Moderator: GH Moderators

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: The 2016 GH Presidential Election

Post by Schifty »

What a circus.

#WorstCandidatesSinceMeninga

Just proving why you should all vote for a calm, rational head who has a strong hashtag game.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Dear future constituents,

It has come to my attention that, unfortunately, my account has been hacked.

It appears as though said hacker has attempted to portray the Professor and the **** party as crack smoking, channel 9 lovers. It also appears that said hacker has very recently given everyone a spray - even went as far to tell everyone to get ****.

Those who know me know full well I would not engage in the types of things said hacker has tried to attribute to me - I'm a professor; I'm a teacher of the next generation - yes, I know, it's laughable.

Anyway, the investigative authorities tell me they believe said hack looks like the work of the clique - yes, the clique. Is this really the type of party you want representing you?

I will be happy to update each of you as more information comes to light.

Kind regards

The Professor and the ****
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ugly scenes

Do we really want a man who is unable to accept responsibility of his actions with his finger on the button?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

If it's not too late I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.
I have recently been in talks with avid Greenhouse reader His Majesty, Sir Josh Hodgson. He thinks that no one knows how to run the Raiders better than The Greenhouse.
If elected I can 100% guarantee that each week of the competition in 2017 a different head coach and assistant coach will be selected from The Greenhouse.

You get to set the training programs. You get to pick the squad. You get to ensure Jack gets paid.
Hell if the timings right you can even sign or fire whoever you want.

A vote for me is a vote for Hodgson. If you don't agree with him you might as well be a Broncos supporter.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Pigman wrote:Ugly scenes

Do we really want a man who is unable to accept responsibility of his actions with his finger on the button?
Ladies and Gentlemen - the party who are said to be behind the recent hack.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Raider 85 wrote:Dear future constituents,

It appears as though said hacker has attempted to portray the Professor and the **** party as crack smoking, channel 9 lovers. It also appears that said hacker has very recently given everyone a spray - even went as far to tell everyone to get ****.

Those who know me know full well I would not engage in the types of things said hacker has tried to attribute to me - I'm a professor; I'm a teacher of the next generation - yes, I know, it's laughable.

Anyway, the investigative authorities tell me they believe said hack looks like the work of the clique - yes, the clique. Is this really the type of party you want representing you?

Kind regards

This is just embarrassing now.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Notaroboticfish wrote:

Kind regards

It it, isn't it.

Those are said to be involved should be ashamed of themselves. Absolutely ashamed.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

This is your Howard Dean moment
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

The 2016 GH Presidential Election

Post by Raider Bell »

Raider 85 wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:

Kind regards

It it, isn't it.

Those are said to be involved should be ashamed of themselves. Absolutely ashamed.
I'm standing by my colleague here. It's in his darkest hours that he can count on me the most, not unlike exactly how the voters can always count on us.

Once again this party of professors and ****'s has unified in the fight for a better online posting space for those that really matter - you, the people. This amazing show of solidarity is sure to inspire the hard working folk that we are so privileged to engage with. They know thick and thin, we've got their back.

Bless you all, and have a cracker of a start to the weekend footy.

Love, us.
Last edited by Raider Bell on April 14, 2016, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

A nice clean campaign so far from all our candidates

I feel the electorate would like to know a little more on what your parties stand for.

What is your main message to the voters of the GH universe that you want them to be thinking about when they go to the polls on the 29th April?
2005 Golden Boogs Newbie Award Winner
2006 Finites Caption Contest Winner
2006 Golden Boogs Most Improved Poster
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

valiant_raider wrote:A nice clean campaign so far from all our candidates

I feel the electorate would like to know a little more on what your parties stand for.

What is your main message to the voters of the GH universe that you want them to be thinking about when they go to the polls on the 29th April?
Professor and the **** stand about being from the people, for the people. We're here to serve them, not they serve us.

Like many of the brilliant posters this site has, we have faced the tyranny of the clique from the trenches. We know first hand what it feels like to comment on how good Rapana is, and then fear the clique swooping down on you and demanding you agree he should be sacked from the team. I have personally written out a lengthy paragraph on how beneficial and inspiring Shaun Fensom is to our team, only to delete my draft because I had concerns the clique would somehow hack my account if I posted it and get me banned.

And now, today, I wake up to the clique (allegedly) hacking the most honest and hardworking person on this sites account. Absolutely disgusting stuff from a party battling to maintain relevance. Well I welcome this hacking. I welcome it with open embrace, for it shines a light into the darkest corners of the cliques mindset for all to see, and judge.

But do not shed a tear for the poor prof and his hacked account, for he does not need it. All he needs is the comfort knowing he's giving every ounce of his soul doing what he loves. Winning the GH election. Well I, for one, will ride with you, Prof.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Why has no one bought my vote yet?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

The prof and I are in the middle of gathering campaign funds of proverbial war chest proportions. You want to catch the big fish you need the big bait.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

Or "if you want the most important vote you need the biggest incentive" if that's easier on the ears for you.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Why has no one bought my vote yet?
Because your endorsement would be like getting one from George W Bush.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Raider Bell wrote:

Professor and the **** stand about being from the people, for the people. We're here to serve them, not they serve us.

Like many of the brilliant posters this site has, we have faced the tyranny of the clique from the trenches. We know first hand what it feels like to comment on how good Rapana is, and then fear the clique swooping down on you and demanding you agree he should be sacked from the team. I have personally written out a lengthy paragraph on how beneficial and inspiring Shaun Fensom is to our team, only to delete my draft because I had concerns the clique would somehow hack my account if I posted it and get me banned.

And now, today, I wake up to the clique (allegedly) hacking the most honest and hardworking person on this sites account. Absolutely disgusting stuff from a party battling to maintain relevance. Well I welcome this hacking. I welcome it with open embrace, for it shines a light into the darkest corners of the cliques mindset for all to see, and judge.

But do not shed a tear for the poor prof and his hacked account, for he does not need it. All he needs is the comfort knowing he's giving every ounce of his soul doing what he loves. Winning the GH election. Well I, for one, will ride with you, Prof.
Must have been the same people that hacked Scott Morrison's twitter account.

#WrstSpinEver
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Oh, Belly, is there a person whom I take more to the trenches with me? Absolutely not. What a soldier.

Finally, I've had it confirmed that it was in fact the clique who enacted the hack. Now, I've seen some untoward things happen in my time in politics, but this takes the cake.

It would seem then, that the clique party will be running their show from a prison cell. As a result, both the GH and the Raiders' club have distanced themselves from these "supporters". Said parties cannot be accused of being involved with people who engage in the type of activities that the clique does.

Not on, clique. Not on.

Enjoy prison - especially Nickman, the good looking ol' sailor - you'll be taken to like a moth to a flame.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Schifty wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:

Must have been the same people that hacked Scott Morrison's twitter account.

#WrstSpinEver
This is the thing, Schifty, it's not spin. You know how politics works - people will do anything and everything to demean another party.

Conversely, people will do anything and everything to not accept responsibility for actions which have costed their party dearly.

The latter, of course, is not what's happened in my instance.

Innocent as ****
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

For for anyone, just not nique and niqueman

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Raider 85 wrote:Oh, Belly, is there a person whom I take more to the trenches with me? Absolutely not. What a soldier.

Finally, I've had it confirmed that it was in fact the clique who enacted the hack. Now, I've seen some untoward things happen in my time in politics, but this takes the cake.

It would seem then, that the clique party will be running their show from a prison cell. As a result, both the GH and the Raiders' club have distanced themselves from these "supporters". Said parties cannot be accused of being involved with people who engage in the type of activities that the clique does.

Not on, clique. Not on.

Enjoy prison - especially Nickman, the good looking ol' sailor - you'll be taken to like a moth to a flame.

Christ
What an absolutely disgrace

You're no better than Greg Bird
Take some responsibility for your actions son!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Birdy and the ****

What a ticket!
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Nothing to take responsibility for here, pal.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I can't afford it Image

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Good grief, dubby
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

how much does the vote of a grand dragon cost?
Dont delete this GE
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

simo wrote:
Will be telling when this endorsement finally happens.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

It can't cost that much, he gave it to the Greens pretty cheaply.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Schifty wrote:
simo wrote:
Will be telling when this endorsement finally happens.
Imageit looks like the payments gone through. Here we have a picture of the tr vote reveal party hinting that their vote will go towards the big bird party. A late entrant perhaps?
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Just remember people, a vote for Schifty is a vote for dubby.

And birdy and the **** have finally let their ugly pro-channel 9 footy show/anti-Blake Austin stance come to light at the worst possible time of their campaign

The club continues to be silent and insignificant

There's only one option remaining. Vote 1 Clique
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

A vote for the clique is a vote for the Chinese

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

And dubby swings in with some good old fashioned racism

We'd expect nothing else from the man
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

The Nickman wrote:Just remember people, a vote for Schifty is a vote for dubby.
**** off ****

I'm the only candidate running on a pro twitter platform.

#MozambiqueMercenary
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

This really is a one horse race
You couldn't in good conscience vote for anyone BUT the clique
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

You guys are right. If you hate the Raiders, the clique is the only choice for you.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Haven't you got a "we hate Blake Austin and love Channel 9" forum to start?