2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Off
Laurie Daley

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

Post by Off »

simo wrote:Yeah buffalo. In camden, weve had the warmest winter i can remember.
**** off you are a fellow camdenite?
This place is woke.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

It is fair dinkum and while your mad-scientist level interspecies breeding plans won't work, you'll be pleased to know that I've already decided to pop it into a nest with a Faddy line split recessive pied cinnamon grey normal, which will hopefully help boost body size and, inshallah, maintain that soft feather and blow.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

That didn't come out right the **** off was supposed to be like shock.
This place is woke.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Question wrote:
simo wrote:Yeah buffalo. In camden, weve had the warmest winter i can remember.
**** off you are a fellow camdenite?
yeah mate. Elderslie to be more specific
Dont delete this GE
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Cool, we will have crack a jug at cvi sometime mate. By the way my buffalo has sever thatch atm.
This place is woke.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Yeah mate, i used to be up there all the time. Then all of us had kids and became lame
Dont delete this GE
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

T_R wrote:It is fair dinkum and while your mad-scientist level interspecies breeding plans won't work, you'll be pleased to know that I've already decided to pop it into a nest with a Faddy line split recessive pied cinnamon grey normal, which will hopefully help boost body size and, inshallah, maintain that soft feather and blow.
Truly a man of many talents.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

simo wrote:Yeah mate, i used to be up there all the time. Then all of us had kids and became lame
Lol, mine are able to fend for themselves now, so I can sneak away a bit more.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Any ways mate if your ever up there about 10 till 1pm on a Saturday morning sing out question in the front bar, I'll raise a hand if I'm there, or check for a red Vespa parked out the front.
This place is woke.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Question wrote:
T_R wrote:It is fair dinkum and while your mad-scientist level interspecies breeding plans won't work, you'll be pleased to know that I've already decided to pop it into a nest with a Faddy line split recessive pied cinnamon grey normal, which will hopefully help boost body size and, inshallah, maintain that soft feather and blow.
Truly a man of many talents.
Unfortunately, my lawn is terrible.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Photo please... I'll see what I can suggest .
This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Haha - cute cats and kittens, but did any of them analyse football games?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

dubby wrote:I'm glad he's back.

He gets my Simpson's references. (among with Tim and reptar)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
I'm fairly sure most people get your Simpsons references, seeing as most people have watched most of the Simpsons.

They're just ultra lame and used excessively and incorrectly by you.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Like your opinions and thoughts on Sezer?

Gotcha

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

dubby wrote:Like your opinions and thoughts on Sezer?

Gotcha

Zing
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

My world has been flipped on its head as I try to comprehend question riding a red vesper!

I am literally stunned! This could be a new segment too. Question reveals something surprising about himself! I eagerly await next weeks segment!
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Just to put things in perspective I have started a new segment called 'what was technology like when we last played in a prelim'

As you can see it is an oddly specific segment but I am hopeful there will be a follow up grand final edition. So here it is, technology from 1997

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

What's with the kid?

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Every good segment should have a random element that doesn't make sense. I would like people to think I am being highly cryptic when really it was just lazy research on my behalf... And by research I mean typing 1997 technology into google images!
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

afgtnk wrote:

I'm fairly sure most people get your Simpsons references, seeing as most people have watched most of the Simpsons.
Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing. Perhaps I should have wrote it, though, and not you as you've copped an absolute beauty in his response!
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Professor wrote:
afgtnk wrote:

Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing. Perhaps I should have wrote it, though, and not you as you've copped an absolute beauty in his response!
dubby really did bury afghgtk didnt he? The last time dubby burnt someone like that was back in 94. The writings on the wall people
Dont delete this GE
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

simo wrote:
Professor wrote:
afgtnk wrote:

dubby really did bury afghgtk didnt he? The last time dubby burnt someone like that was back in 94. The writings on the wall people
What was the technology like then?
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Hope this helps!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Your segment is a week early, pickles! I hope you've got something else up your sleeve.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Imagethis apparently happened more recently that the sharks winning a premiership. Its also more likely to happen again before they win one
Dont delete this GE
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote:
simo wrote:
Professor wrote:
afgtnk wrote:

What was the technology like then?
Technology did not exist.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

simo wrote:Imagethis apparently happened more recently that the sharks winning a premiership. Its also more likely to happen again before they win one
Image Image Image Image

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Well I may be late to the party, but hopefully I still get to see affhgrjrjtjtj pick that dubby burn out of his net
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

As did this!

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

T_R wrote:After Schifty's rejection of the photo of my large-headed magnifcently built violet English cock, for this thread I've gone in another direction.

This is a 4 week old skyblue receesive pied (Camelle Lamb bloodlines) split to a Kev Richards normal blue hen. It should maintain soft feather but increase in both bulk and blow after its adult moult.
That bird almost has a bigger forehead to face ratio than Nate Myles.
Gucy
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Hodgson, Leipana, Campese

2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

Post by Gucy »

Gotcha

So this is the famous Dubby I've heard so much about.

Whaddup blood?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

NEEDMEMBERSCODE
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Gotcha

OPTOOOYN, Aafkaskhaka
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

You see, it's a burn when it's met all criteria of the response.

Ultra lame - perhaps, fair enough
Excessive - ditto
Incorrect - nope