Not Azza's photo thread

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Not Azza's photo thread

Post by T_R »

I was just flicking through Azza's thread, feeling my usual mixed respect/envy for what he produces.

It occurred to me that we need a photo thread for the common man....snaps from your iPhone. Everyone has a couple of great shots saved away in the gallery somewhere, which while not of the same standard as Azza's masterpieces, are worth a public viewing.

So go on, post 'em up and let's take a look.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Re: NOT Azza's photo thread

Post by T_R »

I'll kick off. This is the Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi, just on sunset as the call to prayer went out. Quite lovely.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, alright then, since you asked. The view across to Pudong from The Bund, Shanghai. I just like the reflections on the water.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Incredible photos!

And seeing as this is iPhone only, I'll refrain from posting cat photos I took from my s8

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

You really want me to????
This place is woke.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

dubby wrote:Incredible photos!

And seeing as this is iPhone only, I'll refrain from posting cat photos I took from my s8

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Mine's a Samsung, too

Not sure about cat photos, though :D

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

And here's one I snapped on a recent visit to Mars

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

T_R wrote:And here's one I snapped on a recent visit to Mars

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, Central Australia, anyway

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Not Azza's photo thread

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Here's one I did a few years back. This Lion at Taronga was just doing laps around the den at Taronga, and wouldn't stop long enough for me to get a photo. I had an old Galaxy, so I thought I'd try the active mode and got this snap. Nearly wanted to throw the phone away afterwards, knowing I'll never take a photo this good again

**Edit** Thanks GE
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on August 28, 2017, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Select the smaller image size when loading up the pic on The GH App.
T_R
Don Furner

Re: Not Azza's photo thread

Post by T_R »

Great shot!

Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

So Azza can't post pics here ?
I don't post facts
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That showoff? Absolutely not.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Ouch, down I go :(

Maybe my thread has overstayed it's welcome
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Damn right! Flew too close to the sun!

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I always knew you were a jealous bitter twisted old freak. Just not this much :lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

You shouldn't even be in here.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Meh, whatcha gonna do cowboy? Cashmeousside, howbowdah?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I dont know what any of those options are.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Fight fight fight
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I like your photos. I think some of them are absolutely excellent.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Anti climax :(

I'm not trying to show off though in all seriousness. It genuinely makes me happy when people enjoy my photos and inspires them to post their own snaps, so I consider this spinoff a positive !
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I was 100% joking. I often flick through you photo thread. I was doing so yesterday and it made me wonder what 'normal' people could achieve on their phones in comparison, hence this thread.

And if I had photos like yours, there'd be a hell of a lot of showing off going on :D

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

With a bit of persistence and learning, I think anyone can learn to be a good photographer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Azza wrote:With a bit of persistence and learning, I think anyone can learn to be a good photographer
I wish it were true.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

It is!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:( Azza's ignoring my photos.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yours suck
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:(
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Harsh

Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

greeneyed wrote::( Azza's ignoring my photos.
They is quality photos ge .. I like the fluffy clouds in the ones at Greenway oval ..

however **** travelling to Tuggers .. nothing good happens there
I don't post facts
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Down there is my local pubImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Took this pic when i was camping. This is a looong way down a rough as dirt track. It was pretty full on in my cruiser so not sure how this old girl fot there.Image