Moderator: GH Moderators

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

Post by reptar »

reptar's weekly segment list of the week

\[url\=.*\] <-- cheat regex

NOW IN ITS FOURTH WEEK OF GLORY! Last week, with a picture of THE Goat!

Get your segment in before it's too late!
Last edited by reptar on September 23, 2016, 12:33 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final vs Storm segment thread

Post by reptar »

reptar's muppet of the week

Discuss.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

That horse looks a bit hungry!

Great to be here in what I hope is the penultimate segment thread for the season.

The segments have really highlighted the humour and creativity of raiders fans everywhere!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

@pickles I'd give it thumbs up but that feature seems to have disappeared from Tapatalk
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

Post by pickles »

Not sure why tapatalk got rid of the like function, I liked the ability to like things.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Could I have "TR stupidly asks if a player is quite as good as he is made out to be and gets absolutely taken apart for it, the dumb bastard?"

TRSAIAPIQAGAHIMOTBAGATAFITDB is a fairly workable acronym, I think.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:Could I have "TR stupidly asks if a player is quite as good as he is made out to be and gets absolutely taken apart for it, the dumb bastard?"

Not sure I could do that - here in segment central, we're against just adding things to the list at random.

PS. I added it to the list at random.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:Could I have "TR stupidly asks if a player is quite as good as he is made out to be and gets absolutely taken apart for it, the dumb bastard?"

Not sure I could do that - here in segment central, we're against just adding things to the list at random.

Thanks. I'm fairly confident that it's a one-off.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:

Thanks. I'm fairly confident that it's a one-off.
You could make it about a poster next time.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I think that might be a little provocative.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:I think that might be a little provocative.
Is Dubby that sensitive though?
Edrick The Entertainer
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Gee, TR starts his own segment and goes straight to having his own thread about it! What do you think this is TR? Matt's match ups or something?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:Gee, TR starts his own segment and goes straight to having his own thread about it! What do you think this is TR? Matt's match ups or something?
Good point!!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:That horse looks a bit hungry!

Great to be here in what I hope is the penultimate segment thread for the season.

The segments have really highlighted the humour and creativity of raiders fans everywhere!
That horse looks hungrier than the Broncos did this season. Ha!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I don't like the pickles TR takedown segment at all.

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

With both the Nicks dropping the ball last week the takedown was just waiting to happen. You just strolled in at the wrong moment!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm just going to leave this here

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

reptar's weekly picture of bonehead

Life member John McIntyre. Thank you for everything you've done for this club!
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

That didn't take long!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Nice work Reptater
Edrick The Entertainer
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Well it wouldn't be the weekly segment thread without everyone's favourite picture of nickman related segment pickmans nickman!

We've gone international this week with world renowned dog breeder and trainer CH Öllmans Nickman. Have you even seen such a picture of perfection of a man walking with a dog? I doubt it! 12.7

Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Pickles not happy with the glory his segment already get's, now he's muscling in on the hotly contested "picture of a dog" category
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Look, I don't like to say this... but...
I kind of agree with the premise of your thread. Not to say that I don't think having Tapine in the side is awesome. I'm just surprised at the level of man love so far. There was one game I was watching late in the season where I was thinking "wow, that's what everyone else is seeing". What was it... one where he finished up a good play with nice footwork for a crucial try I think.

@reptar - could we please add "T_R's demonstration of deep Japanese cultural knowledge and defense of haiku sanctity against the heinous hate crimes of gangers" and "Gangers tells T_R to **** off"? I think after a few consistent weeks they've now earned a spot ;)
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Archer wrote:Pickles not happy with the glory his segment already get's, now he's muscling in on the hotly contested "picture of a dog" category
That's a pedigree dog right there! And being led by a nickman! Besides, after the nicks robbed me of the take down I am on the hunt for new segments.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

pickles wrote:
Archer wrote:Pickles not happy with the glory his segment already get's, now he's muscling in on the hotly contested "picture of a dog" category
That's a pedigree dog right there! And being led by a nickman! Besides, after the nicks robbed me of the take down I am on the hunt for new segments.
No no, mr nickman is the bald guy on the right
Edrick The Entertainer
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I never said there was only one nickman per picture!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:I never said there was only one nickman per picture!
The plot thickens
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

Surely all this stuff about storm wrestling injuring players will be good for us on the weekend! The refs should be watching them closely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Is this a new segment you've been working on El Capitano?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:Is this a new segment you've been working on El Capitano?
El Capitano's ref watch? Storm chasing? Give us a clue here!
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

El Capitano's what are the refs watching closely this week?
KW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Steve "no mans land" Collins

Post by KW »

This thread is confusing. KW :arrow:
Quality over Quantity Winner - 2007, 2008 and 2010 Golden Boogs Awards
Raiders Member #3383 - Bay 28, Row LL, Seat 6
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

A challenger(s) has appeared!
Not bad KW and El_Cap, looking forward to seeing what else you produce.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

KW wrote:This thread is confusing. KW :arrow:
Worth the effort deciphering Image
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

KW wrote:This thread is confusing. KW :arrow:
Too subtle for the dummies like KW