Did you know... and other useless trivia

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Did you know... and other useless trivia

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Ohh snap. I’ve heard either Stairway to Heaven or Beelzeboss, but I’m not 100%
It’s Stairway to Heaven. Listen to the song again, at the very end, the very very end, they play the opening chord from Stairway to Heaven.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

The shower water on Alcatraz was intentionally kept very hot. The reason? So prisoner's wouldn't get used to cold water and be able to swim to shore if they escaped
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Here you go

Useless trivia and other stuff.

I've always liked old school v8s.

I like the smell and sound of 60s and 70s v8s

I've never known true love.

My life feels like it's a waste on someone better.

Yet, I still feel a sense of peace and calm.

It's not worth squabbling over differences. It's the ability and kindness to overlook that which makes us human.

We're all the same.

But we're also different

No wonder we hurt ourselves .

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Everything ok, dubs?
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

Yeah you ok Dubs?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

Next time you're watching a whodunnit movie, you can eliminate the bad guys by seeing who is using an iphone. Apple will only allow iPhones to be placed in movies if bad characters don't use them

Nickman's love of NSW
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

Volkswagen sells more sausages than cars. The company's cafeteria would make the from scratch since inception, and in the 1970's they realised sausages would make a good side hustle

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Garage door up at 11-30am Saturday morning dubby..

We’ll get absolutely loaded and watch the footy..

Good times.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

Deep Roy, of 2005's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory fame, played all 165 Oompa Loompas in the movie. This required him to perform seperate acts for each character, and he successfully negotiated to be paid per character.

He was one of the highest paid cast members in the film

Nickman's love of NSW
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

In the 1700s, King Louis XIV and other males began wearing high heels as a sign of status. They became extremely popular amongst men, and a race for increasingly higher heels began. Eventually heel heights were regulated; ½ inch for commoners, 1 inch for the bourgeois, 1½ inches for knights, 2 inches for nobles and 2½ inches for princes

Nickman's love of NSW
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

The image below is the Choluteca Bridge in Honduras. It was built in 1998 to go over the river, as bridges are meant to, however in 1998 Honduras was hit by Hurricane Mitch. The hurricane rerouted the river and destroyed the roads on either side of the bridge. It's now known as 'The bridge to nowhere'.

There's probably a lesson in this, around fixing something to solve a problem now, vs coming up with a future proof solution

Nickman's love of NSW
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

The modern carousel emerged from early jousting traditions Medieval times. Knights would gallop in a circle while tossing balls from one to another.

The word carousel originated from the Italian Carosella and Spanish Carosella "Little battle", used by crusaders to describe a combat preparation exercise and game played by Turkish and Arabian horsemen in the 12th century.

By the 17th century, the balls had been replaced with small rings that were hanging from poles overhead that the riders had to rip off with spears. The game began to be played by commoners, and carousels soon sprung up at fairgrounds across Europe.

Nickman's love of NSW
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

When Medieval monks would fast for religious reasons they would sometimes drink lots of beer instead of eating food, since drinking did not count as "food".

Nickman's love of NSW