NRL Semi-Final 2 2016 V Panthers

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: NRL Semi-Final 2 2016 V Panthers

Post by bonehead »

Old Boney's bonus

Thanks to my fans at foxsports for last week's love!

Not a lot of week 2 finals highlights to share off the old tube so with spirits needing a bit of a pep up this week, enjoy the first game Old Boney attended at Bruce.

Edrick The Entertainer
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

A couple of players there that we would have done much better to hold onto!
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Good stuff boney! I look forward to Fox Sport's special on the Super League Club Challenge next week!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Frank that cat's view from a lap Semi-Final 2 2016 vs Panther

Gentlemen and Bushy! I must say my call on Gallen being a cat was absolutely correct, he was so **** scared he didn't even turn up. Pity about the result. Here you see Violet hogging the tiles behind me. Any litter related mess is HER fault, so don't blame me!

Now it's time for the business end of the season - a must win game against my arch-enemy the Panthers. Why would you want a panther as your mascot when you could have a stunning black domestic cat such as me? The Raiders need to get the ball to the edges this game, distract the Panthers' edge defenders with decoys or tasty cat treats so the likes of Croker, BJ, Paps and Smelliot can run riot with subtle changes of line, and the power game. Offloads from tackles with Cartwright. We gotta make those bloody Panthers pay! And this time, lie all over the tackled player. The refs won't stop you!

Signing off,

Frank the Black Cat
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

simo wrote:The new
Same picture of phantom, aka buzz killington, every week!
The phantom bares a strong resemblance to greeneyed

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I can assure you I'm not The Phantom.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

greeneyed wrote:I can assure you I'm not The Phantom.
But you also claim not to be the Hooter! Are you lucy?
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Another great read frank, you still have my vote for football brain of the year!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote:Frank that cat's view from a lap Semi-Final 2 2016 vs Panther

Gentlemen and Bushy! I must say my call on Gallen being a cat was absolutely correct, he was so **** scared he didn't even turn up. Pity about the result. Here you see Violet hogging the tiles behind me. Any litter related mess is HER fault, so don't blame me!

Now it's time for the business end of the season - a must win game against my arch-enemy the Panthers. Why would you want a panther as your mascot when you could have a stunning black domestic cat such as me? The Raiders need to get the ball to the edges this game, distract the Panthers' edge defenders with decoys or tasty cat treats so the likes of Croker, BJ, Paps and Smelliot can run riot with subtle changes of line, and the power game. Offloads from tackles with Cartwright. We gotta make those bloody Panthers pay! And this time, lie all over the tackled player. The refs won't stop you!

Signing off,

Frank the Black Cat

Yo Frank, it's your cousin Max.
I too hate the Panthers. They used to be brown, then a liquorice all sort, then pink, now they're bronze and black. They have no idea about style.
Me, I'm all about style. And chicken. Lots of raw chicken. Speaking of which, the fridge is open.....

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote:
reptar wrote:Frank that cat's view from a lap Semi-Final 2 2016 vs Panther

Signing off,

Frank the Black Cat
Yo Frank, it's your cousin Max.
I too hate the Panthers. They used to be brown, then a liquorice all sort, then pink, now they're bronze and black. They have no idea about style.
Me, I'm all about style. And chicken. Lots of raw chicken. Speaking of which, the fridge is open.....
Frank's response: "That looks like an awesome couch to scratch!"
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Oh trust me, he's scratched it to bits

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Looks like he's have some fun with those blinds too!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

reptar's game day what movie did Bateman watch last night

As Foxtel was on the blink, Bateman relaxed last night watching:

In this movie, Peter Sellers plays Ian Schubert, a detective sent to find out how the Broncos cheat so much. He must hide as a player wearing the Penrith pink jersey. Much hilarity ensues when a sudden appearance of Alan Langer causes everyone to hold their noses.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Great stuff reptar! Th best one yet!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:Great stuff reptar! Th best one yet!
And getting all the attention it deserves in this thread too!
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

@frank honestly mate, best football mind on the gh. 100% nomming for a boogs.

@WMDBWLN I love it. Hamburger. Hamgurguerrrrr
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Haikus with Gangers Semi Final 2: Canberra Raiders V The Penrith Panthers
I can see Cleary
Now the rain has gone. No Storm
Forecast for Penrith.

Bonus Haiku
Our Philosophy:
"Hakuna Rapana" means:
"Be worried Panthers"

Bonus Sonnet
Whatever the result today
This season has been great
But if the match does fall our way
A prelim lies in wait

The injuries are weighing
On everybody's mind
Let's hope the spine are playing
And the footy gods are kind

One the team list must forsake
Will be missed to say the least
What an unlucky ankle break
Good luck next year Clay Priest

As fans let's Viking clap and make a fearsome scene
The time has come - a home semi - LET'S GO GREEN MACHINE!
Last edited by gangrenous on September 17, 2016, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Great work gangers! The best yet! Although the first one does run the risk of appeasing TR and his regimental approach to haikus!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Cheers Pickles.

It was a definite concern. But since I haven't drawn my seasonal words from a Saijiki (at least intentionally), or utilised juxtaposition, I think ol' T_R will still have plenty to sook over.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Ha! There's never any shortage of things for TR to sook over!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:Cheers Pickles.

It was a definite concern. But since I haven't drawn my seasonal words from a Saijiki (at least intentionally), or utilised juxtaposition, I think ol' T_R will still have plenty to sook over.
Damn straight I will.

That abortion of a haiku attempt is nothing short of a scandal.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

TR needs and ahsahi and lie down, stat!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Asahi.

Please.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

@pickles - I've also seen the misery that has been inflicted upon you and the readers due to the two Nicks refusal to post their widely read segments. The white-anting of your glorious counter-segment is despicable. I can't do that to T_R or the readers who demand the next edition of his counter-segment "T_R demonstrates deep Japanese cultural knowledge and defends the sanctity of the Haiku against ganger's heinous hate crimes". I am also further biased by the drive to keep alive my counter-counter-segment "gangers tells T_R to **** off".

@T_R - **** off ;)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

TIL gangrenous supports cultural hate crimes.

I think we've finally flushed the true GH racist :(

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

NRL Semi-Final 2 2016 V Panthers

Post by gangrenous »

Well, now that cat's out of the bag I suppose it can go live with greeneyed.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Where the hell is Hbomb's Lock of the Week? He's cutting it fine ain't he?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

gangrenous wrote:Where the hell is Hbomb's Lock of the Week? He's cutting it fine ain't he?
Htom?
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

I went away from it last week and we saw how that worked... So it's back: picture of a dog!

Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

gangrenous wrote:Where the hell is Hbomb's Lock of the Week? He's cutting it fine ain't he?
**** sorry gangers its been a whirlwind trip
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You're damn lucky they won Hbomb! If they hadn't I'd be holding you responsible!
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Gee TR. it's a bit steep calling out other people as racist when you've threatened to sacrifice a Japanese woman by throwing her into a volcano if it would lock in a raiders GF victory, even if she is your wife!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

pickles wrote:Gee TR. it's a bit steep calling out other people as racist when you've threatened to sacrifice a Japanese woman by throwing her into a volcano if it would lock in a raiders GF victory, even if she is your wife!
For a Grand Final!

A GRAND FINAL!

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Nothing says happy anniversary like impending human sacrifice! You're such a romantic!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

After being married to me for 13 years, she's pretty much ready to jump in anyway.