Pray for the Canberra Raiders

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Pray for the Canberra Raiders

Post by greeneyed »

The thread has jumped the shark. Lime Lounge.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

It was never really a good thread to begin with, GE. Let's be honest here.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:
T_R wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
T_R wrote:As fascinating as we find Lucy and all his alts, let's save this forum for talking about the Raiders and shift the conversation about GE's religious prejudices and my outright racial separatism to the Lime Lounge, please.
Speak for yourself, pal.
You don't find his application of the most pure form of online narcissism somehow compelling?
Honestly, and just between you and I, I seriously worry about his mental health.
Surely you don't think that someone logging into an internet rugby league forum with the sole purpose of earning imaginary internet points by trolling complete strangers is in someway unhinged?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:The thread has jumped the shark. Lime Lounge.
I feel that it has settled to it's rightful place at the darkest nether regions of the GH underworld, the Lime Lounge.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
T_R wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
T_R wrote:As fascinating as we find Lucy and all his alts, let's save this forum for talking about the Raiders and shift the conversation about GE's religious prejudices and my outright racial separatism to the Lime Lounge, please.
Speak for yourself, pal.
You don't find his application of the most pure form of online narcissism somehow compelling?
Honestly, and just between you and I, I seriously worry about his mental health.
Surely you don't think that someone logging into an internet rugby league forum with the sole purpose of earning imaginary internet points by trolling complete strangers is in someway unhinged?
Honestly, he just sends alt after alt in to die like the diggers were sent in at Gallipoli.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I'm concerned for the mental health of 50% of this forum. I include myself in that btw.
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

T_R wrote:
Jeff Steinberger wrote:So, I was Bileduct and now I am this Lucy girl?

Who next?

Anyway.. Let us move to the lime lounge to continue this riveting "who dunnit" TR conspiracy..
Sorry, your posts just remind me of a deeply hysterical male hairdresser for some reason.

I guess you're just naturally a bit shreeky.

My bad.
So the male hairdresser is another fear of yours mixed in with the coloured people.

Let me guess, you are also somewhat afraid of dominant women and chose to marry the submissive stereotypical type?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:
T_R wrote:

Who next?

Anyway.. Let us move to the lime lounge to continue this riveting "who dunnit" TR conspiracy..
Sorry, your posts just remind me of a deeply hysterical male hairdresser for some reason.

My bad.
So the male hairdresser is another fear of yours mixed in with the coloured people.

Let me guess, you are also somewhat afraid of dominant women and chose to marry the submissive stereotypical type?
Yes, yes Lucy....we're all looking at you.

You were bottle fed, I take it?

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Agree with those who believe this is a poor thread and would be happy to see it "win" a "boogs"
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:
T_R wrote:

Who next?

My bad.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:
Wow.

Actual racism.

Stereotypes indeed.

Great post.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Pray for the Canberra Raiders

Post by Green eyed Mick »

EDIT
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

T_R wrote:
Jeff Steinberger wrote:
Wow.

Actual racism.

Stereotypes indeed.

Great post.
Racism? How?

Care to explain? I just assumed that seeing as you are a bigot, and afraid of males in a female dominated industry that youd be afraid of the opposite also and the dominant woman.

That's not racism last time I checked..
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

T_R wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
T_R wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Speak for yourself, pal.
Imaginary internet points?

This coming from the bloke who boasted about his racist scammer rubbish and then posted it for all and sundry on said internet forum.

Pot, kettle, anyone?
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Don't pick a fight you can't win, Jeff
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

1/10. Would read again.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

We've definitely bottomed out here

Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Schifty wrote:I'm concerned for the mental health of 50% of this forum. I include myself in that btw.
Lucky I'm definitely in the sane half
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

dubby wrote:Don't pick a fight you can't win, Jeff
Here comes the cavalry.. Between you and Nickman, TR has his wenches well and truly trained.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:D nope, still drifting southwards

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

:lol: Every time.
Dubby comes desperately wading into a fight trying to help when he needs no help.

ATAOATGI
Last edited by Botman on August 21, 2015, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Pigman wrote:
Dubby comes desperately wading into a fight trying to help TR in a fight he needs no help in.

ATAOATGI
It's cute. Leave Dubby be
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

T_R wrote::D nope, still drifting southwards
You'd be best to avoid the south, too many of dem n****'s down der boy!

*used for lols and fanboi ratings on an anonymous forum is ok, right TR?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Please stop
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I mean, I know we need to lock the thread, but I cant bring myself to :D

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Pigman wrote:
Dubby comes desperately wading into a fight trying to help when he needs no help.

ATAOATGI
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I've read some stinkers of threads in my time but this one now takes the cake
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

The Nickman wrote:Please stop
And here comes the second wave..

What do you get for being such an obedient boy?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:D don't stop

Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

T_R wrote::D don't stop
I have absolutely no intentions to.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Lime Lounge would have to be my favourite part of the GH right now. Far more pleasant to pass the time reading threads like this rather than the 99784th thread about who we should get rid of in the team because we lost yet another 'won' game, don't lock it!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

It's been fun, but I reckon that might just about do us.