Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mickey_Raider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: The Politics Thread 2021

Post by Mickey_Raider »

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... irekeeper/

As I indicated earlier, this reporting reiterates and estimates that the JK program wasted approximately 10-20 billion on companies with soaring profits.

I do apologise. Earlier I extrapolated the data we did have and applied it across the whole program and came to a figure of 17 billion.

It could be 20 billion.
Up The Milk
Mickey_Raider
John Ferguson

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Also the scandals rumble on.

We know from Frydenberg that Lamings conduct is unacceptable and he will be standing aside at the next federal election.

But we also infer that his conduct is not unacceptable enough to force an immediate by election in Bowman, as this could send the government into minority.

It just never ends with this mob.
Up The Milk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, I can honestly see all of this stuff costing the Libs the next federal election.

And Frankly... I'm completely happy with that. If this is what it needs for culture change from the top down, then this is what Australia needs.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Mickey_Raider
John Ferguson

Post by Mickey_Raider »

The Nickman wrote: March 29, 2021, 12:20 pm Yeah, I can honestly see all of this stuff costing the Libs the next federal election.

And Frankly... I'm completely happy with that. If this is what it needs for culture change from the top down, then this is what Australia needs.
It is still going to be very close.

Like all elections, a seat by seat brawl.
Up The Milk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Would've thought you would have to be a decent human being to be elected to Parliament

Laming has disproved that theory

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Botman »

thats interesting, i would have never thought that. In fact my general thoughts are all these guys are **** incompetent or crooks. If they had an ounce of ability, they wouldnt be in politics... but it maybe im too cynical

being a good and decent person seems like a trait that excludes you from politics. There is a great harry potter quote about power that seems pretty relevant.
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

The Politics Thread 2021

Post by gangrenous »

Botman has the identified the horcrux of the issue. They’re all Weasley.
Last edited by gangrenous on March 29, 2021, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote: March 29, 2021, 12:20 pm Yeah, I can honestly see all of this stuff costing the Libs the next federal election.

It has certainly discounted an October election, anyway.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

Botman wrote:thats interesting, i would have never thought that. In fact my general thoughts are all these guys are **** incompetent or crooks. If they had an ounce of ability, they wouldnt be in politics... but it maybe im too cynical

being a good and decent person seems like a trait that excludes you from politics. There is a great harry potter quote about power that seems pretty relevant.
I’m waiting for KW to start moving up the ladder and sorting this mess out
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:41 pm
Botman wrote:thats interesting, i would have never thought that. In fact my general thoughts are all these guys are **** incompetent or crooks. If they had an ounce of ability, they wouldnt be in politics... but it maybe im too cynical

I say it again, all these guys are **** incompetent or crooks. :D
EXEC quote_post

GO;
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: March 30, 2021, 8:05 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:41 pm

I say it again, all these guys are **** incompetent or crooks. :D
Lucky for KW he's both!
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I know a number of people who have gone into politics. They start with honourable intentions and end up corrupted by the processes. First casualty is their own moral code when they find out what is required to survive the party room and to keep their own seat.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: March 30, 2021, 11:41 am I know a number of people who have gone into politics. They start with honourable intentions and end up corrupted by the processes. First casualty is their own moral code when they find out what is required to survive the party room and to keep their own seat.
All jokes aside, it does genuinely seem this way
I dont know that anyone goes into the game with bad intentions but the nature of the job and what it takes to rise to the top of a party etc... i mean by the time they've gotten to that level, they're so used to the disloyalty and looking after their own personal interests and then interests of the party, very few are able to maintain that connection to why they got in the game to begin with

I've had a good old chuckle at the uproar about Morrison not sacking this dirtbag Andrew Laming... and i can sit here and completely agree the guy isnt **** fit to hold public office. But has any sitting party ever voluntarily sacked one of it's own members when it would plunge the sitting Govt into a minority?
Im not a political historian so if there is precedence I'm not aware of, I'm happy to be told this assumption is wrong, but i'd be surprised if that's every happened, on either side of the aisle.
EXEC quote_post

GO;
Mickey_Raider
John Ferguson

Post by Mickey_Raider »

https://theconversation.com/please-no-m ... ebt-158056

Another fantastic article, this time from the professor of economics at the University of Adelaide.

TL;DR: "The government does not need to increase taxes in order to increase spending, and it doesn’t even need to borrow. Its Reserve Bank issues currency for it all of the time, every day."
Up The Milk