2016 Rd 26 V Tigers weekly segment thread for segments!

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

@pickles thanks mate. I've got a new segment idea for you. "Pick picks Cliqueman's clique man, man" where you unmask a clique member each week

@T_R you're too oblique, cheer up
Last edited by gangrenous on September 2, 2016, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Re: 2016 Rd 26 V Tigers weekly segment thread for segments!

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:@pickles thanks mate

Can't. Your haiku corruption has left me morose.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

De gustibus non est disputandum
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Alright guys, im going to mix this up a little this week. See if you can notice the difference!
Its the same picture of GE every week!Image
Dont delete this GE
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

In keeping with the Gif theme, i gif you a picture of a dog

Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Bonus one to keep the cat people interested. Can't be seen to be picking sides.

Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Both containing dogs. I get it, Arch. Say no more.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Raider Bell wrote:Both containing dogs. I get it, Arch. Say no more.
Look I didn't choose the segment! I'm not sure Reptar will let me post a picture of a dog with no actual dog, he runs a pretty tight ship.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:
gangrenous wrote:All of my Haikus reference the Canberra Raiders football season.
Too oblique

See tr this is why you don't get to have a segment, the sublety involved to produce the quality segments is wasted on the unwashed masses
Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

If I've said it once, I must have said it a thousand times....it's about quality, not quantity.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:@pickles thanks mate. I've got a new segment idea for you. "Pick picks Cliqueman's clique man, man" where you unmask a clique member each week Image

Ironically, the name of that segment would be the most poetic thing you've produced here.

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

It's a lot easier to knock down other people's art than to produce your own T_R.

Don't listen to him gangers!

Also reptar is open to any segment, as long as he can add it to his list and hyperlink to the post. He's all about quantity!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

T_R wrote:
gangrenous wrote:@pickles thanks mate. I've got a new segment idea for you. "Pick picks Cliqueman's clique man, man" where you unmask a clique member each week Image

Ironically, the name of that segment would be the most poetic thing you've produced here.

Please redirect future feedback on my posts to pigman in a pm. You may have an audience who gives a ****. Have a nice day.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Thank god franks back ans @gangers i love the haikus. Dont listen to tr hes a raging tr anyway
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Thanks Hbomb, please keep your feedback here and not in pigman's inbox
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:
T_R wrote:

Please redirect future feedback on my posts to pigman in a pm. You may have an audience who gives a ****. Have a nice day.
I do hope you realise thay I enjoy your posts and was only joking.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
T_R wrote:

I have a coffee mug tr, it reads "people think I'm funny but I'm actually just mean"
Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

My coffee cup says " Canberra Raiders"

Life is such a rich tapestry.

simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Mine says "you just got LITT up"
Dont delete this GE
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

:lol:
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

T_R wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
T_R wrote:

Fair go T_R! People taking anything in the weekly segment thread seriously is the funniest thing I have heard today!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Gangrenous is a deep, deep man.

Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

T_R wrote:Gangrenous is a deep, deep man.

True! He has been plumbing depths I hadn't realised existed.
But I do have a secret love of his Haikus.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Huomenta mun hyvä ystävät. Tänään on pelipäivänä....Perkele Vittu Saatanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:
HBomb's Lock of the Week

Allright slackers n shielas, ***** and the odd galah you know whats going down, but for those of you new to the forum this segment rates who is better out of the two named starting locks from each team. First up as we always do we will be thanking Reptar. For without Reptar sharing our segment on all the social media platforms and being gatekeeper of the segment list we would all surely have no segments to read.

This week we have I See Ya Lasagne vs Elijah taylor. How **** good is Lasagne. Honestly. The bloke hits like a truck, leads by example and all the players love him. Seriously I dont think it can be said enough the change this man has helped bring about in this team. Our leadership group of campo shillington and white and all we got was 15th place, a sacked coach, inconsistent performances and young players acting like complete **** because they owned the place. Ricky comes we lose milf then Lasagne comes and the young blokes instantly look up. Hes so **** good that we actually brought in players who were troublesome at multiple **** clubs and they become absolute **** wreaking machines. Someone needs to find some dynabolts that can go through diamond because this gem needs to be fixed to canberra stadium for life. **** off Taylor you got buckleys chance in hell.

Thanks for tuning in to the finale of regular season HBLotW aka HLotW, dedicated entirely to my love of Sia the **** man mountain Soliola. Thanks Sia, have a great game. As always, give ya dog a scratch behind the ear for me.
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Buckley's chance in hell might have to borrow that one!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Cranky Old Man wrote:
T_R wrote:Gangrenous is a deep, deep man.

True! He has been plumbing depths I hadn't realised existed.
But I do have a secret love of his Haikus.
They need appropriate seasonal references.

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Lock of the Week!! This awesomeness must mean it's game day!!! Which means:

reptar's weekly segment that says which movie Bateman watch last night, when last night is the night before the game

In this movie, the Dragon is so far hidden that it's not actually ever seen. Unless you happen to catch Channel 9.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

@reptar I hope Batman was watching that, I hope he gives brooks and that other, I quote sezer, "tough **** brahhhh?!" a couple helicopter kicks and a dragon punch
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Simos wackos whispers!
Wests Tigers Elijah Taylor will be ruled out and won't play Today due to virus
Dont delete this GE
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

simo wrote:Simos wackos whispers!
Wests Tigers Elijah Taylor will be ruled out and won't play Today due to virus
Must have read HBLotW and just gave up early
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Have we had dubbys game day sad yet??
Dont delete this GE