Your favourite weekly segments

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Your favourite weekly segments

Post by T_R »

I do, but it'd be atraight over your head.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

he can tell the difference between a sheep and a goat

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote:he can tell the difference between a sheep and a goat

I trust Google implicitly!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Hbomb wrote:Its time ladies and gentlemen for Australia's greatest eleventh hour **** segment:
HBomb's Lock of the Week

Thanks for tuning in to the special melbourne aussie battler edition of HBLotW, see you next week everyone, this is HBomb signing off, give ya dog a scratch behind the ear for me.
ImageTesla asked me to say thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Brewdle wrote:
Hbomb wrote:Its time ladies and gentlemen for Australia's greatest eleventh hour **** segment:
HBomb's Lock of the Week

Thanks for tuning in to the special melbourne aussie battler edition of HBLotW, see you next week everyone, this is HBomb signing off, give ya dog a scratch behind the ear for me.
ImageTesla asked me to say thanks

What a beautiful pup, and glad to see youre a fan of HBLotW Brew, cant wait to get down to soul calibre eventually!
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Any pet named Tesla is a winner in my books!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins

Your favourite weekly segments

Post by Brewdle »

Imagea favourite HB, and it's Soul Cartel ;) speaking of which, some dirtbags broke into the van last night n stole our iPad n about $1000 :(

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Why didn't Tesla stop them?!?
Brewdle
Brett Mullins

Post by Brewdle »

She was at home in bed with me Rep

Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Brewdle wrote:Imagea favourite HB, and it's Soul Cartel ;) speaking of which, some dirtbags broke into the van last night n stole our iPad n about $1000 :(

You know ive made that mistake about 50 times talking to mrs skirtman.... thats a **** real **** go from those **** *****. Im real sorry to hear brew, i hope you can recoup the losses quickly.... im not sure but can they trace apple products?
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

reptar wrote:
pickles wrote:This is the segment thread not the bromance thread. Back on topic please both of you!
I see a future with more than one segment thread. A man can dream big.
This really should be called the raiders v eels segment thread and no doubt there will be a raiders v manly segment thread next week. It will get far too confusing if all segments are bundle together in one thread! Segments need to be segmented!
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

pickles wrote:
reptar wrote:
pickles wrote:This is the segment thread not the bromance thread. Back on topic please both of you!
This really should be called the raiders v eels segment thread and no doubt there will be a raiders v manly segment thread next week. It will get far too confusing if all segments are bundle together in one thread! Segments need to be segmented!
See this is what i was talking about in the other lime lounge forum its really good to work these things out before finals
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:
reptar wrote:
Yes. But i don't think each segment needs its own thread. We encourage participation and cross referencing here!
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Completely agree with both of you. We wouldn't want the current confusion still reigning supreme once finals have started. We need a clear game plan devised over the next couple of week.

I'm all for a combined weekly segment thread. So inclusive of all segments but relating to a specific game.

Just because this isn't serious football discussion doesn't mean that we can't follow the same attacking and defensive structures as the big league!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

game day what movie did Bateman watch last night

For those that have been stuck in dodgy hotels in Canberra without Foxtel.

A rerun of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Gene Wilder plays Ricky Stuart in a movie about redemption and the greed of Corey Norman, who has to take the forbidden fruit and ends up worth his head floating through the ceiling. I'm told the Integrity Unit make an appearance towards the end.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Loving this new 'photos of my dogs' thread.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

It's a definite winner, Manchild. Almost makes me wish I had one!
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

reptar wrote:It's a definite winner, Manchild. Almost makes me wish I had one!
You see that little white thing in my pic? Toy Poodle. Perfect for an apartment. Doesn't shed hair. Emotionally unstable but you know good with the bad and all that.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote:
dubby wrote:he can tell the difference between a sheep and a goat

I trust Google implicitly!
So does Manbush

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Manchild wrote:
You see that little white thing in my pic? Toy Poodle. Perfect for an apartment. Doesn't shed hair. Emotionally unstable but you know good with the bad and all that.
I think I've pushed the landlord enough with permission for Frank and Violet.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Form since the segments relegated to the secondary digital channels has been AWFUL
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Now that's some great lasagne!
Homer
David Grant
Favourite Player: Alan Tongue

Post by Homer »

Manchild wrote:
Doesn't shed hair. Emotionally unstable but you know good with the bad and all that.
You just described me :o
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Hows the **** lasagne?!
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Hbomb wrote:
Brewdle wrote:Imagea favourite HB, and it's Soul Cartel ;) speaking of which, some dirtbags broke into the van last night n stole our iPad n about $1000 :(

You know ive made that mistake about 50 times talking to mrs skirtman.... thats a **** real **** go from those **** ****. Im real sorry to hear brew, i hope you can recoup the losses quickly.... im not sure but can they trace apple products?
I believe if have any other Apple devices you can use Find My IPhone which also works for IPad. You would've had to have had it enabled already on the IPad though.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Nickman wrote:It's pretty obvious to me that the real clique is GE, dubby, TR, Matt and Pigman
Hell no!

Nobody likes me. Image

Nobody likes Milhouse!