Kayo

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Azza
Gary Belcher

Re: Kayo

Post by Azza » June 2, 2019, 1:51 pm

Yeah, so I guess what I'm asking is - is there anyway to cast two different channels (e.g. a league match and a cricket match) to two different TVs at the same time? Sounds like not?

gangrenous
Ricky Stuart

Post by gangrenous » June 2, 2019, 2:00 pm

I think of you have 2 devices logged in and two tvs capable of streaming that should be possible, but I haven’t tried.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- » June 2, 2019, 2:27 pm

Azza wrote:Yeah, so I guess what I'm asking is - is there anyway to cast two different channels (e.g. a league match and a cricket match) to two different TVs at the same time? Sounds like not?
Oh, yeah you should be able to

It would be the same as two people casting Foxtel Go

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Azza
Gary Belcher

Post by Azza » June 2, 2019, 5:41 pm

Yeah I thought so, I just have to figure out how to get it working - it's not obvious in the app. Maybe I just need to login from two different phones and cast to each TV separately.

Coastalraider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider » June 2, 2019, 7:30 pm

I doubt you would be able to do it from one device - but phone and laptop at the same time for example is likely.

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie » June 5, 2019, 7:23 pm

Hi all, if you are thinking of getting Kayo they are offering 3 months for free if you are a member of Beteasy. I just got a text and signed up.

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » June 6, 2019, 7:01 pm

I have Foxtel IQ4, which has all the streaming features, does anyone think I’ll be better off if I drop the Sports Package and sign up to Kayo? I think the prices are comparable

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » June 6, 2019, 7:12 pm

Why would you be?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » June 6, 2019, 7:13 pm

I pay premium price for Foxtel now. I don't see why I don't get Kayo for free. It's exactly the same thing... isn't it?

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp

Kayo

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » June 6, 2019, 7:50 pm

greeneyed wrote:Why would you be?
Just checking if they have different sports, any features Foxtel don’t have etc. $25 Kayo vs $29 Sports package. If Kayo is essentially the same, then yeah why would I do it
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- » June 6, 2019, 7:57 pm

No it doesn't have any additional content, or content that doesn't get shown on Fox or ESPN

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Azza
Gary Belcher

Post by Azza » June 6, 2019, 10:06 pm

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
June 6, 2019, 7:50 pm
Just checking if they have different sports, any features Foxtel don’t have etc. $25 Kayo vs $29 Sports package. If Kayo is essentially the same, then yeah why would I do it
For me the rest of foxtel is rubbish and I can download any TV shows I want.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R » June 21, 2019, 9:26 am

Azza wrote:
June 6, 2019, 10:06 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
June 6, 2019, 7:50 pm
For me the rest of foxtel is rubbish and I can download any TV shows I want.
Me too. I cancelled Foxtel in feeble protest over some content on Sky News that did my head in, but it was a huge own goal in so far as watching sport is concerned.

Having Kayo is brilliant. My son and I sat up last night watching obscure archival games of touch footy. I replaced all the TVs in the house so we can use the app directly. Life is good.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

Azza
Gary Belcher

Post by Azza » June 21, 2019, 9:35 pm

Yep and I have confirmed you can stream two different channels to two different TVs so long as you use different phones to do so.