2017 segment and banter thread

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: Round 1 segment and banter thread

Post by gangrenous »

Really shows how important your spine segmenters are to the team.

Not sure if Reptar is out through injury or suspension, but the segment thread is just a shambles without him.

Unless we can land a marquee signing, or pickles quickly makes the step up to a leading role in the spine this spells disaster for the segment thread.

The bias against this thread from the organising body is not helping either. Have we got one link in another thread from the bunker yet this season?
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

It is possible that the relegation of the segment thread to the lime lounge was a big blow to the segments and may have been the final straw for some key players who saw the writing on the wall and moved on at the end of last season.

I mean it is much colder in the lime lounge than in the Canberra Raiders forum and it doesn't have a beach so it isn't surprising that it is difficult to attract high calibre posters to this thread.

It was almost like running into the finals on the back of a campo hot streak which ended with a blown knee in a semi final and then failed to deliver the following season.

Can the spine issues be rectified quickly enough or will the segment thread be finally banished to history by the greenhouse illuminati? Only time will tell.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

pickles wrote:It is possible that the relegation of the segment thread to the lime lounge was a big blow to the segments and may have been the final straw for some key players who saw the writing on the wall and moved on at the end of last season.

I mean it is much colder in the lime lounge than in the Canberra Raiders forum and it doesn't have a beach so it isn't surprising that it is difficult to attract high calibre posters to this thread.

It was almost like running into the finals on the back of a campo hot streak which ended with a blown knee in a semi final and then failed to deliver the following season.

Can the spine issues be rectified quickly enough or will the segment thread be finally banished to history by the greenhouse illuminati? Only time will tell.
The Segments board gives it at least 30 straight disappointments before it looks to find a new spine

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

That's for sure! We had nickman in here every week last season passing the ball into people's heads and he didn't get cut!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: 2017 segment and banter thread

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Mrs Fui often accuses me of doing weird/dumb things that I think are totally logical/Normal. I thought I would ask the GH faithful and let you decide.

Rather than do my own thread, I thought I would tack onto this one

Is it weird that I...
Eat raw Puff Pastry? Ever since I was a kid I have liked the taste of it. When I'm making anything out of Pastry at home I will eat small amounts of scrap. I was doing it when I was a Junior at a local bakery, and my boss thought it was odd at the time.

Surely I'm not the only one?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No, eating raw pastry is perfectly normal.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

greeneyed wrote:No, eating raw pastry is perfectly normal.
Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Freak show territory. You should worry.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yeah that's just **** weird and you should probably be locked up in a small enclosure and studied
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Weirdos..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

FREAK!!!!
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Ok so the last one had a mixed result, but I know I'll be in the majority with this next one

Is it weird that I...
Ask people to buy me Coles Myer vouchers, so I can buy other vouchers?
Example: With Kris Kringles, I'll ask for a Coles Myer voucher and buy a JB Hi Fi voucher with it.

People ask me why I don't just ask for a JB voucher. Getting a Coles Myer voucher opens up a world of possibilities. Maybe I don't feel like getting something at JB, so I'll peruse the voucher section at Coles and see what's available. Or if there's nothing there, I can spend it in Coles
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Frank is not amused Image
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It's reptar!!

Please reptar, the Raiders and their fans need you to fix this season!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Royce Hunt?

Who the **** is this ****?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Pigman wrote:Reptar?

Fixed
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Touché
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hi Frank!
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Reptar and Frank! I tried to get some ground support swelling but it seems the big boss just passed over my analysis of how our performance directly relates to the segments. He's a tough nut to crack. Oh well, we'll always have that 2016 run and a 'next year' to look forward to, thinking what if...
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Reptar, can you either confirm or deny that your cat has been writing a weekly segment this season and will be in serious contention for footy brain of the year?

Can you also can't Nguyen that the raiders peak in form aligned with the pinnacle of segments and that the raiders have gone down hill ever since they were banished from the teams and previews thread?

Cheers
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Frank the Cat (aka Franko) for Coach
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Pigman wrote:Who the **** is this ****?

Welcome back to another season of Pigman's "Who the **** is this ****?!"
After an amazingly successful debut season, we're back again and it's just going to get tougher to find **** no one has **** heard of, but Ol Pigman has never been one to back away from a challenge, so without further ado
It's that time of the week when we ask...

Sam Hoare?
Isn't he that serial pest that interrupts major sporting events like the Melbourne Cup?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Haha you're right! That's **** him
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

That's peter hore, copped such a flogging from the crowd at a Newcastle league gf when his usual escape gate was locked.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Frank is pleased. He says Dave Taylor needs more games. I don't dare disagree as Frank might not be pleased if I do.Image
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Frank gives this season a 3/10. It's turned upside down. Image
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I missed Frank

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.