How many forums have you been banned on

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

After getting banned from LU for a couple of weeks today. They don't like my opinion in respect of the salary cap.

I figured it was worth a thread to comment on it.

I have also been banned from broncoshq.

Anybody else had any close brushes with the law?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: How many forums have you been banned on

Post by bonehead »

No I'm a good boy
Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Lonely Planet Thorntree, 2002

Knobs.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Central Coast Mothers
The Greenhouse

BHQ love me.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I thought my bhq trolling was going along ok, until one day I couldn't log in anymore.

TBH imo it shows a lack of intelligence from the administrators, they could just counter arguments with logical points but they just move to the stick.

What where you doing on a mothers forum and how did you get banned?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

None, I'm too polite online even to dick heads.

Only received one warning on the GH as well
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Nah I've never been banned. I think GE is patiently waiting for the day though... He's gunna cut circle work on my front lawn with his ban-mobile.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

I was banned from RLFans a few years back, I posted some of the following year's jersey designs that ISC had released, they were deleted from my post without any explanation so I added them back in. They were deleted again, this time I was told that it was because the clubs involved weren't ready to officially announce the designs. I pointed out to the mod/admin involved that they were already "in the public domain" because ISC had published them, I was then banned for being too argumentative.

Oh well, life goes on.
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I tried hard to get banned from LU at one stage, but Legend wouldn't do it because it would have given me too much satisfaction.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Dont think I was banned on LU , got a warning for cheating allegations though, cant remember. Dont go there much anymore.

Cant say Im on too many forums , was on MFP , still have an account but not really active anymore.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:I tried hard to get banned from LU at one stage, but Legend wouldn't do it because it would have given me too much satisfaction.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I got banned on bored of studies during my HSC
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Internet forums are for geeks and potential serial killers
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Which category are you Dusty?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

All of them, every single one on the internet
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This is the only forum I visit. Is there any other worth bothering about ?

And as of now I've been a good boy, everybody loves me...ha
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

greeneyed wrote:Which category are you Dusty?
Rugby League Nerd :lol:
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

What was your salary cap argument that got you banned from LU Papabear?
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

How can a bloke we all know is on 600k at the knights be signed on for the amount Hoffman was on, regardless of who you think is the better player every man and his dog knows Hoffman was on a lot less then boyd and boyd wouldn't have canned his 600k for 2015 for less cash.

Added to that, from the folau article on the weekend it appears that the broncos are lining folau up to get the NRL to pay him outside of the salary cap. If that's the case, why don't the broncos/news limited just pay him as they don't have a proper salary cap anyways.

Then there was general comments on TPP's.

I was of the understanding that they had to be totally independent of the football club, if so, why are they only signed when a new contract is signed, in such case they should be part of the salary cap.

I don't think Broncos meat supplying Co should be exempt from the salary cap when it pays the other 5 million of player payments owed.

I also noted the roosters were in the same boat and questioned why these two clubs appear to be above salary cap laws but every other club who gets caught gets penalised, even though besides the dogs/storm (and even them included) they cheat the salary cap less.