2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

Post by Botman »

SOMEONE STOP THE DAMN MATCH! THESE POSTERS HAVE FAMILIES!
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

NICKMAN IS BACK!!!!
Don't leave me like that, let's never fight again!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Nickman, hear you're coming to the pre game event and looking forward to buying you a beer, then giving you a big hug if you'll let me. Would love to see this forum move on, be nice to eachother, and celebrate together that this is Preliminary Final week.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Free beer and cuddles.

Damn, that sounds good.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Yep, now i see where the leipana favouritism stems from... I've never been offered free beer and love by the man at the top...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

This thread needs more segments.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:Oh god.

Kids, it's finals week.

Let's all play nicely.

If that's not possible, let's just all gang up on Bay.

Otherwise, why don't we just love each other for a couple of weeks, then form lynch mobs and gangs in the offseason and burn the joint down then?
You're first, ****.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:
T_R wrote:Oh god.

Kids, it's finals week.

Let's all play nicely.

If that's not possible, let's just all gang up on Bay.

Otherwise, why don't we just love each other for a couple of weeks, then form lynch mobs and gangs in the offseason and burn the joint down then?
You're first, ****.

EDIT: Hang on, I'm going to embed a youtube video in this
If we win the grand final, I will go willingly. There is no way that life will be able to get better from there.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

You're too damn angry.

You need a cuddle and a beer, Nickman.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'm not even angry, I'm just very, very disappointed about constant allegations of being some kind of nasty, online bully by people who I thought knew me a little bit better than that. That's all.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Have a beer and hug it out, champ.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:I'm not even angry, I'm just very, very disappointed about constant allegations of being some kind of nasty, online bully by people who I thought knew me a little bit better than that. That's all.
Cmere you
Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im in no **** mood to play nice
This **** idiot on the bacholerette just sent Carlos home on the first **** ep and it's ruined my **** christmas. **** sake
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

C'mon mate....bring it in

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Georgia Love?
More like Georgia Doesnt Even Want to Find Love with an awesome entrepreneurial stripper who gave her a **** Tiffany bracelet.

**** hell. Now im pissed off.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:This thread needs more segments.
Don't be silly. This is the segment thread, so is therefore about running people out of town. If you want segments, you should look in the Matt Matchup Thread. Or if you would prefer to talk about Blake Ferguson or Josh Dugan then you have the game preview thread. It's quite simple really, when you get used to it.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Could Nickman start a Cuddles and Beer With Nickman segment? Would tie things up nicely.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Reps, this is now the Bacholerette thread. If you'd like to argue with TR about segments, please go and start a segments thread in the lime lounge
KW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Steve "no mans land" Collins

Post by KW »

I'll film this cuddle

And partake in the free lager
Quality over Quantity Winner - 2007, 2008 and 2010 Golden Boogs Awards
Raiders Member #3383 - Bay 28, Row LL, Seat 6
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Looks like Ol' Raider Bell saved Christmas with another of his dazzling segments. I'm the people's champion.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

LOUD NOISES
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Nickman and ge getting back together over the next two weeks would tie the season up nicely.
Dont delete this GE
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Raider Bell wrote:Looks like Ol' Raider Bell saved Christmas with another of his dazzling segments. I'm the people's champion.
now say "well, my work here is done" wipe your hands, and disappear never to be seen again. Ever.
Dont delete this GE
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Well, my work here is done.
*wipes hands*
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

That's it, back to Winnipeg!!
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Raider Bell wrote:Well, my work here is done.
*wipes hands*
but you didnt do anything.
Didnt I? *fades away*
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

Wow I haven't been super active on here recently but... what a shake up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Has this thread even had a picture of an animal yet?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

It appears it has. Carry on.
KW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Steve "no mans land" Collins

Post by KW »

Nickman vs GE Arm Wrestle thread?!
Quality over Quantity Winner - 2007, 2008 and 2010 Golden Boogs Awards
Raiders Member #3383 - Bay 28, Row LL, Seat 6
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

New segment,
HBombs What the **** is with this animals ..... ?

Thats right people this week on HBombs what the **** is with this animals ??? we will be asking what the **** is with goats having testicles on their necks???

**** is up with that?

Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

KW wrote:Nickman vs GE Arm Wrestle thread?!
Troll cave
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:Nickman, hear you're coming to the pre game event and looking forward to buying you a beer, then giving you a big hug if you'll let me. Would love to see this forum move on, be nice to eachother, and celebrate together that this is Preliminary Final week.
I have no idea how I missed this post first time around, but somehow I did.

Of course I'd love that beer and hug. There's nothing more I'd like in the leadup to our first preliminary final win in twenty-two **** years!!!
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

GE, can we go to Casa Bonita??