Israel Folau

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24589
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Manbush » April 15, 2019, 10:34 pm

LP Raider wrote:
April 15, 2019, 6:48 pm
PigRickman wrote:
April 12, 2019, 9:55 pm
I’d love to know if Izzy has kept within his religion and given substantial amounts of his income to his church

Also I’d be super pumped if Izzy could just **** off and take his hateful **** with him
He does give financially to his church.

So your asking someone to **** off and take his hateful **** with him.

Right.

You do understand that most people outside the media share his views.
Id disagree with that, even ignoring the last census many Christians are dropping that particular belief like they’ve dropped many other beliefs that don’t fit in with modern secular values, one saving grace of Christianity is it evolves with society.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124851
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Israel Folau

Post by greeneyed » April 15, 2019, 10:39 pm

OK, edwahu is right. All further discussion of the Folau topic should be taken to this thread in the Current Affairs board.
Image

User avatar
BJ
David Furner
Posts: 3507
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by BJ » April 15, 2019, 11:08 pm

greeneyed wrote:OK, edwahu is right. All further discussion of the Folau topic should be taken to the Current Affairs board or The Union Thread, thanks.
Maybe we need a Stoneage thread where posters can write their views on a stone tablet instead of the modern internet.

Don’t tell them the father of the computer was gay.

MrPosh
Ken Nagas
Posts: 136
Joined: June 24, 2016, 5:39 am
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by MrPosh » April 16, 2019, 6:32 am

BJ wrote:
April 15, 2019, 11:08 pm
greeneyed wrote:OK, edwahu is right. All further discussion of the Folau topic should be taken to the Current Affairs board or The Union Thread, thanks.
Maybe we need a Stoneage thread where posters can write their views on a stone tablet instead of the modern internet.

Don’t tell them the father of the computer was gay.
Was the computer adopted or was it a surrogate mother?

User avatar
simo
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8365
Joined: March 12, 2013, 7:50 pm
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by simo » April 16, 2019, 6:35 am

BJ wrote:
April 15, 2019, 11:08 pm
greeneyed wrote:OK, edwahu is right. All further discussion of the Folau topic should be taken to the Current Affairs board or The Union Thread, thanks.
Maybe we need a Stoneage thread where posters can write their views on a stone tablet instead of the modern internet.

Don’t tell them the father of the computer was gay.
I thought there was already a religion thread?
Dont delete this GE

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17170
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Israel Folau

Post by -PJ- » April 16, 2019, 7:52 am

Netball with the wife...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
gangrenous
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9284
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Israel Folau

Post by gangrenous » April 16, 2019, 7:53 am

MrPosh wrote:
BJ wrote:
April 15, 2019, 11:08 pm
Don’t tell them the father of the computer was gay.
Was the computer adopted or was it a surrogate mother?
I think you’ll find it was a surrogate motherboard

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24589
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Manbush » April 16, 2019, 8:29 am

BJ wrote:
April 15, 2019, 11:08 pm
greeneyed wrote:OK, edwahu is right. All further discussion of the Folau topic should be taken to the Current Affairs board or The Union Thread, thanks.
Maybe we need a Stoneage thread where posters can write their views on a stone tablet instead of the modern internet.

Don’t tell them the father of the computer was gay.
Yep and the poor bastard was castrated because of it.

When you consider that was only about 70years ago we’ve come a long way but as Folua and his supporters have demonstrated we have so much further to go.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 42292
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by The Rickman » April 16, 2019, 8:59 am

LP Raider wrote:
April 15, 2019, 6:48 pm
PigRickman wrote:
April 12, 2019, 9:55 pm
I’d love to know if Izzy has kept within his religion and given substantial amounts of his income to his church

Also I’d be super pumped if Izzy could just **** off and take his hateful **** with him
He does give financially to his church.

So your asking someone to **** off and take his hateful **** with him.

Right.

You do understand that most people outside the media share his views.
You think most people outside the media share his views that all homosexuals, drunks and fornicators outside of marriage are going to hell??

You really believe most people think that, LP Smash?? Have you taken a head knock?

EDIT: I only saw GE's post on this page after I responded to LP Smash's post on the last page, so I'll stop the conversation here. Don't delete this, GE!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124851
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Israel Folau

Post by greeneyed » April 16, 2019, 9:09 am

The Rickman wrote:
LP Raider wrote:
April 15, 2019, 6:48 pm
PigRickman wrote:
April 12, 2019, 9:55 pm
I’d love to know if Izzy has kept within his religion and given substantial amounts of his income to his church

Also I’d be super pumped if Izzy could just **** off and take his hateful **** with him
He does give financially to his church.

So your asking someone to **** off and take his hateful **** with him.

Right.

You do understand that most people outside the media share his views.
You think most people outside the media share his views that all homosexuals, drunks and fornicators outside of marriage are going to hell??

You really believe most people think that, LP Smash?? Have you taken a head knock?

EDIT: I only saw GE's post on this page after I responded to LP Smash's post on the last page, so I'll stop the conversation here. Don't delete this, GE!
That’s when the discussion was in the Signing Speculation thread. It’s been split out into this thread off the Rugby League board. Free rein here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 42292
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Israel Folau

Post by The Rickman » April 16, 2019, 9:11 am

Could you delete your comment telling everyone it's the wrong thread then? It's going to be really confusing to people!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24261
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Israel Folau

Post by PigRickman » April 16, 2019, 9:43 am

The Rickman wrote:
April 16, 2019, 9:11 am
Could you delete your comment telling everyone it's the wrong thread then? It's going to be really confusing to people!
Well now this is confusing

People who are confusing should go to hell according to izzy
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 42292
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Israel Folau

Post by The Rickman » April 16, 2019, 10:17 am

PigRickman wrote:
April 16, 2019, 9:43 am
The Rickman wrote:
April 16, 2019, 9:11 am
Could you delete your comment telling everyone it's the wrong thread then? It's going to be really confusing to people!
Well now this is confusing

People who are confusing should go to hell according to izzy
And according to LP Smash, everyone who isn't in media circles agrees with him!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21611
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Northern Raider » April 16, 2019, 3:14 pm

Manbush wrote:
April 15, 2019, 10:34 pm
LP Raider wrote:
April 15, 2019, 6:48 pm
PigRickman wrote:
April 12, 2019, 9:55 pm
I’d love to know if Izzy has kept within his religion and given substantial amounts of his income to his church

Also I’d be super pumped if Izzy could just **** off and take his hateful **** with him
He does give financially to his church.

So your asking someone to **** off and take his hateful **** with him.

Right.

You do understand that most people outside the media share his views.
Id disagree with that, even ignoring the last census many Christians are dropping that particular belief like they’ve dropped many other beliefs that don’t fit in with modern secular values, one saving grace of Christianity is it evolves with society.
Christianity is pretty much the same as any other faith. Its the extremists that cause the problems.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24589
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Manbush » April 16, 2019, 5:35 pm

I know what you mean while not exactly agreeing because I’d have a wider category of problems caused.

While sticking to your tighter definition while the extremists cause the problems I’d say moderates empower them and give their views credibility.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21611
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Northern Raider » April 16, 2019, 10:20 pm

Manbush wrote:
April 16, 2019, 5:35 pm
I know what you mean while not exactly agreeing because I’d have a wider category of problems caused.

While sticking to your tighter definition while the extremists cause the problems I’d say moderates empower them and give their views credibility.
The moderates are those that go about their business. Any that empower extremism are not moderate.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24589
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Manbush » April 16, 2019, 10:35 pm

One simple example demonstrated on this thread LP believing the majority agree with Folau simply because we are majority Christian, Folau would also believe the majority are on his side for that very reason. Don’t need to explicitly state support to empower a group, sharing a basic belief can do the job.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24589
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Manbush » April 17, 2019, 2:48 pm

He’s challenging the termination, considering he had previously been warned it was a breach of his contract yet he intentionally did it again it should be pretty cut and dry.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... MP=soc_567
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
gangrenous
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9284
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Israel Folau

Post by gangrenous » April 17, 2019, 5:50 pm

Manbush wrote: it should be pretty cut and dry.
Sums up Folau in general

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24261
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Israel Folau

Post by PigRickman » April 17, 2019, 8:18 pm

Manbush wrote:
April 16, 2019, 10:35 pm
One simple example demonstrated on this thread LP believing the majority agree with Folau simply because we are majority Christian, Folau would also believe the majority are on his side for that very reason. Don’t need to explicitly state support to empower a group, sharing a basic belief can do the job.
I dont think it's fair or right to say simply sharing a basic belief in god is empowering homophobic sentiments. In fact i think that's pretty **** ridiculous.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21611
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Northern Raider » April 17, 2019, 8:42 pm

Manbush wrote:
April 17, 2019, 2:48 pm
He’s challenging the termination, considering he had previously been warned it was a breach of his contract yet he intentionally did it again it should be pretty cut and dry.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... MP=soc_567
Not really. Just because he was warned previously doesn't mean he breached his contract. That's pretty much what he's challenging, whether it actually breached it. it might be a last desperate attempt to get a pay out or maybe he hasn't technically breached the contract and the ARU is going to end up looking stupid. I really can't say what the outcome will be because I don't know the detail
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13410
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Green eyed Mick » April 17, 2019, 9:30 pm

Folau is toxic for the ARU brand and it is a world cup year. The ARU will probably be prepared to take a financial hit in order to bury this as quickly as possible.

User avatar
Sterlk
John Ferguson
Posts: 2912
Joined: July 20, 2008, 10:41 am
Location: Canberra - Raiders season ticket

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Sterlk » April 17, 2019, 9:37 pm

LP Raider wrote:
April 15, 2019, 6:48 pm
He does give financially to his church.

So your asking someone to **** off and take his hateful **** with him.

Right.

You do understand that most people outside the media share his views.
Green are the electorates that voted to legalise SSM in the postal survey. Red is those against:

Image

It appears you hold a minority view.
:!: Warning: poster is incapable of humour, engage with at your own risk. Symptoms of engagement may include frustration, mental imbalance and temporary insanity.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 42292
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Israel Folau

Post by The Rickman » April 18, 2019, 10:35 am

Good grief, Sydney... sort it the **** out. If Central Queensland can vote yes, then **** Sydney should be able to!

I've always said it was a complete cesspool of a state and a fish rots from the head.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21611
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Northern Raider » April 18, 2019, 11:34 am

The Rickman wrote:
April 18, 2019, 10:35 am
Good grief, Sydney... sort it the **** out. If Central Queensland can vote yes, then **** Sydney should be able to!

I've always said it was a complete cesspool of a state and a fish rots from the head.
Sydney is home of Mardi Gras too. The city is complete juxtaposition.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21611
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Northern Raider » April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm

Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 42292
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Israel Folau

Post by The Rickman » April 18, 2019, 12:03 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21611
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Northern Raider » April 18, 2019, 12:35 pm

The Rickman wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:03 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Realistically though the Atheist won't be too concerned. If you don't believe in Hell then its pretty much an empty threat. :)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 42292
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Israel Folau

Post by The Rickman » April 18, 2019, 12:40 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:35 pm
The Rickman wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:03 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Realistically though the Atheist won't be too concerned. If you don't believe in Hell then its pretty much an empty threat. :)
Unless hell is real, of course.

I'm going camping this weekend in a crocodile zone, but just because I don't believe in crocodiles doesn't mean I can't potentially get eaten.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
gangrenous
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9284
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Israel Folau

Post by gangrenous » April 18, 2019, 1:06 pm

Point is if you don’t believe in crocodiles though, you won’t worry about being eaten

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21611
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Northern Raider » April 18, 2019, 1:15 pm

gangrenous wrote:
April 18, 2019, 1:06 pm
Point is if you don’t believe in crocodiles though, you won’t worry about being eaten
Exactly. What is I said you were going to get eaten by a bunyip? To an atheist its a similar threat.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24261
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Israel Folau

Post by PigRickman » April 18, 2019, 2:20 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Im a proud drunk
And **** that guy.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17170
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Israel Folau

Post by -PJ- » April 18, 2019, 2:51 pm

The Rickman wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:40 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:35 pm
The Rickman wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:03 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Realistically though the Atheist won't be too concerned. If you don't believe in Hell then its pretty much an empty threat. :)
Unless hell is real, of course.

I'm going camping this weekend in a crocodile zone, but just because I don't believe in crocodiles doesn't mean I can't potentially get eaten.
Camping ?

You won't be sleeping on the ground will you ?

You're more a cabin man right ?

Generator, bed, fridge etc.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21611
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Northern Raider » April 18, 2019, 2:56 pm

PigRickman wrote:
April 18, 2019, 2:20 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Im a proud drunk
And **** that guy.
Burn in hell.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24589
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Manbush » April 18, 2019, 4:29 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:35 pm
The Rickman wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:03 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Realistically though the Atheist won't be too concerned. If you don't believe in Hell then its pretty much an empty threat. :)
Because there are protected groups, race, gender, disability and sexuality, same reason you can say anything you like about a Bronco fan but not about different races.

As for atheists won’t be concerned true it’s a hollow threat but it’s the sentiment behind it. Pentecostals believe in a literal fire and brimstone hell they believe people deserve to be tortured forever which is beyond disgusting, even Hitler wouldn’t deserve that. I just can’t fathom how people could love and worship a being they believe would do such a thing.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

Post Reply