The Religion Thread

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

The Religion Thread

Post by Albi » June 6, 2008, 4:11 pm

Weird god botherers are intellectually deficient, so it's probably best we didn't sign him.

Religion is, and will always be, one of the greatest curses on humanity.
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

DJ Raida
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: January 9, 2005, 8:35 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by DJ Raida » June 6, 2008, 4:21 pm

good on mickey sticking to his guns.

Gillfish
David Furner
Posts: 3508
Joined: July 4, 2006, 2:37 pm
Favourite Player: Canberra No1's since 1986
Contact:

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Gillfish » June 6, 2008, 4:23 pm

Albi wrote:Weird god botherers are intellectually deficient, so it's probably best we didn't sign him.

Religion is, and will always be, one of the greatest curses on humanity.
Your lack of belief in god is no different to someones belief in a god.

You have your right to believe or not believe and should not be judged for it.

To call him intellectually deficient is unfair and if that is what makes him happy then so be it

Michael
Mal Meninga
Posts: 29295
Joined: May 2, 2007, 3:44 pm
Location: Clovelly

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Michael » June 6, 2008, 4:46 pm

Albi wrote: Religion is, and will always be, one of the greatest curses /the greatest curse on humanity.
Amen, brother.
Image

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Albi » June 6, 2008, 5:17 pm

CMG wrote:
Albi wrote:Weird god botherers are intellectually deficient, so it's probably best we didn't sign him.

Religion is, and will always be, one of the greatest curses on humanity.
Your lack of belief in god is no different to someones belief in a god.

You have your right to believe or not believe and should not be judged for it.

To call him intellectually deficient is unfair and if that is what makes him happy then so be it
Well not really. To believe in God means that you accept the existance of strange supernatural beings in the absense of ANY evidence. It just beggers belief, and can only exist in a climate ignorance.

Not believing in god is simple - no evidence. Show me even one piece of evidence and I'll look an it. When you can't, I'll stick to my non-belief. Any no, non-belief isn't a belief. :D
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 582
Joined: April 24, 2006, 9:32 pm
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai
Location: CFMEU Heartland

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by TiTTieS_[CNTDN] » June 6, 2008, 5:28 pm

Gee, let's wait till we get some rigorous debate happening then we can say religion is bad. Also, religion and belief in God aren't tied up together. Religion is a much bigger thing than belief in God. Religion causes problems because it is exclusively based in beliefs and these beliefs often conflict with those of other people.

Religion on its own is not bad, it is simply when conflicts are caused by religion that we can say there is a problem with religion.

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Albi » June 6, 2008, 5:35 pm

TiTTieS_[CNTDN] wrote:Gee, let's wait till we get some rigorous debate happening then we can say religion is bad. Also, religion and belief in God aren't tied up together. Religion is a much bigger thing than belief in God. Religion causes problems because it is exclusively based in beliefs and these beliefs often conflict with those of other people.

Religion on its own is not bad, it is simply when conflicts are caused by religion that we can say there is a problem with religion.
That's like saying that the plague on it's own isn't a bad thing - it just gets nasty when it infects someone.
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

Raider at Heart
Gerry De La Cruz
Posts: 9
Joined: July 13, 2007, 7:21 pm
Location: Central Coast

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Raider at Heart » June 6, 2008, 5:38 pm

We can settle this debate by watching this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I


This man is God.

User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13749
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Question » June 6, 2008, 5:39 pm

TiTTieS_[CNTDN] wrote:Gee, let's wait till we get some rigorous debate happening then we can say religion is bad. Also, religion and belief in God aren't tied up together. Religion is a much bigger thing than belief in God. Religion causes problems because it is exclusively based in beliefs and these beliefs often conflict with those of other people.

Religion on its own is not bad, it is simply when conflicts are caused by religion that we can say there is a problem with religion.
and would we even be having this conversation without it..would we even be here ????????

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24637
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Manbush » June 6, 2008, 5:53 pm

still not too late to keep Weyman, up his offer :cmon
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Albi » June 6, 2008, 7:26 pm

Raider at Heart wrote:We can settle this debate by watching this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I


This man is God.
The Office is a work of pure genius!! :roflmao
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Albi » June 6, 2008, 7:27 pm

manbush wrote:still not too late to keep Weyman, up his offer :cmon
I agree now
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

nemesis
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1138
Joined: December 6, 2007, 11:27 am

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by nemesis » June 6, 2008, 7:30 pm

i'm telling ya if we were playing competatively he would already be signed up
raider 4 life

Green_Viking
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 302
Joined: August 8, 2007, 5:06 pm
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde
Location: Rockdale

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Green_Viking » June 6, 2008, 9:32 pm

Easy on the bashing people who go to church, are religious and believe in God. I go to church, am religious and believe in God. Insulting people for their beliefs/non-beliefs is just ignorant. Just because you believe or don't believe in something doesn't make you any better or worse than someone else.

So because this issue tends to provoke rather strong responses in people and it's something that is extremely important in my life I respectfully request that you please do not continue with any derogatory remarks about religion. Thank you.

User avatar
Raider Crusader
John Ferguson
Posts: 2133
Joined: May 27, 2005, 7:03 pm
Favourite Player: Stone Cold

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Raider Crusader » June 6, 2008, 11:58 pm

Green_Viking wrote:Easy on the bashing people who go to church, are religious and believe in God. I go to church, am religious and believe in God. Insulting people for their beliefs/non-beliefs is just ignorant. Just because you believe or don't believe in something doesn't make you any better or worse than someone else.

So because this issue tends to provoke rather strong responses in people and it's something that is extremely important in my life I respectfully request that you please do not continue with any derogatory remarks about religion. Thank you.
Amen (and that ISNT sarcastic). I too go to church, am religious, and believe in God.
Albi wrote:
CMG wrote:
Albi wrote:Weird god botherers are intellectually deficient, so it's probably best we didn't sign him.

Religion is, and will always be, one of the greatest curses on humanity.
Your lack of belief in god is no different to someones belief in a god.

You have your right to believe or not believe and should not be judged for it.

To call him intellectually deficient is unfair and if that is what makes him happy then so be it
Well not really. To believe in God means that you accept the existance of strange supernatural beings in the absense of ANY evidence. It just beggers belief, and can only exist in a climate ignorance.

Not believing in god is simple - no evidence. Show me even one piece of evidence and I'll look an it. When you can't, I'll stick to my non-belief. Any no, non-belief isn't a belief. :D
Questions: 1. Where did the universe and everything in it come from? (and no, "The Big Bang" isn't the right answer, because what went "bang" and where did that come from?).

2. Where did life come from? (and no, evolution isn't the answer, as this can only supposedly work if you have life to start with).

3. Why is there no evidence for evolution? Why in this day and age do scientists have no idea how evolution could happen (because natural selection/mutations don't add new genetic information to organisms which is required for evolution to occur).

What really beggars belief and reeks of ignorance is a non-belief in God. Here's what atheists believe.

Billions of years ago, nothing went 'bang'. After billions more years of prehistoric rain falling on the rocky earth, life somehow appeared. Then for a still unknown reason, this ancient single-celled organism was able to make itself better over billions of years turning into billions of different oragnisms. We don't know how this is scientifically possible, but it happened. How do we know it happened? Because we want it to have happened without God. No God means no consequences. I can do what i want.

Somehow, reptiles 'evolved' into birds. They turned cold blood warm somehow. They grew wings and found the genetic information for feathers somehow. They developed a new avian lung and breathing system somehow. They got light-weight bones for flight somehow. They detached their upper mandible from their skull somehow.

Have you ever wondered why there are NO reptiles with beaks? No reptiles with feathers? No reptiles with wings? No reptiles with warm blood? You would think there would at least be an intermediate organism between bird and reptile. Strange that.

But people don't want to hear this or think about this. They don't want to believe in any form of "God", so they cling to a theory which hasnt found any evidence (and yes, there actually isnt any - try me!).

Psalm 14:1 says: 'The fool has said in his heart "There is no God" '

How true

Bible-bashing rant over.
Image

User avatar
tragic
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1842
Joined: June 2, 2007, 6:26 pm
Location: Just north of Canberra- Brisbane

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by tragic » June 7, 2008, 12:49 am

Seriously?! I have very strong opinions about religion, but do we really need to get that far off topic in a rugby league forum?

Thats the kind of thing best kept for other areas of your life, not debated online. Just like in real life, its bound to end in some nasty conflict.

Mods/admin?????? (I'm not trying to stiffle discussion, just prefer I didn't have to get religious stuff on the GH).
Raiders member no# 2278.

Green_Viking
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 302
Joined: August 8, 2007, 5:06 pm
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde
Location: Rockdale

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Green_Viking » June 7, 2008, 8:57 am

I agree tragic, this isn't the right place for a discussion such as this. I don't mind that people don't believe I would just prefer to leave the insults out of it.

User avatar
Mickey_Raider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2024
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Canberra

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Mickey_Raider » June 7, 2008, 9:59 am

believing in God doesnt need to entail defying logic and denouncing scientific thesis like evolution. For many people believing in God, or being religious just means living life, or believing in living an ethical life that corrolates the teachings of a particular faith. Disparaging people for being religious, or being ignorant on account of their religion, is ignorant in itself. For the record, i am catholic, but by no means a bible toter.
Canberra Raiders: Est. 1982 .... 89,90,94

RAIDERS TILL I DIE!

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19136
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by edwahu » June 7, 2008, 10:32 am

Everybody knows the world was invented in 1982.

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Albi » June 7, 2008, 10:40 am

Raider Crusader wrote:
Green_Viking wrote:Easy on the bashing people who go to church, are religious and believe in God. I go to church, am religious and believe in God. Insulting people for their beliefs/non-beliefs is just ignorant. Just because you believe or don't believe in something doesn't make you any better or worse than someone else.

So because this issue tends to provoke rather strong responses in people and it's something that is extremely important in my life I respectfully request that you please do not continue with any derogatory remarks about religion. Thank you.
Amen (and that ISNT sarcastic). I too go to church, am religious, and believe in God.
Albi wrote:
CMG wrote:
Albi wrote:Weird god botherers are intellectually deficient, so it's probably best we didn't sign him.

Religion is, and will always be, one of the greatest curses on humanity.
Your lack of belief in god is no different to someones belief in a god.

You have your right to believe or not believe and should not be judged for it.

To call him intellectually deficient is unfair and if that is what makes him happy then so be it
Well not really. To believe in God means that you accept the existance of strange supernatural beings in the absense of ANY evidence. It just beggers belief, and can only exist in a climate ignorance.

Not believing in god is simple - no evidence. Show me even one piece of evidence and I'll look an it. When you can't, I'll stick to my non-belief. Any no, non-belief isn't a belief. :D
Questions: 1. Where did the universe and everything in it come from? (and no, "The Big Bang" isn't the right answer, because what went "bang" and where did that come from?).

2. Where did life come from? (and no, evolution isn't the answer, as this can only supposedly work if you have life to start with).

3. Why is there no evidence for evolution? Why in this day and age do scientists have no idea how evolution could happen (because natural selection/mutations don't add new genetic information to organisms which is required for evolution to occur).

What really beggars belief and reeks of ignorance is a non-belief in God. Here's what atheists believe.

Billions of years ago, nothing went 'bang'. After billions more years of prehistoric rain falling on the rocky earth, life somehow appeared. Then for a still unknown reason, this ancient single-celled organism was able to make itself better over billions of years turning into billions of different oragnisms. We don't know how this is scientifically possible, but it happened. How do we know it happened? Because we want it to have happened without God. No God means no consequences. I can do what i want.

Somehow, reptiles 'evolved' into birds. They turned cold blood warm somehow. They grew wings and found the genetic information for feathers somehow. They developed a new avian lung and breathing system somehow. They got light-weight bones for flight somehow. They detached their upper mandible from their skull somehow.

Have you ever wondered why there are NO reptiles with beaks? No reptiles with feathers? No reptiles with wings? No reptiles with warm blood? You would think there would at least be an intermediate organism between bird and reptile. Strange that.

But people don't want to hear this or think about this. They don't want to believe in any form of "God", so they cling to a theory which hasnt found any evidence (and yes, there actually isnt any - try me!).

Psalm 14:1 says: 'The fool has said in his heart "There is no God" '

How true

Bible-bashing rant over.
Interesting, but I've heard the arguement from incredulty from young-earth creationists (or more recently IDiots) many times. Answers to all of your questions can be found here http://www.talkorigins.org/. I hope you read it, but I doubt that you will - go on, surprise me!!

Anyway, Lets just agree that the Raiders are the closest we have to a devine pressence on earth, and leave it at that. :thumbsup
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Albi » June 7, 2008, 10:42 am

Green_Viking wrote:Easy on the bashing people who go to church, are religious and believe in God. I go to church, am religious and believe in God. Insulting people for their beliefs/non-beliefs is just ignorant. Just because you believe or don't believe in something doesn't make you any better or worse than someone else.

So because this issue tends to provoke rather strong responses in people and it's something that is extremely important in my life I respectfully request that you please do not continue with any derogatory remarks about religion. Thank you.
Righto
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13749
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Question » June 7, 2008, 10:53 am

as MR Thomas Cruise enters the room.

User avatar
Raider Crusader
John Ferguson
Posts: 2133
Joined: May 27, 2005, 7:03 pm
Favourite Player: Stone Cold

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Raider Crusader » June 7, 2008, 10:56 am

Albi wrote:
Interesting, but I've heard the arguement from incredulty from young-earth creationists (or more recently IDiots) many times. Answers to all of your questions can be found here http://www.talkorigins.org/. I hope you read it, but I doubt that you will - go on, surprise me!!

Anyway, Lets just agree that the Raiders are the closest we have to a devine pressence on earth, and leave it at that. :thumbsup
Actually, i know that website like the back of my hand - ive never found anything remotely persuavive...unless you can't point out something?

Answers to all of your questions can be found here http://creationontheweb.com/content/view/21/65/ , http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html. I hope you read it, but I doubt that you will - go on, surprise me!!
Last edited by Raider Crusader on June 7, 2008, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Nick
Mal Meninga
Posts: 55313
Joined: January 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Nick » June 7, 2008, 10:57 am

In Todd I Trust :cool:

Im not religious, never have been, never will be, but belittling someone else for being religious or belittling their religious is pretty ordinary form imo, its personal choice, some choose to believe in it, others dont... for mine the only god ive ever worship are the gods that have been and gone and are still to come for the Raiders :cool:
Image
Image
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8

greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.
^^^
:lol: !

User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13749
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Question » June 7, 2008, 11:01 am

Raider_69 wrote:In Todd I Trust :cool:

Im not religious, never have been, never will be, but belittling someone else for being religious or belittling their religious is pretty ordinary form imo, its personal choice, some choose to believe in it, others dont... for mine the only god ive ever worship are the gods that have been and gone and are still to come for the Raiders :cool:
Now take this bread and eat it.

happy 21st num nuts. :D

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 582
Joined: April 24, 2006, 9:32 pm
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai
Location: CFMEU Heartland

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by TiTTieS_[CNTDN] » June 7, 2008, 11:03 am

Albi wrote:
TiTTieS_[CNTDN] wrote:Gee, let's wait till we get some rigorous debate happening then we can say religion is bad. Also, religion and belief in God aren't tied up together. Religion is a much bigger thing than belief in God. Religion causes problems because it is exclusively based in beliefs and these beliefs often conflict with those of other people.

Religion on its own is not bad, it is simply when conflicts are caused by religion that we can say there is a problem with religion.
That's like saying that the plague on it's own isn't a bad thing - it just gets nasty when it infects someone.
Absolutely. It is also much the same as saying that peanuts are bad. For some people, they are deadly while for others they are not. Simply put, a peanut growing out in the country with no one around isn't doing any harm but it may do when it is consumed by a person with an allergy to it.

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Albi » June 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Raider Crusader wrote:
Albi wrote:
Interesting, but I've heard the arguement from incredulty from young-earth creationists (or more recently IDiots) many times. Answers to all of your questions can be found here http://www.talkorigins.org/. I hope you read it, but I doubt that you will - go on, surprise me!!

Anyway, Lets just agree that the Raiders are the closest we have to a devine pressence on earth, and leave it at that. :thumbsup
Actually, i know that website like the back of my hand - ive never found anything remotely persuavive...unless you can't point out something?

Answers to all of your questions can be found here http://creationontheweb.com/content/view/21/65/ , http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html. I hope you read it, but I doubt that you will - go on, surprise me!!
Uh oh! A young-earth creationist!! For those who don't know what one of these are, they're a bizarre breed of person who thinks that the earth is about 6000 years old, and that Noah took dinosaurs on the arc :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

I've been to creation web, and found it fascinating - by fascinating, I mean hilarious.

I suppose it's a bit hypocritical of me to attack your bizarre blind faith, when after all I'm a Raiders supporter. :thumbsup

Now lets focus all of our energy on the mighty green machine now!!!
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

User avatar
Raider Crusader
John Ferguson
Posts: 2133
Joined: May 27, 2005, 7:03 pm
Favourite Player: Stone Cold

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Raider Crusader » June 7, 2008, 11:29 am

Albi wrote:
Raider Crusader wrote:
Albi wrote:
Interesting, but I've heard the arguement from incredulty from young-earth creationists (or more recently IDiots) many times. Answers to all of your questions can be found here http://www.talkorigins.org/. I hope you read it, but I doubt that you will - go on, surprise me!!

Anyway, Lets just agree that the Raiders are the closest we have to a devine pressence on earth, and leave it at that. :thumbsup
Actually, i know that website like the back of my hand - ive never found anything remotely persuavive...unless you can't point out something?

Answers to all of your questions can be found here http://creationontheweb.com/content/view/21/65/ , http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html. I hope you read it, but I doubt that you will - go on, surprise me!!
Uh oh! A young-earth creationist!! For those who don't know what one of these are, they're a bizarre breed of person who thinks that the earth is about 6000 years old, and that Noah took dinosaurs on the arc :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

I've been to creation web, and found it fascinating - by fascinating, I mean hilarious.

I suppose it's a bit hypocritical of me to attack your bizarre blind faith, when after all I'm a Raiders supporter. :thumbsup

Now lets focus all of our energy on the mighty green machine now!!!
Believe me, both beliefs are as 'blind' as each other. Neither are actually science, merely interpretations of past events. No-one can prove the earth to be 6,000 years old or 4,000,000,000 years old, because no-one was there at the time.

And don't worry - no matter what people believe, they all become young-earth creationists after they die (oo! controversy!). We shall see...

One belief offers eternal life, they other offers nothing after death. Are u so sure your belief is right that u will bet your life on it? Big call IMO
Image

User avatar
Albi
David Furner
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Bundaberg, QLD

Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Albi » June 7, 2008, 11:41 am

Sorry, a couple more things - C'mon mods, give me a break!!

The Dinosaur-Bird relationship has been verified by a complete set of transitional fossils, including Cryptovolans pauli, which is a dinosaur with modern style feathers. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/archaeo ... l#features

Also, have a look here regarding the dinosaur-mammal transition which is well documented. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-tra ... l#syn2mamm and http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc ... diates_ex1
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Image
Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

Gillfish
David Furner
Posts: 3508
Joined: July 4, 2006, 2:37 pm
Favourite Player: Canberra No1's since 1986
Contact:

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Gillfish » June 7, 2008, 11:55 am

I think you should quit whilst you are ahead

User avatar
Raider Crusader
John Ferguson
Posts: 2133
Joined: May 27, 2005, 7:03 pm
Favourite Player: Stone Cold

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Raider Crusader » June 7, 2008, 12:10 pm

Albi wrote:Sorry, a couple more things - C'mon mods, give me a break!!

The Dinosaur-Bird relationship has been verified by a complete set of transitional fossils, including Cryptovolans pauli, which is a dinosaur with modern style feathers. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/archaeo ... l#features

Also, have a look here regarding the dinosaur-mammal transition which is well documented. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-tra ... l#syn2mamm and http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc ... diates_ex1
Interesting reading...im surprised i understood any of considering im an "IDiot".

Hardly concrete evidence...quite a lot of 'probably' this and 'probably' that. The fossil record isn't evidence in and of itself. Just because a lizard is buried below a bird doesnt mean they are related. I wonder what a worldwide flood wouldve done 4,000 odd years ago? I think it would bury sea creatures, reptiles, mammals, and birds in that order. What do we find in the fossil record? Just that!

So this doesnt prove evolution, or prove creation - it's two separate interpretations of past events. And just because Archaeopteryx is similar to reptiles and birds doesnt necessarily make it an intermediate. The Platypus looks like a half-duck half-beaver...doesnt mean it's evolving. There are some strange animals in this world
Image

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21974
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Seiffert82 » June 7, 2008, 12:29 pm

I find it mildly amusing that a thread with discussion on global warming gets deleted while a thread which includes offensive remarks about faith and religion is ignored.

Albi, when you say "Religion is, and will always be, one of the greatest curses on humanity.", it is not only inflammatory to a number of people on this forum (including me), it also takes away from any reasonable argument you may have on the topic.

User avatar
Raider Crusader
John Ferguson
Posts: 2133
Joined: May 27, 2005, 7:03 pm
Favourite Player: Stone Cold

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Raider Crusader » June 7, 2008, 12:43 pm

Seiffert82 wrote:I find it mildly amusing that a thread with discussion on global warming gets deleted while a thread which includes offensive remarks about faith and religion is ignored.

Albi, when you say "Religion is, and will always be, one of the greatest curses on humanity.", it is not only inflammatory to a number of people on this forum (including me), it also takes away from any reasonable argument you may have on the topic.
True.

I personally think evolution is, and always will be, one of the greatest curses on humanity.
Evolution ‘enlightens’ people like Hitler that blacks and Jews are the less-evolved inferior ‘race’, and to help the human *'s evolutionary process by selecting more favourable attributes like blonde hair and blues eyes.

Evolution ‘enlightens’ people that there are no absolutes. No definite right or wrong. No ultimate justice or accountability for our actions. No point in living. Is it any wonder that millions of people commit suicide every day? *'s the point of living if we are just random accidents? Is it any wonder the vast majority of school-killers are wearing pro-evolution T-shirts, promoting natural selection?

Finnish high-school killer (and hardcore evolutionist) Pekka-Eric Auvinen said:

“Today the process of natural selection is totally misguided. Modern human race has not only betrayed its ancestors, but the future generations too… *'s time to put natural selection and survival of the fittest back on track! … I am prepared to fight and die for my cause. I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of the human race and failures of natural selection.”

If evolution is true, are people like Hitler and Auvinen really misguided? Why should the human race ‘waste’ money and resources on the diseased and disabled? Aren’t they detrimental to our further evolution?

Ultimately, if both theories lack concrete proof, which one should you choose? The one that promotes no meaning of life, no right and wrong, no justice? Or the one that offers eternal life? Regardless of which theory is correct, which one has the biggest consequences?


(and for the record, i think global warming is a load of bollocks, but im not gunna argue that point because i dont really care about it...i wish the world was warmer anyway)
Image

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24637
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Manbush » June 7, 2008, 12:52 pm

All hail Xenu :roflmao
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Raider Crusader
John Ferguson
Posts: 2133
Joined: May 27, 2005, 7:03 pm
Favourite Player: Stone Cold

Re: Mickey keeps the faith

Post by Raider Crusader » June 7, 2008, 12:59 pm

manbush wrote:All hail Xenu :roflmao
Dont get me started on Xenu...

religion invented by a sci-fi writer...

please
Image

Post Reply