Plane crash investigations

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Missile destroys Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine

Post by dubby »

Illuminati I have mates that are so obsessed with the illuminati and their apparent control of the world. And these are guys earning six figure incomes
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Normally the best way to deal with conspiracy theories is to try one up them. Make them sound like the one that they are just believing what everyone wants them to.

I'm struggling with this one though.

I mean when someone starts claiming that an international airline is covering something up because they have more than one plane that is the same model you really don't have much room to move.

Then there is the whole window configuration stuff..
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

That conspiracy theory is brilliant :lol: I had to hold myself back from ripping people on fb today.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

CJ42 wrote:That conspiracy theory is brilliant :lol: I had to hold myself back from ripping people on fb today.
That's where I first saw it as well :lol:

Was so tempted to write "**** is wrong with you?"
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

dubby wrote:Illuminati Image I have mates that are so obsessed with the illuminati and their apparent control of the world. And these are guys earning six figure incomes
Your mates have massive, massive problems.

Sorry, but I think you need new friends - I really, really do.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Raider 85 wrote:
dubby wrote:Illuminati Image I have mates that are so obsessed with the illuminati and their apparent control of the world. And these are guys earning six figure incomes

TR's alright once you get to know him
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Pigman wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:

TR's alright once you get to know him
Sounds as if TR is on about 16 figures.

BTW, I read the article that Schifty posted, and it wasn't as enjoyable as I had hoped. Certainly wasn't popcorn worthy, mate.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
yeh raiders wrote:I'm flying on Saturday... Not gonna lie, pretty unsettled
You know, I've got more than 2 million frequent flyer points across various carriers - I deadset LIVE in planes - and I never think about crashing. The odds against it are just so astronomically ridiculous that it's not worth considering.
I'm in the same boat. Platinum Velocity Frequent Flyer for the second year in a row after several years of Gold membership and when I get on a plane the thought doesn't even cross my mind.

For me it's just sitting in a crowded room for a few hours reading a book, smacking some wine and perhaps going over a few bumps in the process
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

The Nickman wrote:
T_R wrote:
yeh raiders wrote:I'm flying on Saturday... Not gonna lie, pretty unsettled
You know, I've got more than 2 million frequent flyer points across various carriers - I deadset LIVE in planes - and I never think about crashing. The odds against it are just so astronomically ridiculous that it's not worth considering.
I'm in the same boat. Platinum Velocity Frequent Flyer for the second year in a row after several years of Gold membership and when I get on a plane the thought doesn't even cross my mind.

For me it's just sitting in a crowded room for a few hours reading a book, smacking some wine and perhaps going over a few bumps in the process
It would be hard to think at all after rolling/staggering out of the lounge after enjoying buckloads of free piss. Just finding your seat would be a mission in itself.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raider 85 wrote:
Only when paid in Zimbabwe

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:
Only when paid in Zimbabwe
Sounds like a tax dodge
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Schifty, that as outstanding reading. I urge everyone to click on each of those links as a lesson in how dumb, dumb conspiracy theories get off the ground.

:|
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Another plane has gone down :(

This time Germanwings plane going from Barcelona to Dusseldorf
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Can't wait for the conspiracy theories!!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Wow. Im booked on that route with them in April.

Thst's oddly unsettling.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airpl ... x/#5d42675

That plane was nowhere it should have been.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

9 minute descent. Long time :(

http://i.imgur.com/iF6sxxD.png?1

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airpl ... x/#5d42675

That plane was nowhere it should have been.
Is that red line the usual flight path or just the shortest possible route?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I think they normally route out over the mediterranean, then hook to the left of the French Riviera.

Marseille is the main airport in the region and could definitely handle an emergency landing. Geneva would have been the next option.

They'll solve this one quickly.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Is there really so much need from outlets to keep emphasize 'low cost' airline?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Only happened an hour ago - they're just filling air time.

I don't think the descent rate was 'catastrophic' as they are saying.

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:Can't wait for the conspiracy theories!!
Not related to the plane but here's a new conspiracy

https://news.vice.com/article/conspirac ... his-summer
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

The scariest thing about that article is Manbush probably believes it's true after a bowl or two
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:The scariest thing about that article is Manbush probably believes it's true after a bowl or two
:lol:
Never been into conspiracy theories mate, they are good for a laugh though.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Manbush wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Can't wait for the conspiracy theories!!
Not related to the plane but here's a new conspiracy

https://news.vice.com/article/conspirac ... his-summer
Alex Jones was talking about the NSA's mass surveillance program years before Snowden came on the scene. In the conspiracy world he is considered credible and he has a lot of followers.

According to Vice's latest episode there are over 1 million militia in the US. Many of which subscribe to the theory that Obama is planning on turning the US into an authoritarian state before he is supposed to leave office. These guys spend their weekends training in guerrilla warfare and urban combat and many genuinely believe that they will soon be taking up arms against the US government.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Ahh the infowars revolution. Damn illuminati using their chemtrails to control the gen pop.
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote:Ahh the infowars revolution. Damn illuminati using their chemtrails to control the gen pop.
The public outcry against Halal Certification has me very worried about the damage social media is doing to our generation.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

I don't like halal certification because religion is stupid and animal cruelty being justified by religion is fn retarded
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote:I don't like halal certification because religion is stupid and animal cruelty being justified by religion is fn retarded
Yeah, but there's no point boycotting chocolates because of it!!

I understand not buying halal certified meats, but chocolates and vegemite??
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Lindt isn't halal certified and provides the best chocolate around.
Vegemite will always have a place in my pantry, even if it were Broncos certified.
Main thing is, **** costs enough without paying money towards a neanderthalic religion with archaic practices.
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Rubbish. You're scared of the threat that Islam poses to your life and you're lashing out against it.

If these products were linked with the Catholic Church you'd have absolutely no problem with them.

What do you think of Kosher certified products??
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

1. I think you're just the standard **** that wants to turn it into an argument about prejudice instead of what it really is. In this instance it is an Islamic organisation profiteering by strong arming companies into paying them a levy. This is of coursed passed on to the consumer. Why should we pay for another dumb religion to exist?
2. Actually I would but as far as I know there is no certification process requiring a payment for catholic approved goods. When a kiddy toucher certification comes out I'll be sure to avoid
3. I don't believe I have ever come across a kosher certified product. If
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You've never come across Vegemite before?? Because it's kosher certified!!
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Vegemite is not up for discussion!!
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

What was the end of your sentence that started with "If"??