2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

People who contribute to discussion, and are knowledgable about the topic from which they speak

Or in simplistic terms, posters who are not you.
Last edited by Botman on September 21, 2016, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

Post by simo »

dubby wrote:Maybe they could bully and harass a few more out of here?? Image

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
by taking shots at them and deleting their responses?
Dont delete this GE
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

This is all a piss take isn it? :shock:
This place is woke.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Or perhaps you could just accuse people of being part of a group against you just because they disagree with you
Dont delete this GE
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Question wrote:This is all a piss take isn it? :shock:
On my behalf it is

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Archer wrote:
dubby wrote:Maybe they could bully and harass a few more out of here?? Image

Can I at least get my coat? :(
You can stay, for the monthly moderators meetings and that

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

What the hell just happened?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

reptar wrote:What the hell just happened?
Don't worry. You're not leaving, mate. You do no meet the criteria highlighted earlier :P
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Professor wrote:
Don't worry. You're not leaving, mate. You do no meet the criteria highlighted earlier :P
Don't say that. He'll get complacent.

What he meant to say, reptar is that you're on thin ice!
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

How quiet will the offseason be without the bandwagoners and clique
Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Raider Bell wrote:
Professor wrote:

Reptar brings Frank

Frank must stay.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:
Professor wrote:

Reptar brings Frank

Frank must stay.

Yes, Frank has told me the same!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

I knew one day not having a cat would be my demise.

I've had a gutful.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

My gut is pretty much full tbh
I'm hoping to ride out this season with the lads to a premiership and then I'll reconsider my future.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

bonehead wrote:How quiet will the offseason be without the bandwagoners and clique
are they mutually exclusive??? Haha I keed I keed
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Professor wrote:I knew one day not having a cat would be my demise.

I've had a gutful.

Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Pigman wrote:My gut is pretty much full tbh
I'm hoping to ride out this season with the lads to a premiership and then I'll reconsider my future.
Now, now. Let's not be hasty and start making rodmanesque like comments, rest his soul.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Actually telling everyone you'll stop posting and then continuing as is OG Dubby, before he posted in the politics thread and got a bad name
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

I was concerned about climate change till I seen all the shade in this thread. I'll know where to bunker down from here on out
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

That's a bit rich.

For starters, that's about 2007 or 2008. It was in that era when people were leaving the NRL to play afl, ru etc, and the raiders were just in the middle of nowhere. Like you, Rod and any other supporter, I had a gutful.

And, I distinctly remember a pm from you encouraging me to continue posting, among other things.

Pigman, it's difficult at the best of times to post socially, especially to people you don't really know. At times I just don't know how to take you, nickman and simo. To his credit, nickman has contacted me via pm on several occasions to clear the air. I'll always always respect him for that. And he's regularly supported me through my mental health issues.

I'd like nothing better than to actually meet some of you blokes, if anything else so I can appreciate your humour, personality and demeanour. It might avoid public displays such as this

Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

forum rules dictate you cant discuss pms without both partys permission dubs sheeeez
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

@dubby in all seriousness though, having met simo, theres very little you can ever take seriously that comes out of his mouth. Very little.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Can't we all just unite in our hatred of the Broncos?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I've met Tom and absolutely nothing he says can be taken at face value, so that puts his last post into a little different context
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

We know about your offer from Broncos HQ.

I want to be absolutely clear; you will not be released from your 2017 contract, and we will expect to see you at pre-season training as per normal.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Pigman wrote:I've met Tom and absolutely nothing he says can be taken at face value, so that puts his last post into a little different context
:lol: :lol: :lol: wheels within wheels plots within plots, i'm a regular Bene Gesserit
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote:

I want to be absolutely clear; you will not be released from your 2017 contract, and we will expect to see you at pre-season training as per normal.
I've got a case of cruisers and access to the F&R bronto so I can get to GE's helipad without access codes, I'm ready to do what needs to be done
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Hbomb wrote:@dubby in all seriousness though, having met simo, theres very little you can ever take seriously that comes out of his mouth. Very little.
That's fair enough, bomba.
But simo and pigman make sure that they remind me on a regular basis that I've said some stupid things. As if I didn't know that already. I tried to pm simo to sort it out of the main forum, but he never bothered to reply.

I admit I've said things, things I regret saying later. And even if I try to apologise, its not enough. Instead I get a regular reminder of it via constant cheap shots, not displaying any attempt to move on. So instead of trying to move on, we get stuck in a never ending, repetitive, unnecessary boring slinging match.

I just want to move on. I'm over it. Its is not like anyone else hasn't made a mistake. I take full responsibility for anything that I've said. When they constantly bring it up (while we overlook their own transgressions) it prevents meeting being able to get over it.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote:
T_R wrote:

I've got a case of cruisers and access to the F&R bronto so I can get to GE's helipad without access codes, I'm ready to do what needs to be done
You have too much dignity for Cruisers

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

See, this is why I'm considering my options. It's like you don't know me at all!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:
Pigman wrote:
T_R wrote:

You have too much dignity for Cruisers
Double blacks?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:

First thing I thought of was Tevita pigman junior. Image

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

My father is dreadfully sick, health wise he can only get down to Canberra 10-15 times per year and it will be much better for my family unit for us all to be together in our family home in Teneri... Err I mean Inala

Pigford is committed to the GH for the 2016 season
Last edited by Botman on September 21, 2016, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Pigman wrote:I've met Tom and absolutely nothing he says can be taken at face value, so that puts his last post into a little different context
:lol: :lol: :lol: fair dinkum