Anybody remember me?

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sterlk
David Furner

Anybody remember me?

Post by Sterlk »

This would be my first post here in many years, and I'm kinda curious; does anybody actually remember me? :hmmm

I definitely recall being a bit of a twat, I can think of at least a couple of posts (there's probably many more) that would now make me cringe and think "what was I thinking?". I'd like to think I've matured since.

I guess I fell of the map here way back when due to a waning interest in the NRL; I'd never change teams or anything, but I remember being fanatical enough to read every scrap of Raiders news on here and vote in the player of the week thread every round, participate in the Boogs etc. These days, whilst still a season ticket holder, I don't really read or watch anything aside from the games themselves... anything that happens in between is a mystery to me.

Having a bit of a lurk around on my day off work.
T_R
Don Furner

Re: Anybody remember me?

Post by T_R »

I remember you.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Ditto
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I remember you.

And I've gone through a similar waning interest in the NRL and the GH.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Yes
Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Yes. I hope that helps.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Yep.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

No.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Nope
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Does anyone remember Schifty?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I remember Sasha.
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

Don't you know who I am?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You asking sterlk or us?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:Don't you know who I am?
Settle down, John
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Does anyone remember Albi?
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Nope, never heard of him.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:Nope, never heard of him.
I think he died. RIP Albi.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I remember TR.

No idea what happened to him.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

dubby wrote:I remember TR.

I have not been around these parts for long, but you really seem infatuated with this TR guy. Is it some kind of poor repetitive joke that only you find amusing or is it a legitimate obsession stemming from your want to wear his face as a mask?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Sorry.
Hope this helps.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

green94 wrote:Sorry.
Hope this helps.
Would've helped if John Howard, and not the actor, had said it.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:

I have not been around these parts for long, but you really seem infatuated with this TR guy. Is it some kind of poor repetitive joke that only you find amusing or is it a legitimate obsession stemming from your want to wear his face as a mask?
Why is it that the lamest troll accounts have to keep reminding us of the fact? We get it. You've been here ages, made a dick of yourself, got banned and snuck back in.

We're very impressed. Really.

Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

T_R wrote:
Jeff Steinberger wrote:

Why is it that the lamest troll accounts have to keep reminding us of the fact? We get it. You've been here ages, made a dick of yourself, got banned and snuck back in.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:
T_R wrote:
Jeff Steinberger wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Yep, it never gets old.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

:lol: wait, who the **** is Jeff?!
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pigman wrote::lol: wait, who the **** is Jeff?!
bay56
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Who cares? He was tedious before and he's tedious again now.

Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Wow, unexpectedly popular thread.

It's nice to be remembered (hopefully not in a bad way for most). Might stick around for a little bit, see if the interest holds.

I will say one more thing: Schifty - you break my heart! :cry:

I was there when the fence collapsed against Penrith in 2010, we shared a moment, you and I!

Not really, I watched the game on TV
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:

Nice Jab from a twit who continues to get banned, form new troll accounts that get banned,only to continue in a perfect circle.
And you talk about wearing someone else's face.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Sterlk wrote:Wow, unexpectedly popular thread.

It's nice to be remembered (hopefully not in a bad way for most). Might stick around for a little bit, see if the interest holds.

I was there when the fence collapsed against Penrith in 2010, we shared a moment, you and I!

I'm just joking I remember everyone here!

Not really but I remember you as there definitely were interactions as I can totally white text it up as well
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Schifty wrote:

Not really but I remember you as there definitely were interactions as I can totally white text it up as well
Do you remember The Nickman?

And haha.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Schifty wrote:I'm just joking I remember everyone here!

That second line confuses me, in the event it means you remember me from outside the GH, I'll say I've never actually met anybody from here before (that I know of).

I have seen a few though. At the pre-season fan days over the years I've seen some cave trolls, each time I nearly slay them with my longsword for the good of the public, then they inevitably pull out a GH award for one of the players and I think to myself "false alarm, they're only forum trolls".

I kid, I kid.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pro Tip: Never read too much into anything I I post here, it's pretty much electronic graffiti :)

I'm only referring to GH interactions.

btw, that as should have been an and..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

All this white and miniature text...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
Schifty wrote:

Do you remember The Nickman?

And haha.
That jerk! Whatever happened to him, anyway?