animals should be thankful for having the opportunity to be caged up and mistreated, as for if not, they would not have had any life at all.
Image
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15736
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: PPL , Child Care etc

Post by T_R » December 9, 2014, 8:44 am

papabear wrote:
That said I would also amend the tax rates I think Julia fiddled making the non tax threshold 18k or something which is a tad ridiculous imo?
Exactly. We had a Labor/Greens leadership entirely focused on redistributing wealth, and utterly incompetent at creating it. Shrinking the tax base and increasing the burden on fewer and fewer people is no way to run a country.

Only the top fifth of households ranked by their income - those with incomes of more than $200,000 a year - pay anything into the system net of the value of social security in cash and kind received.

Frankly, I'm sick of paying for GEMs lifestyle.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13410
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Green eyed Mick » December 9, 2014, 8:46 am

Manbush wrote:Can't see how paying more welfare will encourage a return to the workplace, is that the solution for those on the dole as well? Surely paying less welfare is more of an incentive to return to work.
It is a remarkable ideological disconnect. Most welfare payments are designed to encourage productivity and workforce participation. I think the difference with this one is rusted on coalition voters would be total ****ing hypocrites if they supported cuts to social security payments and then stuck their own hands out for their slice of the welfare pie. Hence, their desperate and transparent attempts to label PPL as anything other than another welfare payment.

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15736
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: PPL and child care

Post by T_R » December 9, 2014, 8:48 am

Green eyed Mick wrote: Hence, their desperate and transparent attempts to label PPL as anything other than another welfare payment.
Like the Greens desperate and transparent attempts to label the Carbon Tax anything other that a massive redistribution of income. I guess we all try to justify our own self interest.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24599
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Manbush » December 9, 2014, 8:48 am

Shezza wrote:I'm not going to argue with you.... you are renowned for arguing for the sake of it.

Like that time that you claimed caged animals should be thankful for having the opportunity to be caged up and mistreated, as for if not, they would not have had any life at all.
:lol:

Love to see a quote of me saying that, wouldn't have been about caged animals being mistreated more along the lines of say cows having a life due to being food.

Bit like the time you argued all women should be locked in a cellar. (See easy to make stuff up with no actual quotes).
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13410
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: PPL , Child Care etc

Post by Green eyed Mick » December 9, 2014, 8:50 am

T_R wrote:
papabear wrote:
That said I would also amend the tax rates I think Julia fiddled making the non tax threshold 18k or something which is a tad ridiculous imo?
Exactly. We had a Labor/Greens leadership entirely focused on redistributing wealth, and utterly incompetent at creating it. Shrinking the tax base and increasing the burden on fewer and fewer people is no way to run a country.

Only the top fifth of households ranked by their income - those with incomes of more than $200,000 a year - pay anything into the system net of the value of social security in cash and kind received.

Frankly, I'm sick of paying for GEMs lifestyle.
**** off. I work full time and have done since I was 17 and I have no kids. You and your kids are more of a leech on the system than I am.

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15736
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: PPL , Child Care etc

Post by T_R » December 9, 2014, 8:52 am

Green eyed Mick wrote:
T_R wrote:
papabear wrote:
That said I would also amend the tax rates I think Julia fiddled making the non tax threshold 18k or something which is a tad ridiculous imo?
Exactly. We had a Labor/Greens leadership entirely focused on redistributing wealth, and utterly incompetent at creating it. Shrinking the tax base and increasing the burden on fewer and fewer people is no way to run a country.

Only the top fifth of households ranked by their income - those with incomes of more than $200,000 a year - pay anything into the system net of the value of social security in cash and kind received.

Frankly, I'm sick of paying for GEMs lifestyle.
**** off. I work full time and have done since I was 17 and I have no kids. You and your kids are more of a leech on the system than I am.
:lol: God, you're so easy.

Go on, explain to me how the TR family are more of a 'leech' than you.

PS - Don't bother, you can't win.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13410
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Green eyed Mick » December 9, 2014, 8:55 am

T_R wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote: Hence, their desperate and transparent attempts to label PPL as anything other than another welfare payment.
Like the Greens desperate and transparent attempts to label the Carbon Tax anything other that a massive redistribution of income. I guess we all try to justify our own self interest.
All taxes are a redistribution of wealth.

Typical of the right. They whine about welfare recipients but happily take their own in terms of funding for their private schools and PPL. They complain about a taxation system that taxes their income too high but say nothing about a tax system that disproportionately benefits the rich through negative gearing and other tax concessions.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13410
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: PPL , Child Care etc

Post by Green eyed Mick » December 9, 2014, 8:56 am

T_R wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:
T_R wrote:
papabear wrote:
That said I would also amend the tax rates I think Julia fiddled making the non tax threshold 18k or something which is a tad ridiculous imo?
Exactly. We had a Labor/Greens leadership entirely focused on redistributing wealth, and utterly incompetent at creating it. Shrinking the tax base and increasing the burden on fewer and fewer people is no way to run a country.

Only the top fifth of households ranked by their income - those with incomes of more than $200,000 a year - pay anything into the system net of the value of social security in cash and kind received.

Frankly, I'm sick of paying for GEMs lifestyle.
**** off. I work full time and have done since I was 17 and I have no kids. You and your kids are more of a leech on the system than I am.
:lol: God, you're so easy.

Go on, explain to me how the TR family are more of a 'leech' than you.

PS - Don't bother, you can't win.
You take out more than me. Maybe you put in more than me but that wasn't what you were getting at when you claimed to be paying for my lifestyle.

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15736
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: PPL , Child Care etc

Post by T_R » December 9, 2014, 9:05 am

Green eyed Mick wrote:
T_R wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:
T_R wrote:
papabear wrote:
That said I would also amend the tax rates I think Julia fiddled making the non tax threshold 18k or something which is a tad ridiculous imo?
Exactly. We had a Labor/Greens leadership entirely focused on redistributing wealth, and utterly incompetent at creating it. Shrinking the tax base and increasing the burden on fewer and fewer people is no way to run a country.

Only the top fifth of households ranked by their income - those with incomes of more than $200,000 a year - pay anything into the system net of the value of social security in cash and kind received.

Frankly, I'm sick of paying for GEMs lifestyle.
**** off. I work full time and have done since I was 17 and I have no kids. You and your kids are more of a leech on the system than I am.
:lol: God, you're so easy.

Go on, explain to me how the TR family are more of a 'leech' than you.

PS - Don't bother, you can't win.
You take out more than me. Maybe you put in more than me but that wasn't what you were getting at when you claimed to be paying for my lifestyle.
Oh, come on :lol:

That was a win for ideology over accounting.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
Lucy
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13591
Joined: August 4, 2009, 10:14 am
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Location: The Club

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Lucy » December 9, 2014, 9:05 am

I do not see it as welfare at all if the momey is going to someone who is in my wife or Nick's wife's position. They have careers, we can afford to have children, but it is about the time spent with the child when young. It is the essential development time that is integral. My wife had to return to work after 6 months as we had saved enough through forward planning to allow us to have that time off with the mortgage paid, the bills sorted, my child support paid in advance for my 3 children to a previous marriage (which is calculated on gross salary) and also enough that we could enjoy the time with our little guy. But 6 months is too early in my eyes to leave a child in daycare fulltime which we had to do. It breaks my wife's heart every day leaving him to go to work. It is not about being able to afford children, it is about being able to afford that short period of time that is the essential period of development and growth a child has and for that period the number one thing the child requires is it's mother. My wife wanted to go back to work, just like Katie did (Nick's wife), but Kel had to return early simply due to us not being able to survive without a second income although we have both worked and paid taxes for over 20 years and this is the only period in our lives that we have not held fulltime jobs yet a 12 month period to spend with your baby is now impossible unless you sacrifice everything else you have worked hard for leading up to that point.

We have worked since we were 16-17 years of age and paid tax the entire time which inevitably goes into the coffers of whatever government is in power at the time and spent on whatever bull crap initiative is the new "great hope", so when it comes to my wife spending 9-12 months at home with our son before returning to the work force I think she should be compensated accordingly. We had the 16 week basic income which we appreciated and made last, but the 26 week would have been enough for us to stretch that time at home with our son longer. I am all for it. Those who can claim they should purchase a house within your means, you should budget for kids or not have them etc etc may have had the silver spoon opportunity that the majority have not, or actually believe the rubbish in which they spew but you live in a false reality eitherway. You go ahead and sacfrifice the things you have worked hard for, you go ahead and wait til the right time to have kids and enjoy them between the age of 60 and never, I will happily take what the government throws at me and hope to expect more when we decided to have another, because as far as I feel, we have paid for enough bums, junkies and houso's to pump out kids and live off handouts, it's now our time.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15736
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: PPL and child care

Post by T_R » December 9, 2014, 9:07 am

Green eyed Mick wrote:
T_R wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote: Hence, their desperate and transparent attempts to label PPL as anything other than another welfare payment.
Like the Greens desperate and transparent attempts to label the Carbon Tax anything other that a massive redistribution of income. I guess we all try to justify our own self interest.
All taxes are a redistribution of wealth.

Typical of the right. They whine about welfare recipients but happily take their own in terms of funding for their private schools and PPL. They complain about a taxation system that taxes their income too high but say nothing about a tax system that disproportionately benefits the rich through negative gearing and other tax concessions.
1. Our kids school is paid less per student that a government school. The Australian tax payer is well ahead as a result of our education choices.
2. Name a 'tax concession' that we take advantage of.
3. Our properties are all positively geared. We pay tax on them.

You really do get so choked up on what you believe should be true that you struggle to comprehend actual reality. The left really are obsessed with their little entitlement culture, and forget that others have to create wealth to sustain your lifestyles.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15736
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: PPL and child care

Post by T_R » December 9, 2014, 9:09 am

Lucy wrote:You go ahead and sacfrifice the things you have worked hard for, you go ahead and wait til the right time to have kids and enjoy them between the age of 60 and never, I will happily take what the government throws at me and hope to expect more when we decided to have another, because as far as I feel, we have paid for enough bums, junkies and houso's to pump out kids and live off handouts, it's now our time.
Damn straight. My wife and I were so chuffed to get the Howard era baby bonus (and yes, we literally spent it on a flat screen TV :lol: ). We lined up at Centrelink and everything. It was awesome.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6233
Joined: May 6, 2012, 4:11 pm
Favourite Player: Billyt

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Raider Bell » December 9, 2014, 9:20 am

Shezza wrote:I'm not going to argue with you.... you are renowned for arguing for the sake of it.
Honestly, singling Hanbush out for this one is a bit rich. I wouldn't even put him in the top 5 arguers on this forum.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15736
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: PPL and child care

Post by T_R » December 9, 2014, 9:22 am

Raider Bell wrote:
Shezza wrote:I'm not going to argue with you.... you are renowned for arguing for the sake of it.
Honestly, singling Hanbush out for this one is a bit rich. I wouldn't even put him in the top 5 arguers on this forum.
No, but there's something special about how he does it
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43041
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: PPL and child care

Post by The Rickman » December 9, 2014, 9:22 am

I just cannot support this scheme, and I absolutely loathe the left. I just can't get my head around welfare payments for higher income earners. Like I've said previously, I already think too many people in this country are supported by the Government.

A few years ago, after the Rocky floods, I could've applied for and got the 1000 dollar flood relief bonus for people affected by the floods, but I didn't because I didn't think it was right (particularly as my house was out of the "zone"). But the guy who I shared an office with, who was on the same six figure salary as me applied and got it. His theory was that he paid enough tax, why not be entitled to the occasional bonus. My theory was it's thinking like this that has our whole country heading down the ****ter.

Then it turned out that year I had to pay the flood levy in tax but my colleague was exempt because he received the bonus. DOUBLE WHAMMY!! Who's stupid now??
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43041
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: PPL and child care

Post by The Rickman » December 9, 2014, 9:23 am

T_R wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:
Shezza wrote:I'm not going to argue with you.... you are renowned for arguing for the sake of it.
Honestly, singling Hanbush out for this one is a bit rich. I wouldn't even put him in the top 5 arguers on this forum.
No, but there's something special about how he does it
Yeh, it's called google.com
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Lucy
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13591
Joined: August 4, 2009, 10:14 am
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Location: The Club

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Lucy » December 9, 2014, 9:44 am

The Nickman wrote:I just cannot support this scheme, and I absolutely loathe the left. I just can't get my head around welfare payments for higher income earners. Like I've said previously, I already think too many people in this country are supported by the Government.

A few years ago, after the Rocky floods, I could've applied for and got the 1000 dollar flood relief bonus for people affected by the floods, but I didn't because I didn't think it was right (particularly as my house was out of the "zone"). But the guy who I shared an office with, who was on the same six figure salary as me applied and got it. His theory was that he paid enough tax, why not be entitled to the occasional bonus. My theory was it's thinking like this that has our whole country heading down the ****ter.

Then it turned out that year I had to pay the flood levy in tax but my colleague was exempt because he received the bonus. DOUBLE WHAMMY!! Who's stupid now??
But that is screwing the system.

Taking a year off your career to have and enjoy your child and return to work immediately after and not have to lose your house or those things you have earned and deservedly so through the years prior is not screwing the system. That's where you and others are confusing the point and in some cases completely missing it.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24599
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Manbush » December 9, 2014, 10:06 am

T_R wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:
Shezza wrote:I'm not going to argue with you.... you are renowned for arguing for the sake of it.
Honestly, singling Hanbush out for this one is a bit rich. I wouldn't even put him in the top 5 arguers on this forum.
No, but there's something special about how he does it
Yeah I'm actually polite and friendly about it which is unusual in this place ;)
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Manchild
Jason Croker
Posts: 4846
Joined: September 28, 2011, 11:29 am
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Manchild » December 9, 2014, 10:07 am

Lucy wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I just cannot support this scheme, and I absolutely loathe the left. I just can't get my head around welfare payments for higher income earners. Like I've said previously, I already think too many people in this country are supported by the Government.

A few years ago, after the Rocky floods, I could've applied for and got the 1000 dollar flood relief bonus for people affected by the floods, but I didn't because I didn't think it was right (particularly as my house was out of the "zone"). But the guy who I shared an office with, who was on the same six figure salary as me applied and got it. His theory was that he paid enough tax, why not be entitled to the occasional bonus. My theory was it's thinking like this that has our whole country heading down the ****ter.

Then it turned out that year I had to pay the flood levy in tax but my colleague was exempt because he received the bonus. DOUBLE WHAMMY!! Who's stupid now??
But that is screwing the system.

Taking a year off your career to have and enjoy your child and return to work immediately after and not have to lose your house or those things you have earned and deservedly so through the years prior is not screwing the system. That's where you and others are confusing the point and in some cases completely missing it.
Yeah I do not see the comparison that Nickman was making there. One is a hard working family member taking some time off WORK to have a child and the other is some **** taking advantage of a handout during a natural disaster for people that were genuinely needing some support.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24599
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Manbush » December 9, 2014, 10:25 am

Think your last four words explains it, "genuinely needing some support".

Look around at society, can't you see people who are in more dire need of a helping hand?
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Shezza
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18297
Joined: March 11, 2008, 12:15 pm

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Shezza » December 9, 2014, 10:33 am

Manchild wrote:
Lucy wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I just cannot support this scheme, and I absolutely loathe the left. I just can't get my head around welfare payments for higher income earners. Like I've said previously, I already think too many people in this country are supported by the Government.

A few years ago, after the Rocky floods, I could've applied for and got the 1000 dollar flood relief bonus for people affected by the floods, but I didn't because I didn't think it was right (particularly as my house was out of the "zone"). But the guy who I shared an office with, who was on the same six figure salary as me applied and got it. His theory was that he paid enough tax, why not be entitled to the occasional bonus. My theory was it's thinking like this that has our whole country heading down the ****ter.

Then it turned out that year I had to pay the flood levy in tax but my colleague was exempt because he received the bonus. DOUBLE WHAMMY!! Who's stupid now??
But that is screwing the system.

Taking a year off your career to have and enjoy your child and return to work immediately after and not have to lose your house or those things you have earned and deservedly so through the years prior is not screwing the system. That's where you and others are confusing the point and in some cases completely missing it.
Yeah I do not see the comparison that Nickman was making there. One is a hard working family member taking some time off WORK to have a child and the other is some **** taking advantage of a handout during a natural disaster for people that were genuinely needing some support.
Yep. No comparison at all. Nickman just wanted to tell us all again how much of a great bloke he is. I dislike him. We all do now.
Image
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43041
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: PPL and child care

Post by The Rickman » December 9, 2014, 10:38 am

I just don't think higher income earners should be getting payouts by the Government.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Manchild
Jason Croker
Posts: 4846
Joined: September 28, 2011, 11:29 am
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Manchild » December 9, 2014, 10:39 am

Manbush wrote:Think your last four words explains it, "genuinely needing some support".

Look around at society, can't you see people who are in more dire need of a helping hand?
So what are you against. The richer scale receiving the benefit or everyone receiving it?

User avatar
Shezza
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18297
Joined: March 11, 2008, 12:15 pm

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Shezza » December 9, 2014, 10:40 am

Do you think that companies shouldn't get R&D grants, because they have a decent bottom line? Or should we be encouraging companies to innovate, regardless of bottom line?
Image
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25131
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: PPL and child care

Post by PigRickman » December 9, 2014, 10:50 am

Manbush wrote: Look around at society, can't you see people who are in more dire need of a helping hand?
So, can i stroll into Centrelink, and tell everyone in the cue to **** off and get on with life because they need only to look around and see there is homeless people in much more dire need of a helping hand?
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24599
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Manbush » December 9, 2014, 10:55 am

Manchild wrote:
Manbush wrote:Think your last four words explains it, "genuinely needing some support".

Look around at society, can't you see people who are in more dire need of a helping hand?
So what are you against. The richer scale receiving the benefit or everyone receiving it?
I'm against people receiving handouts they don't need, especially welfare for the rich.
Pigman wrote:
Manbush wrote: Look around at society, can't you see people who are in more dire need of a helping hand?
So, can i stroll into Centrelink, and tell everyone in the cue to **** off and get on with life because they need only to look around and see there is homeless people in much more dire need of a helping hand?
Those same people would end up homeless without it, so they have a dire need.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Shezza
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18297
Joined: March 11, 2008, 12:15 pm

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Shezza » December 9, 2014, 11:06 am

Ok, I get it.

The threshold is set where Manbush deems it to be.
Image
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25131
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: PPL and child care

Post by PigRickman » December 9, 2014, 11:07 am

Yeah but you know, there are people who are homeless, who are in dire need, so what right do those guys have to a helping hand

Also, i dont buy it for a **** second. There is a TON of people lining up at centrelink who arent going to be homeless without it.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43041
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: PPL and child care

Post by The Rickman » December 9, 2014, 11:09 am

I'm not a fan of a lot of those people getting handouts either to be perfectly honest.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Manchild
Jason Croker
Posts: 4846
Joined: September 28, 2011, 11:29 am
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Manchild » December 9, 2014, 11:13 am

I would have ended up homeless without PPL. We put ourselves in a position financially whilst both working to be paying off a mortgage. Factor in buying stuff to bring a child into the world and the extra expenses that go with it and then you take away an income.

I know that there are people in this country far worse off than me, but for you to be against me receiving assistance from the government after both my partner and I have worked since both leaving school to keep the life we built for ourselves in tact is ridiculous.

After we finished receiving our payments, my partner had to go back to work permanent part-time after 5 months. My mother looks after our young fella for those days as child care is far too much and frankly I would rather someone I know raising my son until he can at least do the basics.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43041
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: PPL and child care

Post by The Rickman » December 9, 2014, 11:14 am

Manchild wrote:I would have ended up homeless without PPL. We put ourselves in a position financially whilst both working to be paying off a mortgage. Factor in buying stuff to bring a child into the world and the extra expenses that go with it and then you take away an income.

I know that there are people in this country far worse off than me, but for you to be against me receiving assistance from the government after both my partner and I have worked since both leaving school to keep the life we built for ourselves in tact is ridiculous.

After we finished receiving our payments, my partner had to go back to work permanent part-time after 5 months. My mother looks after our young fella for those days as child care is far too much and frankly I would rather someone I know raising my son until he can at least do the basics.
So you receive it already?? I didn't realise the scheme was already in place!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Lucy
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13591
Joined: August 4, 2009, 10:14 am
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Location: The Club

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Lucy » December 9, 2014, 11:16 am

It is hardly a hand out when you have worked hard your entire **** life and all you want is one year off work to raise your child and not lose the things you have earned up to that point.

Not everyone earns your salary Piggles. Your salary is more than most poeple's are combined. So it makes perfect sense to you to not need coin to keep your huose when you and missus have a baby. As for Manbush, the blokes sees charity as handing a fisfull of fifties to a couple of 18 year olds on his 40th birthday. Any bloke that see's that as appropriate need not comment on anything or atleast be taken serious from this point forward.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13410
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: PPL and child care

Post by Green eyed Mick » December 9, 2014, 11:16 am

Explain to me why $35K (roughly half the median wage) over 6 months is not enough?

Post Reply