Press for truth

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Press for truth

Post by T_R »

Oh God ..... I'm Crusher

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Press for truth

Post by Toviii »

dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:Ive got an out-of-left-field theory that the buildings went down as a result of two large planes flying into them.

:roflmao :roflmao
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Manbush wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Can TR be a verb for conspiracy loving crackpot?
And greens voter
Ooooof!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Manbush wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Can TR be a verb for conspiracy loving crackpot?
And greens voter
Hang on, you're thinking of albi
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Nope TR voted Greens Dubby, he's turned!
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Manbush wrote:Nope TR voted Greens Dubby, he's turned!

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Manbush is right.

I've heard rumours that TR has been having lunch with left wing political antagonists who are trying to destabilise the Abbott government...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:Manbush is right.

I've heard rumours that TR has been having lunch with left wing political antagonists who are trying to destabilise the Abbott government...
I was just taken with their good looks and charm

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

dubby wrote:
Manbush wrote:Nope TR voted Greens Dubby, he's turned!
:thumbsup :thumbsup
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
Schifty wrote:Manbush is right.

I was just taken with their good looks and charm
Better not start leaking info.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

This popper up on my fb feed today.. I must have become friends with Crusher without knowing.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Oh bollocks, he wasn't 'paid double' and he didn't 'win'.

He was paid $4.1 billion in an out of court settlement (not covering either full loss or rebuilding costs) after the insurance companies tried to pay $2.8 Billion, the limit imposed by a judge for a 'single' incident. Silverstein's company is still massively out of pocket.

Nickman had a Facebook post dealing with almost exactly this kind of graphic the other day.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahahahaha God I love this ****

People are SO STUPID
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I bought a new house for $500k and then torched it. The insurance company would only give me $100k for it, so I sued them and got $200k. I doubled my money! I'm a business genius!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

:lol: winning
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I love how because the guy bought insurance on it for terrorism and then there was a terrorist attack it's clearly an inside job
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Call a spade a spade here, Nickman. The context here is that he is a rich Jew, thus far more palatable to the conspiracy nuts.

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Oh yes the Jewish aspect of 911, on the anniversary saw someone sarcasticly ask how many Jews died and said it was a coincidence, he never replied when I said 400-500 which coincidently was about the same percentage of Jews who worked there meaning Jews die as easily as anyone else.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote:Call a spade a spade here, Nickman. The context here is that he is a rich Jew, thus far more palatable to the conspiracy nuts.
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEINBERGER!!!!!!!!!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote:I bought a new house for $500k and then torched it. The insurance company would only give me $100k for it, so I sued them and got $200k. I doubled my money! I'm a business genius!
Pure genius Doc. Thats up there with making $100 by not backing the Raiders to make top 8.

Stuff Malcolm Turnbull. Its the GH that will come up with the solutions to fix the economy.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Guys, Guys. If you swap 9 and 11 you get 11/9. Which in American is the 9th of November. Coincidence? I think not.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I guess this is the nut job conspiracy thread?

I present you, random low resolution pixels on Mars= Secret undergroudn bases.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Pffft, that could be anybody's butt in that picture
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Seems impossible to debate to me.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Where is crusher?? I'd love to hear his thoughts on the complex Syria situation
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote:Where is crusher?? I'd love to hear his thoughts on the complex Syria situation
Bombs in Syria can't cut beams like that!!!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Syria was an inside job .... NO Jews have been killed in the bombing. Figure THAT out!

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I follow this guy's page on facebook just for the gold like this that comes up.

http://undergroundworldnews.com/2016/01 ... ound-scan/
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

That's satire right? Tell me that's satire.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Dr Zaius wrote:That's satire right? Tell me that's satire.
https://www.facebook.com/TheUnderground ... s/?fref=ts

It's better than the Onion.

ONly it is serious.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Been a while since one of these sprung up.

Former CIA and commercial pilot John Lear has come forward and sworn an affidavit stating that the Twin Towers were not bought to the ground by planes crashing into them.

In his expert opinion the official version of events that claims two planes crashed into the towers is actually “physically impossible.”

With reports from the Kremlin this week that President Putin is ready to release satellite images proving that the Twin Towers were destroyed by “controlled demolition” rather than by the force of two planes, enormous strides towards disproving the official 9/11 Commission version are taking place.

http://yournewswire.com/cia-pilot-swear ... wn-on-911/

The Russians releasing satellite images that prove a demolition is def a new one.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

What is he trying to say, that the planes should have somehow bounced off the building and fallen to the ground.

One quick look at the video would seem to show this up as false.

I remember getting a tour of a friends house in chapman that was destroyed in the Canberra bushfires, all that remained was a concrete slab and a sludgy type material about 6 inches deep. Things like the fridge and washing machine simply vaporised in the heat.

This bloke has an opinion

Much the same argument exists for crashing into the building, the steel structure provides vertical rigidity but very little protection against shear.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Please

I beg you.

No.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Schifty wrote:Been a while since one of these sprung up.

Former CIA and commercial pilot John Lear has come forward and sworn an affidavit stating that the Twin Towers were not bought to the ground by planes crashing into them.

In his expert opinion the official version of events that claims two planes crashed into the towers is actually “physically impossible.”

With reports from the Kremlin this week that President Putin is ready to release satellite images proving that the Twin Towers were destroyed by “controlled demolition” rather than by the force of two planes, enormous strides towards disproving the official 9/11 Commission version are taking place.

http://yournewswire.com/cia-pilot-swear ... wn-on-911/

The Russians releasing satellite images that prove a demolition is def a new one.
Is this Russian thing an actual thing or is it just another conspiracy nut made up rubbish "fact"??
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Nevermind, just Googled it, looks to be completely false BS.

You'll imagine my surprise, of course.