The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Advice on fundraising for charity

Post by magoo »

Greetings to The Greenhouse.
I am currently organising a trivia night to raise money for cystic fibrosis.
We have been going to local businesses asking for donations of goods that could be raffled off on the night.
So far we are having below moderate success.All of the big ones(Bunnings,SuperCheapAuto,BigW,etc) have said contact head office,we don't deal with it at store level.A few others (JB HiFI,Amart Allsports,Trade Secret,etc) have said put it in writing and we will consider it.Chemist warehouse were great.They didn't hesitate and handed over 2 small women's beauty packs straight away.It's the small local businesses who have been the most generous.The local pub,hairdresser,butcher,etc have all donated small items or gift vouchers.
We have advertised the night as having multi drawer raffles and i'm a bit concerned the prize pool may be a bit shallow.I will send emails and letters to the companies mentioned above, but I won't be holding my breath.
If anyone out there on The Greenhouse has any experience or advice I would greatly appreciate it.
A good friend of mine had cystic fibrosis and required a double lung transplant , which was successful and has allowed him to lead a life which most (myself included) people take for granted.As a nurse I see people suffer everyday and thought I should get off my bum and do something to help, hence the trivia night.I never new how much effort was involved with an event like this,but it has been very rewarding. I am just a little worried we won't be able to offer reasonable prizes to the punters who attend.
Anyway thanks for reading.
Yours sincerely Magoo
cholztrad
Chris O'Sullivan

Re: Advice on fundraising for charity.

Post by cholztrad »

I have a print shop, there's not much I can offer that you can raffle off but I've had done bumper stickers for charities in the past.

An idea can be to have stickers on a table and a money box next to it where if they grab a sticker they can leave a donation. A friend of mine did something similar recently for his Church and he gathered a very nice donation from that.

I'll be happy to print you off 100 or so bumper stickers, you can have a message on the bumper sticker that could help keep the word being spread.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Re: Advice on fundraising for charity.

Post by magoo »

Wow that's brilliant.If you pm me I will get in contact. Thanks heaps.