Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dr Zaius »

Police have the horsies out for a trot
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

So, the plan is: protest the lockdown at a super spreader event, probably extending the lockdown.

That’ll show em.

Interesting tactics, let’s see how it plays out cotton.

It’s times like these Charles Darwin would be doing an impression of that Jack Nicholson nodding gif, feeling pretty vindicated about his theory of Natural Selection.
Up The Milk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Coronavirus

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

gangrenous wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:These numbers are terrible. You'd have hoped to see a positive effect from tightened restrictions last weekend, clearly not.

It's difficult to see how they turn this around short of a Wuhan style lock in, and a Samoan style door to door vaccination drive.
The restrictions announced were good. The exceptions that look like they pretty much walked it all back the next day weren’t.

Essential workers needs to be ESSENTIAL workers. If an essential worker role can be filled by someone closer, it needs to be filled by someone closer.

Distance restrictions on everyone to within 5km of your home except for as short as possible list of ESSENTIAL reasons for exemption.

Work with supermarkets to ramp up home delivery of groceries and pharmaceuticals. Actively encourage people to order groceries and medicines online where possible. At the very least actively encourage people to minimise trips to shops - aim for once a week max.

Bring in a curfew.

There needs to be a shift in mindset and while some elements like curfew have limited direct influence. I think the indirect influence on mindset, and ability to better police those who are not staying the course is needed.

Without that it looks like vaccines only and we’re in for the long haul…
With you on all but the bolded. Selfish reason only, because the nearest supermarket to me is 8kms away.

If I can leave the 5km radius for groceries, I’m all in
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 24, 2021, 12:58 pm So, the plan is: protest the lockdown at a super spreader event, probably extending the lockdown.

That’ll show em.

It’s times like these Charles Darwin would be doing an impression of that Jack Nicholson nodding gif, feeling pretty vindicated about his theory of Natural Selection.
They're not the types to go and get tested, or stay home when sick either.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote: July 24, 2021, 11:47 am
Dr Zaius wrote:These numbers are terrible. You'd have hoped to see a positive effect from tightened restrictions last weekend, clearly not.

It's difficult to see how they turn this around short of a Wuhan style lock in, and a Samoan style door to door vaccination drive.
The restrictions announced were good. The exceptions that look like they pretty much walked it all back the next day weren’t.

Essential workers needs to be ESSENTIAL workers. If an essential worker role can be filled by someone closer, it needs to be filled by someone closer.

Distance restrictions on everyone to within 5km of your home except for as short as possible list of ESSENTIAL reasons for exemption.

Work with supermarkets to ramp up home delivery of groceries and pharmaceuticals. Actively encourage people to order groceries and medicines online where possible. At the very least actively encourage people to minimise trips to shops - aim for once a week max.

Bring in a curfew.

There needs to be a shift in mindset and while some elements like curfew have limited direct influence. I think the indirect influence on mindset, and ability to better police those who are not staying the course is needed.

My friend lived through the lockdown in Northern Italy. She wasn't allowed out without a permit. Permit had to be applied for online. She would get stopped at least twice by police on the way to the supermarket to see said permit. It could come to that I guess.

They are also looking at rapid point of care tests. Cheap. Not as accurate as a PCR, but getting better. Essential workers could test everyday before leaving for work.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Dr Zaius wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote: July 24, 2021, 12:58 pm So, the plan is: protest the lockdown at a super spreader event, probably extending the lockdown.

That’ll show em.

They're not the types to go and get tested, or stay home when sick either.
If they want to help things out maybe they could volunteer at their nearest ICU?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

gergreg wrote:If they want to help things out maybe they could volunteer at their nearest ICU?
They’re volunteering to be patients there, that count?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

Bring in a curfew.

With you on all but the bolded. Selfish reason only, because the nearest supermarket to me is 8kms away.

Online order + delivery?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote: July 24, 2021, 1:39 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

Bring in a curfew.

Online order + delivery?
Not necessarily going to work for some older people
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Coronavirus

Post by gangrenous »

“As short as possible list of ESSENTIAL reasons for exemptions”
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

The least thing needed after the highest numbers reported is a super spreader march event..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-24/ ... /100320620

Also absolutely no shock that that tik tok **** that was getting leaked numbers is front and centre...

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 24, 2021, 12:30 pm
gangrenous wrote:So the question remains - why don’t they say up to 90?

Forget conspiracies and nonsense. Just, what is the reason?
Incompetance?
I don't think it's fair to ask Dr Z to be able to answer for the NSW Government. Yesterdays presser called the situation a National Emergency. There is nothing hidden about the expression of those two words 'national emergency'. I didn't see todays presser but below has been reported

'Daily coronavirus cases in New South Wales have reached a new outbreak high for the third day in a row.

In the 24 hours to 8pm on Friday, the state recorded 163 locally acquired COVID-19 cases - up from an earlier record of 136 on Friday - from more than 93,000 tests.

At least 70 were active in the community for part or all of their infectious period. The isolation status of 19 others remains under investigation.'

Sadly a new record for NSW has been set. The high test rate is a good thing as it allows those with Covid to be identified and to isolate.

I don't blame the other states for not wanting to send additional vaccines to NSW. They are looking after their own.

The CEO of Pfizer has said they will be producing more vaccine than anticipated:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2B32HN

The anticipated 2021 production was 2 billion doses and they estimate they will produce 2.3 to 2.4 billion. Time for the feds to order more and to bring forward delivery dates due to the excess production if possible. Still no word on the acceptance of the Moderna vaccine by the TGA. That would bring another 10million doses in by the end of 2021. The issue is that the supply need is now hence the push by Kerry Chant yesterday for people to see their GP and make an informed decision to run with the AZ vaccine. She has had the AZ vaccine.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Coronavirus

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

gangrenous wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

Bring in a curfew.

Online order + delivery?
So we have a good Woolies and bad Woolies in our area.

The bad Woolies: Always looks like a bombs been through it, even pre-COVID. They do delivery and Click and Collect, but they’re often extremely delayed, and often you won’t get a full shop. Again, they were bad pre-COVID. Lockdown has just exasperated what was already bad.

The good Woolies: Stock is never an issue, have been on top of everything during lockdown, but they don’t do delivery or Click and Collect.

So it’s a case of pick your poison until September when my estate will be getting its own Coles… well that was the pre-Lockdown target
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Schifty wrote: July 24, 2021, 2:25 pm The least thing needed after the highest numbers reported is a super spreader march event..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-24/ ... /100320620

Also absolutely no shock that that tik tok **** that was getting leaked numbers is front and centre..

Narcissistic, self aggrandising prick.

And worshipped by the horde, no less.
Up The Milk
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

People. The dumbest species on the planet.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

this is what we are up againts...
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

The Goo running freely I see.
WorkChoice
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

How do these people breed

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

-TW- wrote: July 24, 2021, 4:53 pm How do these people breed

People in this country are so mentally weak.
WorkChoice
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The police and police minister pretty fired up. Formed a task force to go after these oxygen thieves. The good thing is that the majority refused to wear masks, so will be more easily identified.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Imagine thinking punching a horse is a good idea...

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Oh I so want to see how that ended up.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

A real tough guy right there.
WorkChoice
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dr Zaius wrote:Oh I so want to see how that ended up.
Probably with old mate getting a punch in the face from 3 cops

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW- wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Oh I so want to see how that ended up.
Probably with old mate getting a punch in the face from 3 cops

Or...

LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Hopefully celebrating his new found freedom behind bars tonight.
WorkChoice
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

One day they'll get their freedom. And given that hardly any of them will be vaccinated, wave of covid be like

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

57 Already arrested.

They can have their covid party in a holding cell
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Schifty wrote: July 24, 2021, 5:51 pm 57 Already arrested.

Wonder if Mundine will get a knock on his door.
WorkChoice
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

LP Raider wrote: July 24, 2021, 5:54 pm

My favourite is a person who works for sky news going there and saying the media is the problem.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Schifty wrote: July 24, 2021, 5:58 pm

My favourite is a person who works for sky news going there and saying the media is the problem.
Considering the dumb questions they ask over and over again, that person might have a point.

Not sure how most of them have a job in journalism.
WorkChoice
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Thoughts on medical care for COVID being denied to people if they were participating in the protests?

Give them a chance to truly test their theories about covid without a ventilator whilst they can’t breathe…put your money where your mouth is.
Up The Milk
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

LP Raider wrote: July 24, 2021, 6:04 pm
Schifty wrote: July 24, 2021, 5:58 pm

Considering the dumb questions they ask over and over again, that person might have a point.

Not sure how most of them have a job in journalism.
Sky News is journalism?

I thought it was a hub for shouting conspiracy theories.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

What are we now couple of k in cases and 5+ 90 year olds in nursing homes have passed on to a better life.
This place is woke.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 24, 2021, 6:04 pm Thoughts on medical care for COVID being denied to people if they were participating in the protests?

Give them a chance to truly test their theories about covid without a ventilator whilst they can’t breathe…put your money where your mouth is.
Could be a viable option down the track when everyone has had a chance to get a jab, no jab no ventilator.

Read a story from a nurse in the states, she had a patient who was dying from covid and begged for the vaccine. She had to tell him the grim reality that it was too late.
WorkChoice