100!

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

BeerRaider
Gary Coyne

100!

Post by BeerRaider »

I am proud to announce that this is my 100 post!
Dobson is better looking than Sanga
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 100!

Post by dubby »

And here's to 1000 more mate

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

You'll catch up to both Nicks in no time!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman averages that per hour

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:Pigman averages that per hour
TR!!!
My brother.
My mate.
My legend

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BeerRaider
Gary Coyne

Post by BeerRaider »

Thank you for the encouragement guys and gals. I like to think that i dont comment much but when i do its highly intelligent and really counts toward constructive conversation. My pants are off for you guys.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

reptar wrote:You'll catch up to both Nicks in no time!
has already surpassed them in quality!
BeerRaider
Gary Coyne

Post by BeerRaider »

I take my pants off to you all. thank you for your positive comments.